Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My drawings of mythological creatures

Go down 
+4
Bowhead Whale
Florian
NightLioness
Tarunyada
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

My drawings of mythological creatures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My drawings of mythological creatures   My drawings of mythological creatures - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 11:45 pm

The reason why I Drew so many chinese mythological mountain dwellers is mainly because there are very few pictures of them. Let me explain. I said earlier that I make mythology scrap books for my friends, in each I put one creature per alphabetical letter. In each scrapbook, there are 18 color photocopies of pictures (taken from the net or books), 3 black-and-white photocopies and five self-made drawings. And the ones I tend to draw the most often are the ones where there are very few pictures of the creature. And the chinese legendary mountain-dwelling creatures, well, are hardly ever represented...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of mythological creatures   My drawings of mythological creatures - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

OK. Photobucket still has problems, but I managed to upload a few more drawings. Here are two of them.

The first one is a Lou Carcohl. The Lou Carcohl comes from french folklore. It is a gigantic animal that is half snail, half snake, donning a big shell. Living underground, it has a toothless mouth surrounded by tentacles that can stretch many times their length to capture preys (humans are among their preys).

The second one is Fa. Fa is from the mythology of the people in Dahomey, in Africa. Fa is an oracle who has sixteen eyes, with which he sees everything. However, it is said that, when humans contact Fa, he never opens more than two eyes at once. Why? Because he only tells people what they need to know and (more important), what they are emotionnally ready to accept. He has sixteen keys that open the sixteen doors of the celestial temple of future.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of mythological creatures   My drawings of mythological creatures - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:42 pm

I am glad you could upload some more pictures. More than praising your talent, I want to tell you that I learn a lot with your entries. The Low carcolh is incredibly interesting. Something really immaginative and different from what we are used. The Portuguese word for a snail is caracol, very similar to carcolh actually. Strange that the French name is not similar? scratch

PostSubject: Re: My drawings of mythological creatures   My drawings of mythological creatures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My drawings of mythological creatures
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3