Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)

Go down 
+23
pm64
whitestones
Saarlooswolfhound
SchleichWildlife
under-water
MARTINLATIN
SUSANNE
Takama
Roger
Tarunyada
xacaxa
Silver Unicornis
NightLioness
lucky luke
onatello
FluffySlipers
bojan
LittleLady
Tupolew Tu-154
Sergey
SeanieP
LeeAnn
Numa
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
under-water

under-water

Country/State : Greece

Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks for the photos Numaan! The new boxes look childish but I can't wait to get their content Very Happy The spotted wobbegong is indeed back! They didn't have the new guitarfish, right?
Back to top Go down
SchleichWildlife

SchleichWildlife

Country/State : New Zealand

Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the photos!! The oryx looks better in your photos than in Schleich's photos Razz I can't wait to get it. I have just purchased the watering hole and it is amazing so the river and waterfall will be great to add on with. I also think the pangolin is a very nice model, same with the leopard. And I agree that the packaging does not look as smart as the old packaging and more childish, but at least the models are still amazing and look to be great quality. I'm actually a little bit disapointed that schleich isn't releasing a wildlife advent calendar this year because it would be possible now there are many small wildlife accessories that could easily be made into a set. I think someone might need to email Schleich about possibly doing this next year... Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:46 am

Thank you so much for the photos! There are several models that to me look better than their released photos, and its great to see the pangolin, leopard, and oryx in better light.

Karin, if I'm looking at the right picture, I think that is the new Andalusian mare, she looks paler due to the lighting I think.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
whitestones

whitestones

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Great Photos - Thanks for sharing cheers

Is it me or did someone put the saddle on backwards scratch Rolling Eyes No
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 pm

whitestones wrote:
Is it me or did someone put the saddle on backwards scratch Rolling Eyes No

Shocked Shocked Shocked It sure looks like it Laughing Schleich, you had ONE job!!!!! Laughing tongue

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:35 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
I tend to assume "current" Schleich as a new brand using the same old name. It helps me being more receptive to new concepts and strategy of the company. When I started collecting, Schleich was a widely available brand, very popular but unfortunately, very predictable. The same boring figures and rarely something new and exciting. OK, many were really good, especially cattle and horses but I don't have these as my main collecting subject.
Now, with "new" Schleich, probably very disappointing to the most faithful collectors, I can see, among some failed atempts, some really good things, this pangolin, being or not as good as "my" pangolin, is a very exciting release and something that I never expected from the company. It, perhaps coincidentally, was released a short time after Mojö's pangolin and we are lucky enough to have two pangolin species in a short time.
Honestly, the new cheetah that I don't own yet, seems to be the best Schleich cheetah to the date. We have now serious looking crocodiles, not the jokes from early years, we have good tigers and some other surprises like their first ever flamingo, a renewed oryx, etc. If it serves as reference, I plan to buy more Schleich this year than in previous years. They are loosing in terms of quality and consistency but they're winning in unpredictability. Very Happy
Thanks again for your effort uploading all these interesting photos. Very Happy

Roger, you are the wisest crocodile ever cheers Crocodile

Thankyou for sharing these thoughts !

I have been kind of sad, because the old Schleich has changed...but you now open my eyes to a new and positive way to look at it Very Happy Applause Applause

Yes Susanne is right, thank you Roger ...I do think the same

NUMAAN : thank you for being our eyes at the London fair each year I love you and for sharing your marvelos photos and information

PS : i must anyway have missed something.....Schleich is releasing a sauropod ???? What is it??? Does someone have the answer? Welll I shall check in the Schleich 2016 news, for sure I ll find an answer(??
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:58 pm

I am probs getting the watering hole with the white lions for my birthday!!!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:02 pm

pm64 wrote:
PS : i must anyway have missed something.....Schleich is releasing a sauropod ???? What is it??? Does someone have the answer? Welll I shall check in the Schleich 2016 news, for sure I ll find an answer(??

Paolo and Susanne, first of all thanks for your kind words! Very Happy Very Happy
Schleich is releasing a very nice and quite surprising sauropod, namely a barapasaurus. You don't need to check all the list, just check it below. Very Happy

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Roger wrote:
pm64 wrote:

Paolo and Susanne, first of all thanks for your kind words! Very Happy Very Happy
Schleich is releasing a very nice and quite surprising sauropod, namely a barapasaurus. You don't need to check all the list, just check it below. Very Happy

Oh Roger what a service !! cheers cheers :cheers:thank you !! Gosh...never HEARD of the real sauropod as well !! I have to check on wikipedia.......unless you, Roger, have the answer ready Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:08 pm

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Just read thiss whole topic.
MADE my day... Not beause op de great pitures and stuff but beause of all te comments.
Really rofl - ing here XD.
i think i will by i few... not ssure when...
i will whaite for more horse! there still have to be 2 more in my opinion...
Thankss for sharing again Very Happy

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 10:41 pm

The packaging does look a lot more cheaper, the overall quality of the models even, are going down... Sad That's why I don't collect new Schleich anymore, just the old models. I would rather look at one of my models which i make and custumize by myself using clay, epoxy etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)   Fair - Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich @ The London Toy Fair January 2016 (Gemsbok & Pangolin Photo's included!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2