Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Komodo Dragon

Country/State : California

Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. Empty
PostSubject: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:18 am

Hello guys, it's me KD again. Here I am showing a set of mini woodland animals. There is a standing Bear(Kodiak or Grizzly?), two types of deer, one buck and one doe, a moose, a raccoon(or badger?), a rabbit, a bobcat(or lynx?) a wolf, a beaver, a red fox, and reindeer(or elk ?) I remember getting these at Toys R Us in a tube or bucket when I was 6 or 7 years old, and I don't remember what company made it, and if they are still around and on distribution. Some of these animals can be spotted on ebay lots, but not too often. And I am also missing the squirrel of this set, which I was about to win in an ebay auction, but lost Mad Do you own these too??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is what I have so far, and the paint has worn on them. Do you guys recognize these toys? Who made them? Do you have them too?

Another view of the animals

Bonus section of comparing the wolf of this set with the Playspaces tube Hyena. Who wins?

Oh no! The feud was interrupted by superior predators. Now who wins, the Playspaces Tube Lion or the bear of this set?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:40 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Possibility that readers mistook image from ebay link to be part of my collection, when in reality it isn't.)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:28 am

I think they are Playspaces but who can tell?

For the squirrel, I don't know which one you are talking about but I can see two Schleich and one Nayab.
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:55 am

If you start at the top row and go down four rows of the ebay auction, then you start from the left of the fourth row and go right 6 animals, that's this set's squirrel. Hopefully, people didn't mistake the ebay auction to be mine, because I didn't win it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:33 am

Ok scratch Unknown to me No
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:51 pm

Very Happy The real question is if anyone on Sts forums also has this set?? confused Am I the only one?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:50 am

It is certainly not one set Very Happy
Have you checked the brand names under their bellies ?

The flying squirrel and chipmunks right to him are AAA.
The otter-triplets in the first row are Nayab, the beaver in a log is K & M, the meerkat at the bottom left are from the old [url=oyanimal.info//index.php?title=Safari_291729_Meerkats_Set_of_Three]Safari-set[/url] , the two little otters facing each other are from Safari River TOOB or North American River TOOB.

Some a from cartoon-playsets, and I see many from the Nayab set of Forest or wild animals ...

Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:28 am

I had to edit my message, since maybe a lot of viewers of this thread mistook the ebay auction image to be part of my collection, when it actually isn't. The real focus is that tiny picture of the mini animals I actually DO own. You can enlarge by clicking it. Anyway, I want to know who made them and if anyone else on the Sts forums owns them too.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:14 am

Hello, I performed some editing in your posts, apparently I removed the EBAY link accidentally?
Instead of posting consecutivelly, you can edit your original post using the edit button in the row of buttons you can find at the top right of the post you want to edit. Idea
You can also use larger sizes to show your pictures as they are now that is much better, any doubt don't hesitate to ask. :)
I don't know this set of North American woodland figures but it is particularly interesting for me once it seems I still miss that fox in my collection of foxes. Very Happy
There's a raccoon, not a badger and a caribou instead of an elk, the lynx is hard to determine but being a North American set, much likely a bobcat as you suggested. Very Happy Let me know if you find an extra fox. bounce

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 am

Thanks roger for identifying the species of some of these. Maybe if you look hard enough, you can find this fox at the very corner of an ebay lot. Very Happy And to Susanne, I have checked their bellies, and it only says China and maybe a letter.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:41 am

Roger wrote:
Hello, I performed some editing in your posts, apparently I removed the EBAY link accidentally?

Fortunately, I still have the pic Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 2:53 pm

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Thanks roger for identifying the species of some of these. Maybe if you look hard enough, you can find this fox at the very corner of an ebay lot.  Very Happy And to Susanne, I have checked their bellies, and it only says China and maybe a letter.

You're welcome! Very Happy Try to confirm about those letters, my experience with Toy Animal Wiki tells me that any marking information can be very helpful in future to identify the brand and collection of a figure. Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Fortunately, I still have the pic Wink

Bravo, Kiki! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.   Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals. Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you know these mini forest animal toys? Rare set with bear, wolf, bobcat, and other forest animals.
Page 1 of 1