Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imperial creatures

Go down 
+13
Jill
Burgerenby
pipsxlch
bmathison1972
smilodoncalifornicus
Wilorvise
landrover
Tarunyada
Bowhead Whale
FluffySlipers
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Imperial creatures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:05 am

I could not photograph them standing because the living room window was creating too much light behind them. Yet, I forgot to change the angle when I put them in Photobucket... As for the years of production, the goat says 1986. Unfortunately, the marks on the tiger are so blurry I cannot know the year for sure. Only that it is by Imperial and made in China.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:23 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I could not photograph them standing because the living room window was creating too much light behind them. Yet, I forgot to change the angle when I put them in Photobucket... As for the years of production, the goat says 1986. Unfortunately, the marks on the tiger are so blurry I cannot know the year for sure. Only that it is by Imperial and made in China.

No problem, I could easily rotate these pictures but I decided to let them as they are.
Thanks for goat year, all information is useful once it help us sorting better these collections when lists of figures start getting long.
Could you please check the last starfish in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? It is marked BCLA 1997, when I search for B.C.L.A, I often get results about Imperial dinos. Do you know any link between BCLA and Imperial? Like a Star @ heaven

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 1:44 pm

B.C.L.A. is a corporation that "parents" british manufacturers. Maybe Imperial is part of this corporation, despite the fact the founder was from Central Europe (by the way, if you look to sea star topic again, you will see that I found out the AAA Sea Star is NOT a Common Sea Star, but an Ochre Sea Star, explaining the difference between them).
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 2:50 pm

HEY! Where is the Imperial Frilled lizard? You forgot to put it on TAI... at least, it is not among its toy frilled lizards friends... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
HEY! Where is the Imperial Frilled lizard? You forgot to put it on TAI... at least, it is not among its toy frilled lizards friends... Shocked

My lack of concentration, it is fixed now! Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

My lack of concentration, it is fixed now! Very Happy

Thanks! It would be good if I could find more animals by Imperial in the flea market. I know they made dinosaurs, for example.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
B.C.L.A. is a corporation that "parents" british manufacturers. Maybe Imperial is part of this corporation, despite the fact the founder was from Central Europe (by the way, if you look to sea star topic again, you will see that I found out the AAA Sea Star is NOT a Common Sea Star, but an Ochre Sea Star, explaining the difference between them).

I almost missed this comment, thanks again Valerie! I agree also about the sea star. I spend so many time editing and on forum that I don't research the correct species as deep as I wished. So, it is fantastic to have your help. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

I almost missed this comment, thanks again Valerie! I agree also about the sea star. I spend so many time editing and on forum that I don't research the correct species as deep as I wished. So, it is fantastic to have your help. Very Happy

Thank you once again. Just one catch, though: Valerie Lahaie takes an E in Lahaie. Why? Because, in english, a "haie" is actually a "hedge". So, my name litterally means Valerie "Thehedge".I saw that below many Imperial animals, you forgot the final E...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Thank you once again. Just one catch, though: Valerie Lahaie takes an E in Lahaie. Why? Because, in english, a "haie" is actually a "hedge". So, my name litterally means Valerie "Thehedge".I saw that below many Imperial animals, you forgot the final E...

I am sorry, it is fixed now. Interesting the haie detail, the only person I did know with hedges in her name is the actress Carré Otis. Wink Laughing

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's OK. Anyway, here is my Imperial Brachiosaurus.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:40 am

39th brachiosaurus on TAi, thanks for sharing! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:22 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Roger wrote:

Personnally, I find it sad to see that there are animals that are barely represented as toys (or not represented at all), while others have been represented several and several times. I find it rather unfair, actually...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Personnally, I find it sad to see that there are animals that are barely represented as toys (or not represented at all), while others have been represented several and several times. I find it rather unfair, actually...

Things are much better now, we are, since some years ago, presented with lots of different species from Japanese and major companies. There was also a good periode during the last years of previous century, especially with North American brands and before it... Starlux! cheers Nevertheless, top sellers won't stop being massively released, despite the diversied CollectA dinos range, they make lots of T-rex figures. A good selling figure allows the release of less commercial figures. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Anyway, here is my Imperial Manta Ray. This one is unique, since it has been released in the 2000's.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 6:39 pm

That's my new sport, to count figures. Laughing 16th manta ray at the Wiki. Unusual color indeed. Shocked

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:21 am

Interesting manta

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:53 pm

The Ray Manta, like 2000's other Imperial toys, actually is a rubber bean bag; Imperial toys produced in the 1980's were made of more rigid latex, even sometimes hard plastic.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:40 pm

And here is an Imperial Dog.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Thanks Valerie, dog is on TAi now. If you know year please let me know. I also need help with breed, so, if someone knkows... Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Nice dog

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Valerie, dog is on TAi now. If you know year please let me know. I also need help with breed, so, if someone knkows... Very Happy

It seems to be a St-Bernard. I made a little research a few minutes ago and I found out it is from a line called "Dog Show", released in 1974. That line also included a Boxer, a German Shepherd and a Collie. I don't know if it included more breeds, though.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Anyway, here is my Imperial Sea Turtle. I believe it represents a Caretta caretta.

I also took profit of the occasion to photograph Imperial logos, old one (Fred Kurt's living era) and new one (since Kurt's death, in 2003). The old one, on green, was photographed on the turtle's belly, while the new one, on blue, was photographed from my Mata Ray's bottom. See the difference in the crowns and the letters?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Here is my newest Imperial find: IMPERIAL 1977 ANKYLOSAURUS. Doesn't it look funny? This is a perfect example of the evolution of dinosaur toy manufacturing, the oldest ones representing them simply as "scary lizards", becoming closer and closer to reality with the epoch of manufacturing. 1985 Imperial dinosaurs were a lot more realistic than the ones made in 1977, 1978 and 1979, and the ones made in 1989 are even better done than the ones released in 1985.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Yes, that's a quite unusual looking ankylosaurus, I think one of the big interests of the dino collecting hobby is to see how representations of prehistoric animals change during the years, for manufacutring design and also for popular and scientific perception of these creatures. Congratulations for your new find. I added it to TAi, 27th ankylosaurus. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperial creatures
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next