Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Brand

Go down 
+24
atabini
Gabe
Admin
SyLoBe
skysthelimit
MartinH
baltimore zoo
lucky luke
Ana
MD1985
Kiryuha
Lasersword1973
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
Joan Milelire
remowshake
Sergey
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
stecal
Rio
remrock02
Roger
HKHollinstone
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

A New Brand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:43 am

Roger wrote:
...and Ken, what about this hyena???

A New Brand - Page 2 151073_176237592394604_153528927998804_543900_5404433_n

there are around 20 items or more I would love to have and hyena is part of the list too!

No more farm life - wallet needs to fill up! Rolling Eyes

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:26 am

Thanks Harriet for the very very informative news you have given us. More and more toy companies to come out, the better for all of us to prevent price monopoly and to be more competitive in terms of their quality and standard.

Thanks. cheers

I like so many stuffs particularly the T-Rex, American Bison and the Hyena. Too excited to get them. bounce bounce bounce

Well, I hope they are not just photogenic though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
It's called Mojo. That is a very silly name. Some of the figures look decent, but very CollectA/Schleich/Papo derivative."
Interesting isn't it, as Sean said a lot of the animals are just copies of Schleich and others.
Thanks for sharing this news, Harriet!
But could you tell me why do you say that the name Mojo is so silly? It's hard to see the connotation for a non-native speaker...
Roger wrote:
I'm really excited with this new brand!!! Is very hard to see a nice lion in the market and I need to see the Mojo lion as soon as possible!
It's good that the lion has dark mane unlike that notorious blondie lion... But I think I'd hold my opinion before I could hold this figure in my own hands.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Roger wrote:
...and Ken, what about this hyena???
The "skin" surface of this hyena looks awkward - one should see it in real life to make judgement, I think. And I don't like how they made its tail - too simplified solution.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
It's called Mojo. That is a very silly name. Some of the figures look decent, but very CollectA/Schleich/Papo derivative."
Interesting isn't it, as Sean said a lot of the animals are just copies of Schleich and others.
Thanks for sharing this news, Harriet!
But could you tell me why do you say that the name Mojo is so silly? It's hard to see the connotation for a non-native speaker...
Roger wrote:
I'm really excited with this new brand!!! Is very hard to see a nice lion in the market and I need to see the Mojo lion as soon as possible!
It's good that the lion has dark mane unlike that notorious blondie lion... But I think I'd hold my opinion before I could hold this figure in my own hands.
I didn't say it was silly, that was Sean who said that, I'd copied his post to this thread from LG scratch

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
MD1985

MD1985

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Several nice figurines in the new brand..
too bad that they made the white tigers too. They shouldt excist in the first place, but I guess people still want to see them.
I really like the platypus.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:58 pm

MD1985 wrote:
Several nice figurines in the new brand..
too bad that they made the white tigers too. They shouldt excist in the first place, but I guess people still want to see them.
I really like the platypus.

The reason for making white tigers by almost each company may be very simple:double money from the same mold Rolling Eyes And You are right too-people just want to see them. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Harriet thank you for the information really happy as any Lord of a birth father.
At first impressed by some models that I love and already gives me great joy.
Second, I fear for my choice of this year as many models are interesting and my budget will be restricted. sunny sunny cheers Wink study
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 am

I agree, they copy a lot of other brands. I wish there was some company out there who would make animals in positions that we as collectors haven't seen(so much)instead of each companies' variation of the same figure/animal!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
I agree, they copy a lot of other brands. I wish there was some company out there who would make animals in positions that we as collectors haven't seen(so much)instead of each companies' variation of the same figure/animal!

Now I'm confused!
What happened when CollectA made a very nice buffalo, in a very different pose and in a very different style???confused
...and what ahppened when Schleich and Papo made buffalos with ordinary poses in very nown styles? confused
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Talking about the marks are copied each other seems pretty serious.

I'm sure that behind each of the figurine in any of the brands there are many hours and I think is nonsense that a brand copy the figure from the other one and not based on the original animal. In turn, the result would be an accumulation of errors, as they would add the other ones to their own.

If someone copy of course is wrong, I also think that would be reflected in the poor quality of the figurines. I guess any business sector wants its own label, and who does not?
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:25 pm

It would be OK if they copied Lineol Very Happy

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
It would be OK if the copied Lineol Very Happy

cheers
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Roger wrote:
Now I'm confused!
What happened when CollectA made a very nice buffalo, in a very different pose and in a very different style???confused...
Well, as for me - I chose the Collecta Buffalo as the best wildlife figurine of 2010 in my personal chart Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 pm

If you read the first pages of the catalogue you will see that it is not possible!
I believe that brands can make figures safe for children and nice for collectors! You have always the option resin models, a Breyer deer is much more accurate than any plastic toy deer, not for my wallet!
I'm hapy that I can use the same figures has the children of my family and sure that it will not cause injuries like some chinese bad and unsafely toys! :)

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Roger, I don't care for the CollectA buffalo with the "dipped" front leg pose.
How about an African Buffalo grazing or in a resting lying position?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:27 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

You are right, good point - the only figueres that lie down are usually cows or cats.
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
It would be OK if the copied Lineol Very Happy

cheers

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:32 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

A very nice idea for a brand that has its own space in the market and a risk of failure to a new brand!
Schleich already made 10 buffalos and bisons and all are dead but not lying!:)
To understand the the phenomenon of the plastic toys world we need to think like a brand and not like a collector!
Who wants a lying buffalo? Some collectors! Who wants a ordinary buffalo? Many !collectors and children! Show something different is not always the best option. But CollectA did it with its striking buffalo
How many years waste Schleich to show the first lying figure??? Schleich made 6 lions and none lying!
Now see CollectA: a Lippizaner foal, a lamb, a Highland calf, lion-family, tiger-cub, 7 puppies and 2 cats!
...and Papo??? What a Face

Ask Schleich to do it!

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 am

Roger,
Yes, many collectors and kids want an ordinary figure(standing for example),
but the fact is they do make some figures slightly different, so
they must want a little to cater to hardcore collectors.
I also believe there is a little copycatting between companies.
Since I'm not a Schleich collector, respectfully, I wouldn't ask them.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 pm

New brand? More giraffes for me? i don´t have a problem cheers cheers cheers bounce bounce bounce

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:53 am

Reticulated, Masai or Baringo?
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Reticulated, Masai or Baringo?

I love all of them but mostly reticulated :) their faces are so cute :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi, I just got back an email from the people who have started Mojo. They seem to be very good and quickly got back with me. So far they have two confirmed distrubtors. The products are available already in Australia. They will be available in the USA toward the end of April.

Australia site is www.edex.com.au

US will be www.endlessgames.com. This is the old Collecta brand carrier in the USA. The brand will also be available at a specialty retailer at the end of July.

They will also be available in the other countries listed such as Germany, Turkey, etc. soon. You can email them at fun@mojofun.eu if you have questions about your area of the world.

Hope this info is helpful to you. Happy Collecting!!! Larry
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:20 pm

remrock02 wrote:
Hi, I just got back an email from the people who have started Mojo. They seem to be very good and quickly got back with me. So far they have two confirmed distrubtors. The products are available already in Australia. They will be available in the USA toward the end of April.

Australia site is www.edex.com.au

US will be www.endlessgames.com. This is the old Collecta brand carrier in the USA. The brand will also be available at a specialty retailer at the end of July.

They will also be available in the other countries listed such as Germany, Turkey, etc. soon. You can email them at fun@mojofun.eu if you have questions about your area of the world.

Hope this info is helpful to you. Happy Collecting!!! Larry
Thanks for the info Larry!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Brand   A New Brand - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Brand
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next