Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)

Go down 
+9
Florian
widukind
NightLioness
Viking Spawn
costicuba
Roger
LukaLeon085
Anne from Norway
SUSANNE
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) Empty
PostSubject: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Spiders are fascinating creatures, but if it wasn't for Bullyland, we wouldn't see many models of them.
Safari has made a couple, and S&N too.
And now Papo has launched a most wonderful, detailed, beautyful one. I still have to find out what species she is...or perhaps somebody knows already ?  study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here she is compared to the Huntsman spider from S&N, just in order to show the size :

Some pictures of her upper side and face :

Look at all the details on the legs...ok, I didn't manage to make the pictures too sharp  Embarassed  Laughing

The model is so full of detail, - here the place of spinneret glands  Very Happy

The underside is just as neatly made Very Happy

The joints of the exoskeleton  Razz

:lol:I hope nobody ran screeming out of their home ? Laughing Laughing

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:30 pm

A must have for sure! Thanks for the presentation!
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Wow, congratulation Susan ! I love you

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Accurate or not I can't tell! Even if it is completely wrong, what I think may not be, it is a piece of Art! Shocked It has an incredible level of detail and I love it! cheers
Species is Lycosa tarantula, European wolf spider, according with Blaine that is an expert about this subject. Very Happy
Thanks a lot for your great pictures that show how detailed it is. Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 12:45 am

Oh, yes ! Love it !
Great details masterly shown with these great walkaround. Thank you Susanne :)
And thank you Roger for the species info :)

Viking Spawn

Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 1:59 am

Yikes!!!!  That thing is hideous!!! Shocked

Job well done Papo!  I thought that thing looks real enough to jump out of the computer at me!

Wonderful photos Susanne!  You really captured its details perfectly!  Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:03 am

Tulla and I are very happy for your kind words  cheers

Roger wrote:
Species is Lycosa tarantula, European wolf spider, according with Blaine that is an expert about this subject. Very Happy

Ahhh, Thankyou, Roger ( and Blaine) cheers

Viking Spawn wrote:
Yikes!!!!  That thing is hideous!!! Shocked ....

Not like a cute, little monitor, is she Laughing Laughing

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:42 am

So real! Amazing! Never though I could be in love at a spider XD
Thank you for this great walkaround cheers And thanks Roger and Blaine for the species Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Interesting figurine :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 7:32 am

Amazing one ! Congrats Susanne :)

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 5:40 pm

I'm not overly fond of spiders (actually, I don't like them at all xD), but I must say: what a beauty. It's so well detailed Shocked I'd never imagined that a brand could make such a beautiful spider! Very well done, Papo! cheers

The Papo guide only says the spider is a Tarantula, but if Blaine's the expert, I totally believe him! ^^

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
xacaxa

xacaxa

Country/State : CÁDIZ

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 7:12 pm

What an amazing sculpture! I love it!! Thanks for the great walkaraund, Susanne!!
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Spiders are fascinating creatures. I think I must have this one. (My first spider. cheers )

Thanks for beautiful pictures, Susanne, and thank you for the specie identification, Roger (and Blaine).

It is allwais something new to learn. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Congratulation Susanne and thank you for the nice portrait of the beast Applause It is indeed a very detailed and "charming" model Very Happy

Tarunyada wrote:
I'm not overly fond of spiders (actually, I don't like them at all xD), but I must say: what a beauty. It's so well detailed Shocked I'd never imagined that a brand could make such a beautiful spider! Very well done, Papo! cheers

The Papo guide only says the spider is a Tarantula, but if Blaine's the expert, I totally believe him! ^^

Blaine is right of course. The mistake came from the translation. The French name for the European wolf spider (Lycosa tarantula) is the Tarentule.

In English the spiders from the Mygalomorphae family are called Tarentula. They are called Mygale in French. I hope it helped Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Susanne and thank you for the nice portrait of the beast  Applause  It is indeed a very detailed and "charming" model  Very Happy

Tarunyada wrote:

Blaine is right of course. The mistake came from the translation. The French name for the European wolf spider (Lycosa tarantula) is the Tarentule.

In English the spiders from the Mygalomorphae family are called Tarentula. They are called Mygale in French. I hope it helped Wink

Thankyou very much for solving this for us, Christophe. Very interesting ! cheers
Papo does sometimes have a problem with translation Laughing

In Danish it is "Jagtedderkop" - Hunting spider .

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 5:17 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Susanne and thank you for the nice portrait of the beast  Applause  It is indeed a very detailed and "charming" model  Very Happy

Tarunyada wrote:

Thankyou very much for solving this for us, Christophe. Very interesting ! cheers
Papo does sometimes have a problem with translation Laughing

In Danish it is "Jagtedderkop" - Hunting spider .

It is more complex than we think, the name tarantula was used originally to that species that Papo replicated and it is still called tarantula in several languages. In Portuguese, for example, it is called tarântula-do-Mediterrâneo" (Mediterranean tarantula).
Tarantola in Italian (origin of the name), tarentule in French as Kiki said, Tarántula in Spanish, Apulische Tarantel in Deutch, etc.So, when you're referring to a species simply called tarantula, it is the European wolf spider. If you're referring to a group of spiders called tarantulas, so dose are from Theraphosidae family that is not related with the Lycosidae family where Papo tarantula belongs. Spiders from that last family are known as wolf spiders. So, to prevent confusion between tarantula species and tarantula family, the name European wolf spider was favoured to the species in discussion.
The species name of the Papo figure is Lycosa tarantula and it was before placed in a genus called Tarentula, now Lycosa. Wink

Reading below Wikipedia text, it gets clearer:

"The spider originally bearing the name "tarantula" was Lycosa tarantula, a species of wolf spider native to Mediterranean Europe. The name derived from that of the southern Italian town of Taranto. The term "tarantula" subsequently was applied to almost any large, unfamiliar species of ground-dwelling spider, in particular to the Mygalomorphae and especially to the new-world Theraphosidae. Compared to tarantulas, wolf spiders are not particularly large or hairy, so among English speakers in particular, the usage eventually shifted in favour of the Theraphosidae, even though they are barely related to the wolf spiders, being in a different infraorder."

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 am

Very complicated and confusing...but interesting too Shocked study

Thankyou, Roger Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)   The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The tarantula 50190 from Papo 2016 :-)
Page 1 of 1