Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My collection!

Go down 
+9
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Tarunyada
Bloodrayne
NightLioness
FluffySlipers
Wilorvise
Roger
LeeAnn
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Iuri97

Iuri97

Country/State : Portugal

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:32 pm

So, I have decided to start sharing my collection with all of you! Every time I get a new figure, I will update this topic.

As I said before, I mostly collect Schleich dinosaurs and Schleich fantasy figures, but I do get an animal occasionally. I still have a small collection, and not a bookcase to keep them (yet!), but I am proud of it! And this is only the beginning!

In my mind, all of the creatures in my collection live in an alternate world to ours, where extinctions never took place. Dinosaurs, modern-day and prehistoric animals, mythical creatures... all live together in a secluded land and in an ecossystem. I know such a thing is not possible but hey, makes for some good writing material! Very Happy So, here it is...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Griffin rider! A very cool set. The main star is, of course, the griffin, but the knight is cool too. In my version, the griffin is a female named Narivya. (As a side note... yeah, the knight is supposed to have a weapon on his hand but somebody apparently sole it back at the store  Rolling Eyes )

The Dragon Hunter! A very original design, with some cool colours. It has an articulated jaw.

The Dragon Fighter! A classic design that reminds me of a Wyvern. It too can move it´s jaw. One of my personal favourites of this line.

The Dragon Battering Ram! VERY original design. Seriously, a bighorn sheep-dragon?! This guy scores highly on new dragon designs for me. It can move it´s wings.

The Dragon Warrior! A classic dragon design, but very well-made nonetheless! It has an articulated jaw.

The Dragon Flyer! This one is, like the Fighter, apparently based on a Wyvern. I love it´s bird-like beak! This one doesn´t have moveable parts and is cheaper as a result.

All of my legendary beasts together.  Smile

The 2012 Schleich Velociraptor...

... and the T.Rex from the same year.

This ones are older! Here I have the older Spinosaurus from the now discontinued "Replica Saurus" line, the little green Velociraptor and the Quetzalcoatlus. Each one of these is discontinued now. The Quetzalcoatlus is from 2000 and the Spinosaurus is from 2007.

This is a truly old gem! The 1997 Edmontosaurus model! This one came in the year I was born... and I remember always having it with me. My parents must have bought it at some point, but I for the life of me can´t remember if I was with them.

The also discontinued models of the prehistoric mammals. These are the Smilodon, the Macrauchenia and the Cave Bear.

That is all, for now! By the way, if there is something wrong with the photos, do tell me, please!  Very Happy

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"

Last edited by Iuri97 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:36 pm

Lovely collection cheers

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:45 pm

Thank you, LeeAnn! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 9:20 am

Nice collection

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 10:55 am

That's very interesting and immaginative that you create your own world with all these figures! Also, it is great to see that edmontosaurus, a friend of ever and forever. Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Nice collection

FluffySlipers

Country/State : Wiltshire,

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Stunning collection, I love the fantasy animals and they actually work very well with the extinct animals Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Thank you, everyone! Very Happy I will be updating the topic soon as I have got a few new arrivals. After I get the next one I have in mind, I will post their pictures. Wink

Roger wrote:
That's very interesting and immaginative that you create your own world with all these figures! Also, it is great to see that edmontosaurus, a friend of ever and forever. Very Happy

Indeed, Roger! That figure is very special to me. I remember being very young and play around with it. Usually it served as the prey for my carnivores.  Laughing And like I said, imagining all these creatures living together (and probably not getting along that well, competition for prey and all that) makes for some good writing material!  Very Happy

FluffySlipers wrote:
Stunning collection, I love the fantasy animals and they actually work very well with the extinct animals Very Happy

That´s what I thought when I first saw the dragons, FluffySlipers! They don´t look out of place in a prehistoric environment at all! Put together, they can make some good dioramas. The Dragon Hunter in particular looks a LOT like an actual predator from those times. Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:33 pm

It is a joy to see those dragons, - if I was 45 years younger I would surely collect them too alien
As it is now, my house is filled with so much else, I HAVE to be strong and try not to look too much at all the fantastic dragons Rolling Eyes

Your dinos a beautyful too ! I have a weak spot for that Quetzalcoatlus, - and, of course the edmontosaurus is a true gem Applause

Iuri97

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:06 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
It is a joy to see those dragons, - if I was 45 years younger I would surely collect them too alien
As it is now, my house is filled with so much else, I HAVE to be strong and try not to look too much at all the fantastic dragons  Rolling Eyes

Your dinos a beautyful too ! I have a weak spot for that Quetzalcoatlus, - and, of course the edmontosaurus is a true gem Applause

Thank you, SUSANNE. Very Happy I am starting to get out of space too, I need to buy a bookcase ASAP. That being said, though, the dragons aren´t actually that big (certainly not as big as the older dragon models from Schleich). The griffin and most of the dinosaurs outsize them.

They´re still fairly big figures but don´t take that much space. The ones that demand more space are the Flyer and the Fighter and that is mostly because they have their wings spread out. If you can ever find more space, I definitely recommend them. The collector´s market needed some new dragon designs IMO. Smile

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 2:21 pm

So, as I said, here are the pictures of the new figures I got! While the new 2016 figures don´t arrive to my local stores, I decided to save up and slowly "hunt down" a few other figures. Wink

This is the latest Spinosaurus model Schleich made. And the best one, if you ask me! Although it´s a smaller figure, it´s a big improvement over their previous Spinosaurus models from 2007 and 2011. I particularly like it´s position. It could make some good dioramas! Is it getting ready for a fight, or defending it´s prey from scavengers? Very Happy

This is the bigger Velociraptor model. Curiously enough, it has a very similar paint job to the little one I have shown you before. It´s quite a big figure, and I think it goes nicely with the 2012 one! They are a male and a female pair to me, the green one being the big, dominant female. What is this lovely couple doing? Searching for a snack, more than likely...

... but unless they are REALLY hungry or have more pack members as back-up, they probably would stay away from this fearsome creature! This is Schleich´s Pentaceratops model. A great one, at that. It´s always good to see more obscure dinosaurs being made into figures. I love this figure´s color. It could serve as a warning to carnivores. Although not the biggest dinosaur, it certainly looks very agressive. And those horns? Not even the biggest of all predators could avoid being injured by them!

This is the Apatosaurus model. It was discontinued this year so I had to buy it before it disappears from stores (if anyone reading this topic is interested on this model, I recommend you pick it up while it still is available in retail). Compared to the Pentaceratops, this herbivore sure looks friendly and docile! And while it probably is docile most of the time, it still is bulky and has a whip-tail, so no carnivore can attack it too carelessly.

And now for some modern-day animals! This are the praying mantis, the grasshopper, the caterpillar and the spider from Safari. I found these little guys being sold separately for 50 cents each. The entire collection of the Safari bugs is apparently not available here in Portugal. I am hunting down the other models, though. Especially one in particular I hope to get soon...
It was a pleasant surprise to see these beauties being sold! If this "world" of mine has dragons and dinosaurs living together, what was missing? Big creepy-crawlies, of course! Compared to the dinosaurs these figures are large, so maybe they are giant species? Wink

The praying mantis got it´s arms and legs a bit bent because of the position it was in at the store. But it´s still in good condition otherwise! I love these guys. VERY detailed for smaller figures! And it´s great to finally have Safari among my collection! Also, the caterpillar has an absolutely adorable appearance.  Smile

For now, that is all! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Congrats, great models Very Happy

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 4:16 pm

LeeAnn wrote:

Thank you, LeeAnn! That reminds me, I´ve been meaning to thank you for something: your tutorial on how to upload pictures from Photobucket to the forum! Without it I would still be struggling to post photos here. Thank you! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 5:21 pm

That is surely a bargain !!! The toob is app 12 Euros, and it containg many doubles, - there are 14 different ones Very Happy

For those who do not know this Toob, HERE is a picture alien

Iuri97

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 5:55 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
That is surely a bargain !!! The toob is app 12 Euros, and it containg many doubles, - there are 14 different ones Very Happy

For those who do not know this Toob, HERE is a picture alien

It was cheaper indeed, SUSANNE, but I think I would rather have paid that price and get a toob with all of them at once. Especially that centipede! I have been searching for a centipede (my favourite arthropod) for a very long time now, and I haven´t found any models of it. That is, in fact, the creature I want the most right now. These guys got a strange release here in Portugal... Safari figures here are VERY rare, and these little guys were not sold in the toob but separately and on plastic bags, under the name "BioExplorer: Insects". And the ant, scorpion, cockroach, ladybug, bee and fly are not among the available models, I think...

Weird release, for sure Surprised ... although the style of the bugs looked very familiar I didn´t actually recognize them as Safari figures until I saw the company´s name written below the grasshopper and the praying mantis.

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 6:25 pm

Iuri97 wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:

Thank you, LeeAnn! That reminds me, I´ve been meaning to thank you for something: your tutorial on how to upload pictures from Photobucket to the forum! Without it I would still be struggling to post photos here. Thank you! Very Happy

Aww that's very sweet of you, glad I could help! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Iuri97 wrote:

Hear ! Hear ! bounce bounce Applause

Hurraaay for LeeAnn cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 11:27 am

Iuri, I am glad your edmontosaurus friend survived all these years being constantly preyed. Laughing
May I ask you where did you find these Safari? Not easy to find Safari figures in Portugal indeed and these are sold with a different branding and packaging what turns it more interesting.
Congratulations for your new figures, centipeds are wonderful creatures, I am sure, that just like me, you would love to get the huge Giant centiped from Safari Smythsonian collection.
Unfortunately it is a rare and expensive figure, though, it won't be hard to find the new Schleich Death Valley set that has a centiped on it. :)

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 2:55 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Aww that's very sweet of you, glad I could help! Very Happy

You´re very welcome, LeeAnn. You truly helped a lot!  Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Iuri, I am glad your edmontosaurus friend survived all these years being constantly preyed. Laughing
May I ask you where did you find these Safari? Not easy to find Safari figures in Portugal indeed and these are sold with a different branding and packaging what turns it more interesting.
Congratulations for your new figures, centipeds are wonderful creatures, I am sure, that just like me, you would love to get the huge Giant centiped from Safari Smythsonian collection.
Unfortunately it is a rare and expensive figure, though, it won't be hard to find the new Schleich Death Valley set that has a centiped on it. :)

That figure is a survivor indeed, Roger! Laughing
I got the Safari figures on a Imaginarium store. Do you know them? They can be found in most shopping malls. Imaginarium always sells Schleich figures but not Safari ones, so it was all the more surprising! The only other time I saw Safari figures in Portugal was at a zoo´s souvenir shop. But I SWEAR, I have seen those toobs before... BUT WHERE?! I can´t remember... maybe it was at that zoo as well. scratch If only I could get the toob of the insects and the poisonous creatures. These little figures are incredible.

You will find these little guys in the Imaginarium store, sold separately and in a box that is similar to a cube. They may be in plastic bags or not, it depends on the store. They apparently also sell the "Glow In The Dark Bugs", even though I´ve never seen them.

Indeed, that large centipede figure is just incredible. I´m not likely to ever find it, though. However, I am VERY interested in the Death Valley Set, and not just because of the centipede, the scorpion is a sweet little figure too. Again, though, I´ve never seen it. Can I ask you if you have ever seen that set for sale in a store? Like a Toys´R´Us?  Smile

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Iuri97 wrote:
Roger wrote:

That figure is a survivor indeed, Roger! Laughing
I got the Safari figures on a Imaginarium store. Do you know them? They can be found in most shopping malls. Imaginarium always sells Schleich figures but not Safari ones, so it was all the more surprising! The only other time I saw Safari figures in Portugal was at a zoo´s souvenir shop. But I SWEAR, I have seen those toobs before... BUT WHERE?! I can´t remember... maybe it was at that zoo as well. scratch If only I could get the toob of the insects and the poisonous creatures. These little figures are incredible.

You will find these little guys in the Imaginarium store, sold separately and in a box that is similar to a cube. They may be in plastic bags or not, it depends on the store. They apparently also sell the "Glow In The Dark Bugs", even though I´ve never seen them.

Indeed, that large centipede figure is just incredible. I´m not likely to ever find it, though. However, I am VERY interested in the Death Valley Set, and not just because of the centipede, the scorpion is a sweet little figure too. Again, though, I´ve never seen it. Can I ask you if you have ever seen that set for sale in a store? Like a Toys´R´Us?  Smile

Yes, I know Imaginarium perfectly, there are shops everywhere. It also explains the fact that they're using Safari figures, they use to "rebrand" some of their products. It is surprising anyway, they use to carry a big selection of Schleich and I never noticed these tube figures from Safari. I need to check it next time I visit an Imaginarium.
I have found some rare Safari figures in a shop at Amoreiras Shopping Center, that shop moved to Alameda later and I suspect it doesn't exist anymore. They had some Incredible Creatures, Wings of the World and rare sets of North American animals. Eurekakids also carries a small selection of Safari figures, shops can be found in Portimão, but it is often closed and also at Forum Barreiro. Oceanário shop also has some Safari Sea Life figures together with other brands.
I haven't seen yet the Death Valley set and I was recently at PresseLinha (Vasco da Gama) shop, they use to carry entire Schleich range and I remember seeing new figures there at middle January on previous years. I believe they will get these sets later on yar. It goes already a long time since I visited Toys'r'Us for the last time, I remember seeing lots of Schleich there. If I find that set in a local shop, I'll tell you. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 4:01 pm

You can also get the Safari TOOB centipede at Sandspielfiguren Very Happy

Iuri97

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, I know Imaginarium perfectly, there are shops everywhere. It also explains the fact that they're using Safari figures, they use to "rebrand" some of their products. It is surprising anyway, they use to carry a big selection of Schleich and I never noticed these tube figures from Safari. I need to check it next time I visit an Imaginarium.
I have found some rare Safari figures in a shop at Amoreiras Shopping Center, that shop moved to Alameda later and I suspect it doesn't exist anymore. They had some Incredible Creatures, Wings of the World and rare sets of North American animals. Eurekakids also carries a small selection of Safari figures, shops can be found in Portimão, but it is often closed and also at Forum Barreiro. Oceanário shop also has some Safari Sea Life figures together with other brands.
I haven't seen yet the Death Valley set and I was recently at PresseLinha (Vasco da Gama) shop, they use to carry entire Schleich range and I remember seeing new figures there at middle January on previous years. I believe they will get these sets later on yar. It goes already a long time since I visited Toys'r'Us for the last time, I remember seeing lots of Schleich there. If I find that set in a local shop, I'll tell you. Very Happy

Thank you, Roger!  Very Happy  Well, going to Portimão is, unfortunately, not possible for me at the moment. You mean the Vasco da Gama Shopping Centre, yes? Both that one and Forum Barreiro are fairly close to me, so maybe I´ll go pay them a visit! The only Toys´R´Us I visit most frequently is the one in Forum Almada, and that one is not selling much of Schleich´s acessories at the moment. If I can find the time, maybe I´ll go to the one in Colombo. That one is bigger, so maybe there is a chance. Oh, I forgot to tell you last time: the entire range of Safari toob insects on Imaginarium is apparently the mantis, grasshopper, spider, caterpillar, blue butterfly, red butterfly and ladybug. Other than the "Glow In The Dark" insects, which apparently have ALL the toob insect figures. But, again, that one I never saw. Good luck finding them!  Wink

SUSANNE wrote:
You can also get the Safari TOOB centipede at Sandspielfiguren Very Happy

Thank you for letting me know, SUSANNE! I don´t have much experience in buying online, but if I cannot find any more models, I´ll give it a try!  Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks for telling the complete list, Iuri! Very Happy
Yes, I mean Vasco da Gama at Parque das Nações, you can find there, on top floor, the same as the food area but at the opposite end, a tabacaria Presse-Linha, figures are displayed in their vitrine directly to the corridor. If you can go there easily, there's also a Imaginarium shop at the bottom floor in the same corridor as SportZone. On central corridor, close to Vodafone shop, you can see also a little stand with some Mojö Fun/Animal Planet figures and some Maia & Borges. As you know, Oceanário is also not far and you can find there several figures from Safari, Wild Republic, Schleich, etc. Very Happy

Iuri97

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Hello again, everyone! I have got a few more models. I got these last Sunday. Very Happy

This is the Schleich Dimetrodon! I must say, I like this figure a lot! Both it´s position and paint job are great in my opinion. Plus, it´s good to see that Schleich has started to include non-dinosaur species in their prehistoric line (we will also get a Dunkleosteus this Summer!). I hope they keep this up!

And here are more creepy-crawlies! This are Safari´s scorpion, dragonfly and ant, all part of the "Glow-In-The-Dark" line. Remember me saying I got my previous Safari models separately for 50 cents each? Well, this is the same deal, at the same store, only now they are carrying more models! They also had the "Glow-In-The-Dark" ladybug, spider, mantis, caterpillar, housefly and cockroach. Next time I visit the store, I may get more if they are still being sold! Smile

According to the clerk I spoke to, these are new arrivals. I hope that, in the future, the store starts selling more of Safari´s toob figures. They are beautiful and obscure species you don´t commonly see being sold. If they start selling creatures like the ones from the "Venomous Creatures" toob, I would loose my mind! Very Happy

As their name suggests, these little guys do glow when the lights are out. A cool effect, no doubt. And of course, just the fact that I now have some more arthropods for my collection. Smile

For now, that is all! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Iuri, thanks to you I also got 5 of the 6 insects you mentioned before. Only the ladybug was missing in the Imaginairum shop I visited. I am glad they're acquiring more and I think your wish is great. Though, I think their choice for insects is to fit with some scientific toys they sell like little microscopes and things like that. So, they may continue with crawlies.
Congratulations for your new acquisitions, dimetrodon is a very interesting release from Schleich indeed. :)

My collection! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection!   My collection! Empty

Back to top Go down

My collection!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next