Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Size of elephants? Papo and Safari

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stu

Stu

Country/State : Australia / Queensland

Size of elephants? Papo and Safari Empty
PostSubject: Size of elephants? Papo and Safari   Size of elephants? Papo and Safari EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 11:56 pm

G'day Everyone,

I've just started collecting and so far have 29 wild animal figurines  Very Happy , exclusively Papo and CollectA.

I'd like to add an African elephant or two to my collection.  elephant  elephant

So far I've narrowed down my choice to Papo (50010, 50041, 50192 - the last not yet available in Australia) and Safari (238429,270029, 295629).

I have to buy my animals online, sight unseen. I have no idea of the relative sizes of the Papo and Safari figures.  confused

I would very much appreciate any advice re the relative sizes of the two brands and  merits of each. Applause

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Size of elephants? Papo and Safari   Size of elephants? Papo and Safari EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:10 am

sunny Saturday morning, and the dogs want a walk, but here is a quick shot of two I have on display ( the others are packed down) Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The new papo one looks a bit smaller, but his proportions are better ...it is hard to compare scratch

Stu

Stu

PostSubject: Re: Size of elephants? Papo and Safari   Size of elephants? Papo and Safari EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 6:24 pm

Thank you, Susanne - that helps.  Very Happy

I take it I'm looking at Safari 270029 and Papo 50192.

So very similar size but quite different in colour. Mad

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Size of elephants? Papo and Safari   Size of elephants? Papo and Safari EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Susanne is always ready to help, incredible how she can find their figures so quickly in such a short time and take a picture! Shocked flower
I see you collect exclusively Papo and CollectA but you're acquiring some Safari elephants. That's pure collecting philosophy. Laughing
If you want elephants of a good quality sculpt and really large as they should be, you can find large figures on Papo and Safari range, they're a little more expensive but they worht it, please check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] elephant
I may also open a topic comparing sizes between CollectA and Papo figures but you'll promise me that you will help me with pictures. Laughing Wink

Papo 50010 Elephant and Safari 295629 African Bull Elephant by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stu

PostSubject: Re: Size of elephants? Papo and Safari   Size of elephants? Papo and Safari EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:19 am

Thank you for your help Rogério.  Very Happy

I don't think the LARGE Papo are available at Mini Zoo here in Australia. confused

As for helping with photos (haven't tried this yet with animal figurines), I'll do what I can. Twisted Evil

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Size of elephants? Papo and Safari   Size of elephants? Papo and Safari EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:58 am

Stu wrote:
Thank you for your help Rogério.  Very Happy

I don't think the LARGE Papo are available at Mini Zoo here in Australia. confused

As for helping with photos (haven't tried this yet with animal figurines), I'll do what I can. Twisted Evil

I don't know how distribution of large Papo figures is working, I only know it is available on MPV that is a German online shop
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is definitively better for you to wait that MiniZoo gets it.
About pictures, no pressure, just take things on forum go in a natural way. Soon or later you'll find a way to share pictures of your collection with us. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Size of elephants? Papo and Safari   Size of elephants? Papo and Safari Empty

Back to top Go down

Size of elephants? Papo and Safari
Page 1 of 1