Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround

Go down 
+5
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
WhiteLightning Wolf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  Empty
PostSubject: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 5:53 am

I bought this little kitten nearly 8 months ago but never had any idea what brand she was. I purchased her from a seller on eBay in Germany, and the seller did not know what brand she was either. There were no makers marks to be found on this kitten...so she has been a mystery until tonight.

I was sifting through listings on Etsy when I spotted an exact copy of the kitten I had in a listing with other kitten replicas of the same style. The set had a yarn ball theme and two different color variants of each figure. Excited, I read the description to see if the seller had listed what brand these kittens were. I stopped dead when I read they were Kinder Surprise...completely illegal to have in the US not only in their original packaging but also the toys too as I found out later on.

How she got through the border and past Customs officials without being seized and destroyed is beyond me...but I still love her to bits and hope to somehow obtain the others in the set as well. For years, I have wanted to add so many of the Kinder animals to my collection but fear of getting caught trying to smuggle them across the US border and the fine that can be as high as $2500, has kept me from buying them over the internet. But oh the excitement when I realized that for eight months...I actually do have at least one Kinder Surprise in my collection! Here she is in a small walkaround.
kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2021.03.20_zps0nazdmgukinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2021.04.44_zpsarrzhuby
kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2020.55.58_zpsd0neanzgkinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2020.57.38_zpscer2yd66kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2020.59.04_zpshcwkoywbkinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2020.51.38_zps7frhm9uxkinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2021.01.20_zpsayelrizakinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  2016-05-01%2020.53.43_zpsatkmwypi
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:32 am

What a nice kitty, I'm sure cats and pets figurines collectors will be very jealous here. Thank you for this good walkaround Very Happy

I'm not a Cat and pet figurines collector but I really like to see topics about unknown or forgotten toys. Keep up this good work Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 9:10 am

An adoreable kitty cheers
And beautyful walkaround Applause

I am also surprised that she is from a Kinder egg, - but they have had some really fine stff through the years Very Happy

Why on earth are they illegal in USA ???? scratch Shocked

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 9:38 am

Interesting figurine

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks to your introductory text it is easy to understand why figures like these are special for you. Very Happy Thanks for walk around! Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
What a nice kitty, I'm sure cats and pets figurines collectors will be very jealous here. Thank you for this good walkaround  Very Happy

I'm not a Cat and pet figurines collector but I really like to see topics about unknown or forgotten toys. Keep up this good work Wink

Thanks, Kiki! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
An adoreable kitty cheers  
And beautyful walkaround  Applause

I am also surprised that she is from a Kinder egg, - but they have had some really fine stff through the years  Very Happy

Why on earth are they illegal in USA ???? scratch  Shocked

Thank you! Apparently they are banned in the US because a child could mistakenly consume the toy along with the chocolate they come in and the toy itself is considered a choking hazard because of small parts. Those laws are quite dumb if you ask me since there are thousands of toys on the market that are legal but pose just as much of a choking hazard. *shakes head* Crying or Very sad

widukind wrote:
Interesting figurine
Thank you!

Roger wrote:
Thanks to your introductory text it is easy to understand why figures like these are special for you. Very Happy Thanks for walk around! Very Happy
You're welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:16 pm

Kiki is right, I am jealous now! Very Happy
It really is a nice looking kitten <3

Illegal... seriously?! And those weapons you can carry are legal...
Sorry, USA blew my mind again >.<

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:36 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Why on earth are they illegal in USA ???? scratch  Shocked

From the internet:
"A 1938 federal law bans toys or any non-edible objects to be embedded within food products, meaning the only surprise Americans get is a potential fine and confiscation of their delicious chocolates at the border. The fine is $1,200 per egg."

Shocked

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 9:09 pm

Ther is always something to learn on STS Wink
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:54 am

NightLioness wrote:
Kiki is right, I am jealous now! Very Happy
It really is a nice looking kitten <3

Illegal... seriously?! And those weapons you can carry are legal...
Sorry, USA blew my mind again >.<

USA is very dumb sometimes, lol. You can get a permit to carry a concealed firearm in public but can't take a harmless chocolate egg with a toy inside, across the border. United States at its finest. XD No wonder my country is falling to shambles. We're more scared of chocolate eggs than firearms! *facepalm*

Kikimalou wrote:
Ther is always something to learn on STS Wink
Indeed there is!
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:58 am

Here's the set the little kitten came from. Sorry for the low quality photo. This photo is from a seller on eBay who has all kinds of Kinder Surprise toys for sale. Reasonable prices too.

kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  S-l400_zpsnw98tvuc
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptySat May 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Takama can buy Yowies at Walmart.
They are chocolate figures with animal toys hidden inside.
But Kinder Surprise is stopped at the border? confused

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t16643-takamas-yowie-animals

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptySun May 08, 2016 12:14 am

The Kinder egg shells are much smaller than the Yowie ones (or at least the ones I have seen). Maybe that is why they are allowed in the US? But the Yowie toy does seem just as likely to be a choking hazard.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/kinder-egg-toy-death-france-three-year-old-french-girl-chokes-a6822626.html

Very sad. Crying or Very sad

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:54 pm

@Night Elf: Yes, the eggs from Kinder Surprises are smaller than from Yowies, but I see the main difference that the Yowies figures for US market are monolithic. Minitoys from Ferrero Kinder Surprise are from small parts, similar as Australian Yowies or Kaiyodo ChocoQs.

@WhiteLightning Wolf: Maybe importing these figures (standalone, not inside the chocolate egg) as collector items (not toys) will be OK as there are plenty of US sellers on E-Bay offering small Kaiyodo puzzle figures...
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:59 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Here's the set the little kitten came from. Sorry for the low quality photo. This photo is from a seller on eBay who has all kinds of Kinder Surprise toys for sale. Reasonable prices too.

kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  S-l400_zpsnw98tvuc

Aawwwww <3 They are wonderful!!

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptySun May 08, 2016 9:58 pm

Whieiei, found the set on a Dutch marketplace site Very Happy
Just bought it Very Happy thanks to you, because I did not knew them before Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptySun May 08, 2016 11:47 pm

They are SO cute  cheers
Congratulations, Karin  sunny  Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
There is always something to learn on STS Wink

Laughing Laughing Yes, indeed study scratch Shocked cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyThu May 12, 2016 10:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are SO cute  cheers

Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Susanne Very Happy have got them in, posting pics tomorrow :3

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:00 pm

NightLioness wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
They are SO cute  cheers

Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Susanne Very Happy have got them in, posting pics tomorrow :3

Lol. I took a chance and bought a set myself. I got a load of other Kinders in today but I'm still waiting on these kitties!

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround    kinder - 2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround  Empty

Back to top Go down

2001 Kinder Surprise Kitten with yarn ball Walkaround
Page 1 of 1