Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My drawings of fav actors

Go down 
+5
Jetty
Kikimalou
WhiteLightning Wolf
Roger
SUSANNE
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

My drawings of fav actors Empty
PostSubject: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At home, I do a lot of drawing. What do I draw, exactly? Most of the time, I draw men I like from TV. Here are a few drawings I made of actor Jack Elam.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:19 pm

And here are a few drawings I made of Charles Bronson.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Wonderful drawings of two very ugly men cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:49 pm

lol! A villain and a man of few words! I thought I remember them from classic Westerns, my Father in law was addicted in this kind of movies and I often remember remotely the bad guys! :) I never enjoyed Westerns to be honest. Very Happy
Though, these two have a very charismatic looking and you performed a fabulous work with your renditions!
Those are also great tributes once, according with Wikipedia, they're already gone. Sad

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:05 am

Beautiful artwork! Your skills are outstanding!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 9:01 am

Beautiful artwork Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Seeing Bronson on the last photo ..... Argh... I instant got the tune from the mondharmonica in my head..., well drawn!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 pm

And here is Robert Ryan. Suzanne, you said they were "two ugle men"...do you mean by that that I have no taste? silent I always thought of them of being magnificient...

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Seriously, Suzanne? You think Jack Elam is ugly? silent

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 3:43 pm

Fantastic the way you work with light, details, expression, etc.
You and Susanne are remembering my school time when two girls had completely oposite opinions about the same boy. Laughing Wink

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 6:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Fantastic the way you work with light, details, expression, etc.
You and Susanne are remembering my school time when two girls had completely oposite opinions about the same boy. Laughing Wink

Thank you for your compliment. I hope suzanne doesn't think Robert Ryan is ugly... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:14 pm

What does Suzanne think of Jeremy Brett?

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:35 pm

And about Burt Lancaster?

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:18 pm

I like the elephants and the feline :)

But can you please stop thinking about what Susanne things of the guys in real life?
(No offense, but it is getting weird...)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:59 pm

NightLioness wrote:

But can you please stop thinking about what Susanne things of the guys in real life?

I was not serious!Only, I felt kind of sad to think I was the only one to like them. affraid Anyway, the feline you see in the last drawing is a clouded leopard.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:26 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

I was not serious!Only, I felt kind of sad to think I was the only one to like them. affraid Anyway, the feline you see in the last drawing is a clouded leopard.

You're not serious again, what about the Bon Jovi story? tongue Wink
Burt Lancasterwas a great lloking guy in the most common sense. But, what is relevant here is your talent. Very Happy
A big clouded leopard, you must get the Mojö one and use your brushes to repaint it. Very Happy elephant

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

You're not serious again, what about the Bon Jovi story? tongue Wink
Burt Lancasterwas a great lloking guy in the most common sense. But, what is relevant here is your talent. Very Happy
A big clouded leopard, you must get the Mojö one and use your brushes to repaint it. Very Happy elephant

You are absolutely right about the Bon Jovi story. Even though Iwas not serious towards Suzanne, the jokes we make always have a link with what we really think: I often have the feeling that people around me think I have no taste, and it ends in me doubting about myself. Medias say Jack Elam was ugly, while I find him magnificient(at least, in his youth), as an example. As for the clouded leopard, I made it too big? I did not know. However, since these are drawings made with color pencils on paper and not paintings, I cannot redo it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 1:31 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

You are absolutely right about the Bon Jovi story. Even though Iwas not serious towards Suzanne, the jokes we make always have a link with what we really think: I often have the feeling that people around me think I have no taste, and it ends in me doubting about myself. Medias say Jack Elam was ugly, while I find him magnificient(at least, in his youth), as an example. As for the clouded leopard, I made it too big? I did not know. However, since these are drawings made with color pencils on paper and not paintings, I cannot redo it.

I think you shouldn't worry too much with what others think about your taste as you firmely defended in your Bon Jovi post. If you think that others taste doesn't match exactly with yours, it means exactly that you have your own taste and it is not just a copy from others tastes that tend to converge for social convenience. I have my own taste, Susanne has her own taste, you have your own taste, it is how things should work and we all learn how to live confortably with our personal preferences... though, that's a very complex question to discuss here. in all languages we say that tastes shouldn't be discussed, so what more to say?
About your clouded leopard, I never intended to make you change something that is so beautiful and correctly done. It is on foreground and naturally the perspective make it look bigger than it is. So you managed it correctly. It is a fact that a clouded leopard is 50 to 55 cm tall at shoulders and this is a 1,88 m man, though, everything looks in good harmony to me. Please be confident of your talent, it is indisputable. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:28 pm

Thank you for your encouragement. I am still learning to feel good about myself, actually. Since I suffered a lot of bullying in my youth, it is not always easy to heal from it. Anyway, I made more drawings that included both men and animals. From top to bottom: Gleen Tipton (Judas Priest) with a Harpy Eagle, Larry Mullen jr (U2) with a Barn Owl and Burt Lancaster with a Jaguar.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage)
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:05 pm

I really like the combo of both men and animals in your drawings.
It gives them some power I can't really describe.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 11:45 pm

I also like the concept and now men from known bands too. Giraffe, jag, owl, harpie, all beautiful! No women? Wink

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:44 pm

Roger wrote:
I also like the concept and now men from known bands too. Giraffe, jag, owl, harpie, all beautiful! No women? Wink
Nope! Just men. And not any man: just the most attractive ones. I love you

And here we have Jack Elam with an european Genet and KK Downing (Judas Priest) with a vulture.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:08 am

OK, no women but very nice animals, sky full of raptors and stars, lots of stars... I enjoy to watch through the windows too. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:40 am

Interesting works you show and interesting subjects you talk about here. You seem to be very passionate artist Valerie, you created a lot of works with individual style and vision. Do you frame some of them or they always stay in your drawing book? Smile

If my teachers or professors of history of art would show me these work and ask for interpretation that would be a very interesting task. I would say some of them are fitting into "Surrealism", especially the green picture with Jack Elam with a European Genet, the use of colours and the mystical lighting and the crazy eyes of this animal, it all looks like a surrealistic vision. Actually, excuse me the strange idea but seeing this guy smoking and being in the dreamy surrounding makes  me think he might be smoking weed  Razz . I like the colours in this one, they are fitting the scene well.

I see also very expressive faces of men and very dynamic contrasts of colours, especially the chromatic contrast between green and red. And these features remind me works of German artists from the times of WWII from the movement called New Objectivity, for example, works of Otto Dix ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  ).
I'm not saying you were inspired by these artists but there are some similarities in the atmosphere, colour choices, facial expressions. The atmosphere in some of those work I perceive as the feeling of restlessness, anxiety, maybe agitation or maybe some kind of sorrow.
However in some other of your paintings, I see quite happy feelings and a dreamy surrealism Very Happy
In some way, the faces of men from your works are also similar to people from the drawings of a brilliant artist - Egon Schiele (   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egon_Schiele  )
Again, I'm not saying that I think that was the inspiration source for you, of course, just maybe there are some similarities in your vision of art and theirs. Smile

Another subject you were talking about here was handsomeness or attractiveness of some actors. And here we can only say that taste should not be a matter of discussion and please don't worry if other people don't share your view on attractivity of some actors or musicians Smile
However, knowing our Susanne and the ocean of kindness in her heart I'm absolutely sure she didn't want to say anything wrong and the word "ugly" was used to describe the unusual faces as they might have been perceived and shown in the movies in the pop cultural understanding of "ugliness". As we can read in Wikipedia some of these actors played mainly the roles of villains. It is probable that if we told them "hey, I think you have an ugly face" the answer could be "well, that's the main reason I have my work in the movies industry". That's a possible scenario, what do you think?  There is also a difference between pop cultural understanding of ugliness and the real aversion to someone's look. In a pop culture strongly asymmetrical and unusual faces are often considered ugly but of course not all people will perceive them as ugly. And actually, a lot (and I mean a LOT) of people like to see very unusual faces on the screen and not necessary in a role of villains. We can also say that someone is wonderfully ugly, and that may mean that someone's look, despite being far away from classical beauty, is wonderful and intriguing.

To be honest one of my favourite actors is Klaus Kinski, especially when he played Nosferatu, Fitzcarraldo and Woyzeck. I'm not saying I find him particularly handsome (not classically beautiful) but I think he was an excellent actor, he could play as expressively as no one else and thanks to his unusual face and talent he was unmistakable. Smile I see he also is present in your drawings, and with a vulture, that's an interesting choice.  

My favourites of your works are the green one with European genet and Mr Elam and the one with a Barn Owl and Larry Mullen.

Thank you for showing us your paintings. I think you have created unique series of pictures. Please, don't doubt yourself, you can be proud of what you are doing! cheers Being unique is a reason to be proud not to be sad. Can you imagine the world in which all people are the same and have uniformed tastes and opinions?! pale affraid

And, by the way, it reminded me about one story, maybe you will find it funny. Some time ago (6 months ago?) the riding club owner where I regularly ride bought a new horse - a Brabant Draft mare ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) . I was so delighted and excited when I saw her. Her name is Judith. It also came out that she has absolutely sweet character Very Happy So, I started to talk about this horse with my instructor and his wife and I told them I find this horse absolutely amazing and beautiful. They started to laugh and they told me: yes Judith is sweet and cute but she surely is not fitting into the category "beautiful". I said: "well, for me she's beautiful" and I smiled. Soon after that I sculpted Brabant Draft horse, Judith was an inspiration for me. And now the Brabant draft (Cumulonimbus) is one of my most popular works and so I think many people also see the beauty in the horses similar to Judith. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:13 pm

Ana wrote:
Interesting works you show and interesting subjects you talk about here. You seem to be very passionate artist Valerie, you created a lot of works with individual style and vision. Do you frame some of them or they always stay in your drawing book? Smile

If my teachers or professors of history of art would show me these work and ask for interpretation that would be a very interesting task. I would say some of them are fitting into "Surrealism", especially the green picture with Jack Elam with a European Genet, the use of colours and the mystical lighting and the crazy eyes of this animal, it all looks like a surrealistic vision. Actually, excuse me the strange idea but seeing this guy smoking and being in the dreamy surrounding makes  me think he might be smoking weed  Razz . I like the colours in this one, they are fitting the scene well.

I see also very expressive faces of men and very dynamic contrasts of colours, especially the chromatic contrast between green and red. And these features remind me works of German artists from the times of WWII from the movement called New Objectivity, for example, works of Otto Dix ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  ).
I'm not saying you were inspired by these artists but there are some similarities in the atmosphere, colour choices, facial expressions. The atmosphere in some of those work I perceive as the feeling of restlessness, anxiety, maybe agitation or maybe some kind of sorrow.
However in some other of your paintings, I see quite happy feelings and a dreamy surrealism Very Happy
In some way, the faces of men from your works are also similar to people from the drawings of a brilliant artist - Egon Schiele (   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egon_Schiele  )
Again, I'm not saying that I think that was the inspiration source for you, of course, just maybe there are some similarities in your vision of art and theirs. Smile

Another subject you were talking about here was handsomeness or attractiveness of some actors. And here we can only say that taste should not be a matter of discussion and please don't worry if other people don't share your view on attractivity of some actors or musicians Smile
However, knowing our Susanne and the ocean of kindness in her heart I'm absolutely sure she didn't want to say anything wrong and the word "ugly" was used to describe the unusual faces as they might have been perceived and shown in the movies in the pop cultural understanding of "ugliness". As we can read in Wikipedia some of these actors played mainly the roles of villains. It is probable that if we told them "hey, I think you have an ugly face" the answer could be "well, that's the main reason I have my work in the movies industry". That's a possible scenario, what do you think?  There is also a difference between pop cultural understanding of ugliness and the real aversion to someone's look. In a pop culture strongly asymmetrical and unusual faces are often considered ugly but of course not all people will perceive them as ugly. And actually, a lot (and I mean a LOT) of people like to see very unusual faces on the screen and not necessary in a role of villains. We can also say that someone is wonderfully ugly, and that may mean that someone's look, despite being far away from classical beauty, is wonderful and intriguing.

To be honest one of my favourite actors is Klaus Kinski, especially when he played Nosferatu, Fitzcarraldo and Woyzeck. I'm not saying I find him particularly handsome (not classically beautiful) but I think he was an excellent actor, he could play as expressively as no one else and thanks to his unusual face and talent he was unmistakable. Smile I see he also is present in your drawings, and with a vulture, that's an interesting choice.  

My favourites of your works are the green one with European genet and Mr Elam and the one with a Barn Owl and Larry Mullen.

Thank you for showing us your paintings. I think you have created unique series of pictures. Please, don't doubt yourself, you can be proud of what you are doing! cheers Being unique is a reason to be proud not to be sad. Can you imagine the world in which all people are the same and have uniformed tastes and opinions?! pale affraid

And, by the way, it reminded me about one story, maybe you will find it funny. Some time ago (6 months ago?) the riding club owner where I regularly ride bought a new horse - a Brabant Draft mare ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) . I was so delighted and excited when I saw her. Her name is Judith. It also came out that she has absolutely sweet character Very Happy So, I started to talk about this horse with my instructor and his wife and I told them I find this horse absolutely amazing and beautiful. They started to laugh and they told me: yes Judith is sweet and cute but she surely is not fitting into the category "beautiful". I said: "well, for me she's beautiful" and I smiled. Soon after that I sculpted Brabant Draft horse, Judith was an inspiration for me. And now the Brabant draft (Cumulonimbus) is one of my most popular works and so I think many people also see the beauty in the horses similar to Judith. Very Happy

Wow! Lots of comments, here. By the way, the man with a vulture is NOT Klaus Kinsky, but Judas Priest guitarist KK DOWNING. He left the band not so long ago.
Also, those pictures are NOT paintings, THEY ARE DRAWINGS. They are made with wood color pencils. Only the white stars are made with Lioquid Paper.
And, no, I would never get inspired by Egon Schiele, because I find his works wayyyy too agressive for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of fav actors   My drawings of fav actors Empty

Back to top Go down

My drawings of fav actors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next