Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed

Go down 
+3
Tupolew Tu-154
Benga
Gwaine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed Empty
PostSubject: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 2:59 am

Overall, Schleich is winning in the wildlife and farm life area, while the Horses are a little bit off the last few years. The sets are pleasantly surprising and I can already hear my bank account crying.

When the models are out, the one’s I am interested in will be re-reviewed and the photo’s will be replaced with my own.

Wild Life:
Safari:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
14756 Kangaroo with joey
First Impression: She looks so exasperated. She doesn’t want to be here and she is so done with out sh*t. It is an overall nice model, but I find it very odd looking that the joey has only it’s head out of her pouch. It looks like some big bellied roo mutant and I am very put off but it.

Jungle:

14753 Asian Elephant cow
First Impression:  She is very gentle and motherly looking. I particularly like the dimensions of her head and the shape of her ears. And all these artful wrinkles, so nice!

14754 Asian Elephant bull
First Impression:  The action in this model is wonderful and the detail is striking. The only thing I do not understand is the dots on the ears, what are those?

14755 Asian Elephant calf [Heechul]
First Impression:  I had to actually google images of asian elephant calves to see if the fur is really this thick. It isn’t as thick as on the model, but it looks very adorable. This little baby looks super happy and I love it
Second Opinion: He is so peppy and adorable. The fur is a little overdone, but he is overall very well made.
Verdict: I like this model a lot, it is the right amounth of adorable.

14769 Jaguar
First Impression: The fur looks like it is actually soft, how? The colorations are very well done. The only thing that puts me off from this model is the utterly dumbass look on his face. So derp!

14770 Gorilla male
First Impression:  A bit overly fuzzy, but also very impressive. His eyes are very well done, he looks right into your soul and so kind. I can’t see it from here, but I think it is a silverback, which is very nice.

14771 Gorilla female
First Impression:  A very nice and gentle looking lady. She is also very fuzzy, but well modeled. I do like her a lot, but apes are not my thing.

14772 Giant Panda male
First Impression:  A simple but appealing model. He is very nice looking, even though the design is very simple. His body stance is very nice. Thumbs up!

14773 Giant Panda female [Meng-Lin]
First Impression:  Looks softer than the male. She is a calm and happy model, I like her design and energy, she is very well done.
Second Opinion: She is a well made model, fluffier than the real life animal, but anatomically well done.
Verdict: A very well made model

14774 Black Panther
First Impression:  The model is nice enough, but the color of his eyes is so flat. It looks less dumb than his spotted friend, but he is not especially bright either.

14775 Orangutan female
First Impression:  It looks more like the model replica of a plush rather than a actual Orangutan. She looks charming enough, but very toyish.

14776 Orangutan young [Jembe]
First Impression:  He is so cute. Very toyish, but he speaks to me anyway. I recently seen a film about Orangutan orphans and it humbled me, this model will remind me of that feeling.
Second Opinion: He looks quite accurate and very cute all the same. I was very happy when I found him.
Verdict:I like him a lot, very cute, but also somehow humbling

14777 Toucan
First Impression:  Not to bad, the details on the feathers and beaks are very well made. The model is quite simple, but very nice.

14778 Green Anaconda
First Impression:  Reminds me a lot of the snake in the first Harry Potter film. Will it lisp ‘thankssss’ to me when I buy it xD
Second Opinion: Alas he didn't thank me. But he is rather well made, one of the better snakes of the new range.
Verdict: Very nice!

14779 Sloth Bear [Sir Theodore Huggles von Deathcuddle]
First Impression:  So nice to see something new like this. He looks so curious and happy. The fur looks very nice and the colors do to. I am very charmed and hope to welcome him in my home when it is 2017.
Second Opinion: He looks a bit derpy, but is beside that very nice to look at. A new species as well, props to schleich.
Verdict: I very much like the new species and the looks of him

Forest:

14780 Bald Eagle  
First Impression:  I like the older model better. I think this model is disproportionate and the beak looks very odd to me. It also looks as if it is wearing mascara.

14781 Moose bull [Mickey Moose]
First Impression: Looks very well, the fur looks fuzzy, the antlers worn, very well shaped. I really like this model, schleich is doing good so far.
Second Opinion: He is a bit too small to be realistic, which is a pity. Overall very well made!
Verdict: I like him, but he is a bit too small

14782 Fox  [Reinarde]
First Impression:  Such sly looking animal, he is a joy. The color is brownish red, which I really like. The legs could have been more dark colored, but I really like the yellow eyes.
Second Opinion: Mine looks very derpy and his eyes were very badly painted on
Verdict: Overall good shape, pity about the paintjob of mine own

14783 Wild Boar [Hogwards]
First Impression:  He looks so cute and fuzzy, omo! And look at those tusks, he looks like an animal that thinks he is fierce, but is actually a big softly.
Second Opinion: He looks very good, very fuzzy, but otherwise fine.
Verdict: A well made model with a lovely face!

41456 North American Forest dwellers [Jeor/Stinky/Mickey Moose]
First Impression:  A nice set with two pack drivers, well done Schleich! The bear looks a bit dopey, but his body and colors are otherwise fine. The skunk is everything, he looks so cute and cheeky and he will totally come to stink up my house <3!!!
Second Opinion: Such a good set, two pack boosters and very well made models, the skunk looks very cute and cheekie and the bear looks a bit derpy, but well made as well.
Verdict:  A+, good set, well made models

41458 European Forest dwellers [Reinarde/Stannis/Hogwards]
First Impression:  Yes schleich, this is what we want, pack drivers!! This stag is majestic AF. He is beautiful, well proportioned and his antlers are magnificent, well done!!
Second Opinion: A good forrest trio and with an attractive price as well. The stag is very good looking with good colors and a nice shape.
Verdict: I am very content with this set A+ for this one as well.

41459 Mountain animals   [Ironfood/Naín/Gerald]
First Impression:  Oh heck yes!!!! These animals are well modeled, especially the mouflon. Only available as a set, yes very good schleich, thumbs up!
Second Opinion: My favorite set this year, the models are well made and all set only!
Verdict: 11/10. The paintjob on my mouflin is a bit off, but I love the sculpt of all three animals.

Farm World:
Animals:

13823 Duck
First Impression:  A very charming bird, if I may be honest. Her colors are nice and soft and she is very detailed. Very nice!

13824 Drake
First Impression:  It looks like his beak is pasted on, which is a bit disappointing. But overall he is very nice looking, even though his colors are a bit flat.

13825 Rooster
First Impression:  Yes! This is such a well made model. It looks so good. The colors are right, the details work. I am very into this guys!! Good work schleich!

13826 Hen [Hen Solo]
First Impression:  The hen is simple but elegant, which I like. Her eyes are a little bit beady, but overall she is a very nice model.
Second Opnion: A simple and nice model.
Verdict: Very nice, well made

13827 Rabbit [Moppie]
First Impression:  It is so cute, it looks curious and so adorable. The cute pink nose and mirroring eyes make me think of many rabbit I met before.
Second Opinion:I really love the tilt of his head and how energetic he looks.
Verdict: A very well made rabbit. I like it a lot.

13828 Goat
First Impression:  Overall nice-ish, but that open mouth just makes it look like a Zombie. Save yourselves!!! And I know goats have those eyes in real life, but my gods are they haunting!

13829 Goat kid [Aberfort]
First Impression:  Little floofy Zombie, he looks so … happy, but in a creepy way. I do like it and will take it home from sure, but look how it stares into you soul.
Second Opinion: He is still a bit creepy, but also kind of cute
Verdict: He looks accurate, but still a bit creepy.

13836 Cat  [Peter Poes]
First Impression:  So sweet and curious looking. Much better than schleich’s other cats [safe for two of them] she doesn’t look retarded as most of schleich’s cats and she is very well molded.
Second Opinion: He looks so happy. I like this Kitty.
Verdict: One of the better cats schleich has made as of late.

Horses(not included in "Horse Club"):

13830 Pinto mare [Valkyri]
First Impression:  Possibly my favorite adult horse of 2017. Her body is relatively proportionate, her ears are too cute and that pink on her nose is the sweetest. The hooves look very nice and the the spots work well too. I might do a switcheroo and mate her to Tyr. They would look good together!
Second Opinion: Pretty much confirms my first impression. And she does look lovely with Tyr and Kian.
Verdict: I really like her, very content to have her.

13831 Tinker stallion [Bucky]
First Impression:  He is a tricolor, which I like and the pink on his muzzle is nice, but his nose looks like he was stung by bees. His whole head has messed up proportions. Me no likey! Of course I am going to buy him anyway, bc I am crazy!
Second Opinion: My favorite adult horse. His head is quite normal and his body is wonderfully bulky.
Verdict: He literally gave me so much more than I expected of him, I love this model!

13832 Tennessee Walker Gelding [Anthony]
First Impression:  Nooononono, mission abort. Please no. This is literally the hano stallion with a new head. THOSE EYES, THEY ARE SO HAUNTING AND BIG and omo, this things head is like an alien. I dun like it. And yes I will buy it.
Second Opinion: His eyes aren't as big as I thought. He does look very boring and it lowest on my list.
Verdict:He has no story to tell, I just got him to keep up my collection

13833 Tennessee Walker Mare [Pepper]
First Impression:  W-what… Isn’t this the old TWH stallion, but with a new head and a bit longer mane. Her eyes do seem lively and the colors and muscle contours work. But that is mainly because they already did work.
Second Opinion: She is quite nice and looks very soft.
Verdict: Not on the top of my list, but she is very nice.

Dogs:

13834 Labrador Retriever female [Choco]
First Impression:  This is that stereotypical dog that goes ‘play play play’ she looks so enthusiastic and I kind of love it save for the slight cross eyes look
Second Opinion: Who is a good girl? Yes she is! Look at her enthousiasm!
Verdict: A very pleasant model, a bit small, but very nice.

13835 Labrador Retriever puppy
First Impression: He is decent, he looks a bit derpy, but those are only the eyes. He is overall very nice and such a peppy puppy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]42375 Farmer with Goat [Mijndert with Jenna]
First Impression:  Again this creepy Zombie eyes for the goat that just creeps me out. The farmers face look like the model people’s equivalent of a limp noodle, but I will get this set to have more people on my stables.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42376 Dog kennel [Rieneke with Boef]
First Impression:  I WANT THIS, this is a good set. The kennel is nicely modeled, finally a leach!!! And all the pieces work together!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

Horse Club:

13812 Haflinger mare [Peggy]
First Impression:  Save for the braids, she looks very well. Elegant, soft colors, no demonic black eyes. The ears are on the big side, but she is a very beautiful model!
Second Opinion: Beside the braids and the big ears she is a very well made model.
Verdict: Nice, but not outstanding as some.

13813 Haflinger stallion [Robin Hood]
First Impression:  Look at this tramp, he is good looking. The dark color is very good and those ruffled manes are so nice. He looks like a horse who is up for adventure and you bet your cute lil bumm I am joining him!
Second Opinion: Love the colors and the rugged look. This is a horse I can tell stories with.
Verdict:Metts my desires and expectations, very nice.

13814 Haflinger foal [Jace]
First Impression:  She looks just so super happy. She is ready to take this world one whinny at a time and everyone loves her. So lovely and cute. I want her defo!
Second Opinion: Whoops, then she turned out to be a he. My favorite out of the successive haflinger foals. He looks very curious and happy.
Verdict: He is very nice and well made

13815 Icelandic Pony stallion [Farbauti]
First Impression:  A very powerful pony. His proportions are a little off, but he is so ready to take over my pony shelf. He looks very confident and rugged. His manes are very nice and I really like him.
Second Opinion: Powerful and dominant looking. Very well done, props to schleich.
Verdict: A very good model, I like him.  

13817 Hanoverian mare [Camilla]
First Impression:  WAHT? I don’t understand the proportions and dimensions of this horse. She confuses me. What even am I looking at, schleich help???
Second Opinion: She looks sickly and mangled. Rather low on my list.
Verdict: A bit of a botched up mare, but I expect we'll see more of her.

13818 Hanoverian foal [Lyanna]
First Impression:  So separate from the fact that 0/10 would braid their foals manes, this is a nice model. She is peppy and cute and looks very curious, I like the colors a lot.
Second Opinion: She is cute and peppy and I love her lots!
Verdict: I like her a lot, she is one of my favorite foals in my collection.

13819 Lipizzaner mare [Rhaenyra]
First Impression:  But this looks like the current mare but with her hair done different. Braids, why all those braids Schleich. Who does this even appeal to? I don’t understand this...
Second Opinion: She doesn't look like a lipi in the least, her body is strange, the braids are uggly and her head is too big.
Verdict: No, just no, I like the previous lipi mare better.

13820 Lipizzaner foal [Sebastian]
First Impression:  This looks like a mischief maker. The sort of foal that knows how to open the stables and the meadow and just cause a lot of trouble. He is not mister nice guy and I love it! A little demon that is on top of my wish list!
Second Opinion:He is such a little demon and I can't wait to see the adventures he will go on.
Verdict: He is lovely, I am so in love with him.

13821 Andalusian stallion [Glorfindel]
First Impression:  I am so torn on him, he looks very well modeled and as elegant as his wife, but his colors are almost the same as the old stallion, which is a big let down. And I am actually surprised he is not shoed.
Second Opinion: He is wonderful, I really love him much more than I expected. I would love a conga of the model.
Verdict: I love this model!!!

13822 Andalusian foal [Aiyoni]
First Impression:  A lit of bit unproportionate, but very cute. He looks a bit fuzzy and wobbly, but also very curious, easily distracted. The color works well with both his parents.
Second Opinion: My favorite foal this year. She is adorable and very elegant.
Verdict: Very Happy with this model!

13837 Hanoverian gelding [Voice /// Glock’s Voice]
First Impression:  His neck is a bit odd, but otherwise he is nicer than his wife. Again with the braids, that I mislike. I am very on the fence about him.
Second Opinion: Do I like him or not? I have no idea tbh. He's better than the mare at least
Verdict:I guess he has his angles.

42358 Show Jumper and horse  [Willemieke on Elaine]
First Impression:  At least she looks better in black, or maybe it is the angel. I like that both the horse and the rider are a different color and I can’t wait to compare the black to the brown.
Second Opinion: The black mask her odd build, better than the brown version.
Verdict:Overall okayish.

42359 Recreational Rider with Horse [Brenda on Clint]
First Impression:  I wonder if this is the same as the Mustang mare in the advent calendar of this year. Either way, I like the colors on the mare and the new colors on the rider!
Second Opinion: Better than in Black, also looks sweeter.
Verdict: I like him good enough.

42360 English Thoroughbred with Blanket [Molly]
First Impression:  Aside from the braids, I love this set. The horse is very well made, the blanket is cute. I love this so much. I am so eager to have her next year!!!
Second Opinion: She is very pretty, the braids aren't that annoying and she is a very sweet looking model.
Verdict: A sweet and pretty mare, very nice.

42361 Foal with Blanket [Alice]
First Impression:  This wobbly baby looks so happy and cute and I just want to cuddle it and keep it safe. The blanket is very funny too.
Second Opinion: NNNNGH yes, she is adorable and cute and everything about her is so nice!!!!
Verdict: I like this model so much!!! 13/10!

42362 Stablehand with Shetland Pony’s [Natalie with Wendy and Jan]
First Impression:  These cuties. The foal is especially adorable. These are the sets I can barely wait for, Schleich is targetting my wallet a lot this year.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42363 Rider with Icelandic Pony’s [Odette with Anna and Hansel]
First Impression:  YES NOW FARBAUTI HAS A WIFE TOO, THANK YOU SCHLEICH FOR SAVING MY ASS HERE, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I like this set a lot, but I need to see life how the brown works out for the pony’s
Second Opinion: A very charming pair, the dark brown is very nice and the foal has a cute pink nose. I am very glad to have them, very nice.
Verdict: Very nice, not special or a surprise, but very nice.

Bayala:

70521 Unicorn standing [Loess]
First Impression:  The proportions confuse me a little bit, but I think it looks okay enough to strengthen the unicorn herd.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:  

70522 Pegasus [Zephyr]
First Impression:  Slender and very pretty, but with those demon eyes. I like him better than the previous pegasi. But what did schleich do with his manes?
Second Opinion: Elegant and very nice, I like her very much.
Verdict:A well made model, very good.

41452 Star companions with Food
First Impression: Yeah no, we’ve been over this last year schleich, don’t make sets without pack drivers.

41453 Safenja with Star Companion
First Impression: Same as last year

70543 Pegasus Foal [Wolk]
First Impression:  It is so cute and peppy and I like it so much. It gives the promise of adventures and happiness. I need that.
Second Opinion: That smile Very Happy, a lovely model. The wings are very cute
Verdict:A stark change form the old foals, but cutely made.

70545 Nalenja’s Mist Dove [Chenle]
First Impression:  Very poofy and cartoonie, but also very appealing and cute. Yeah nice.
Second Opinion: So cute and chubby <3
Verdict: Quite Nice

70546 Safenja’s Cloud Squirrel [Chip]
First Impression:  Look at this budgy little thing. It is curious and full of trouble. I want it!
Second Opinion: He is so cute and chubby and I just love him so much and all those adventures he can have and kyaaa!!!
Verdict: One of my favorite small bayala companions!

70547 Lunaja’s Moon Fox [Lady]
First Impression:  Looks like something from a japanese anime and it is so adorable and graceful at the same time. The colors work well and it is a very nice critter!
Second Opinion: Very anime-ish, makes me think of sailor moon. She is pretty though.
Verdict: She is very nice, I like!

70548 Zenaja’s Blossom Deer [Nymeria]
First Impression:  Thing creature is the most beautiful thing ever. Everything works, the colors are so nice and I just can’t wait to have it!
Second Opinion: Meets all he expectations, I love it!
Verdict: A great model, I love her so much!

70549 Foal [Dancer]
First Impression: Just normal bayala foal. I’ll have it but not with great eagerness like her not horse friends  
Second Opinion:It's turned out pretty nice, she is cute.
Verdict: Cute.

70550 Venuja’s Pearl Foal [Prancer]
First Impression:  It is okay, the deco on it is funny.
Second Opinion: She looks chubby and happy and is kinda adorable.
Verdict: Nice enough. 

Eldrador:

70541 Dragon Ice Hunter [Angalacon]
First Impression:  Heck to the yes, this is a boss ass dragon and I can’t wait to have it. So well done!!!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70559 Dragon Night Hunter [Balerion the Black Dread]
First Impression:  Heck to the yes. I want this beast so bad, he look positively evil and sprung right from a epic fantasy book. I will definately get him!
Second Opinion: He is very sleek and detailed, I really like this one.
Verdict: Very good schleich, this is what I am here for!

70560 Dragon Poacher
First Impression:  I am not sure, he looks very comicy and better fit in the safari ltd dragon range. I’ll need to see him live to see if I want to buy him.
Second Opinion: I bought him in end, because he has a lot of interesting details and he is a beast with a story to him.
Verdict: A very interesting and detailed beast!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm

Last edited by Gwaine on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:39 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Benga

Benga

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 8:28 am

Thank you for the great First impression review, Gwaine!  Applause

The 42359 Recreational Rider with Horse does look like the mustang mare that's in the Advendscalender.
But she only looks the other way,
so I think it's actually the 13832 Tennessee Walker Gelding in disguise  Suspect

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 8:31 am

Benga1996 wrote:

The 42359 Recreational Rider with Horse does look like the mustang mare that's in the Advendscalender.
so I think it's actually the 13832 Tennessee Walker Gelding in disguise  Suspect

So now he is ninja alien? How...

~
~

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 8:33 am

The Dragon Night Hunters Picture is broken.

I like the poacher dragon, because i like dragons with fur. But the moon fox and the blossom deer are GORGEOUS. Must have.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 8:36 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
The Dragon Night Hunters Picture is broken.

I like the poacher dragon, because i like dragons with fur. But the moon fox and the blossom deer are GORGEOUS. Must have.

It works now

I am definately adopting the new bayala critters

~
~

Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 8:47 am

Gwaine wrote:
Benga1996 wrote:

So now he is ninja alien? How...
Laughing
I don't know but that's one talented horse.... I tell you! alien

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 am

Looking at those wild animals with all the "fyzzy" surface I imagine them in some child's sticky fingrers affraid tongue

Some moms are going to a a full time job scrubbing toys there Laughing

Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:06 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Looking at those wild animals with all the "fyzzy" surface I imagine them in some child's sticky fingrers affraid tongue

Those poor moms! Laughing

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 2:11 am

Benga1996 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Those poor moms! Laughing

So all moms out there, please wahs your kids hands before playtime xD

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 2:43 am

I made up a list. I ordered the items on which I want most, to the one's I want least

Horses: Lipizzaner Foal, Pinto Mare, Andalusian Foal, English Thoroughbred, Iceland Set, Shetland set, Blanket Foal, Haflinger Stallion, Andalusian Stallion, Haflinger Foal, Haflinger Mare, Hanoverian Foal, Hanoverian Gelding, Show Jumper, Icelandic Stallion, Tinker Stallion, Recreational Rider, TWH Mare, TWH Gelding, Hanoverian Mare, Lipizzaner Mare

Wildlife: Sloth Bear, Orangutan Young, Asian Elephant Calf, Europe Set, North America Set, Mountain Set

Farmlife: Kennel, Cat, Rabbit, Goat Kid, Labrador Female, Farmer with Goat

Other: Ice Dragon, Night Dragon, Blossom Deer, Pegasus Foal, Moon Fox Pegasus, Cloud Squirrel, Mist Dove, Foal, Pearl Foal, Unicorn Standing

~
~

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:45 am

Great reviews, very detailed and well thought out. I also thought it was a smart move to leave room for second opinions because seeing these figures in hand is often a very different experience. I agree that the walking horse gelding may be one of the weakest this year. I'm not sure what happened since the old one was so gorgeous. I have mixed feelings about the Hanoverian gelding. His proportions are off, yet he has so much character and likability. He's one I'd need to see in hand.

Overall, I think they did a much better job on their wild mammals. The moose and bear are particular standouts. It's just too bad I don't collect them other than the canids and felids.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:50 am

barracudacat wrote:
Great reviews, very detailed and well thought out.  I also thought it was a smart move to leave room for second opinions because seeing these figures in hand is often a very different experience.  I agree that the walking horse gelding may be one of the weakest this year.  I'm not sure what happened since the old one was so gorgeous.  I have mixed feelings about the Hanoverian gelding.  His proportions are off, yet he has so much character and likability.  He's one I'd need to see in hand.

Overall, I think they did a much better job on their wild mammals.  The moose and bear are particular standouts.  It's just too bad I don't collect them other than the canids and felids.

I stopped restricting myself a long time ago, my friend. I collect that which appeals to me.

I feel the exact same with the Hano gelding. I am so not sure about his, because he looks so off, but also has quite some charm, which I really like.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:25 pm

Heechul: Mama Sun and Papa Yeobo are so happy to have another baby. Big sister Flossie and Otje can’t wait to meet their little brother.

Reinarde: Vixy and Todd are happy to finally complete the family.

Aberfort: Trixxie, Magic, Cookie and Wonu are eager to go and make mischief with their new friend.

Valkyri: Tyr is very pleased with his new wife and Kian surely has his pink nose from his mommah.

Bucky: Where to fit him in. I am not sure who is his family. All my Tinker mare’s are mated. Hm, what to do with you?

Anthony: Nori and Bard are ashamed for their cousin. They find it no small wonder that he was gelded.

Pepper: It is evident she is Nori’s twin sister. He and Bard are happy to welcome their sister home.

Choco: Joost’s new dog will always have plenty of friends at the stables. The pups are already eager to play tug o war with him

Mijndert: The stables will be much cleaner with Mijnderts helps. He is a hard worker, that is obvious, let’s just hope Jenna does not get into too much trouble.

Rieneke: One of the Twin’s friends has finally been convinced to try a day at the stables, she seems more taken with boef, who was bought to keep the goats from causing trouble.

Peggy: The haflinger family is expanding. Elisaveta and Proost are very eager to welcome their new friend.

Robin Hood: A horse for the more experienced riders, that is for sure. Finrod and Arjo feel a little upstaged, he is so handsome. More handsome than them.

Clary: Luna is eager to go on an adventure with her new friend, but Adam’d rather take another nap.

Farbauti: Can you hear Myrcella and Dacey swoon. He sure is handsome, sorry ladies he already has a wife and son.

Camilla: Oh no, poor girl is going to have a hard time making friends. Arwen and Peresphone greatly disapprove.

Lyanna: Boromir might just have a little colt crush on her. But so does Salinero, are they going to butt heads?

Rhaenyra: Oh gods, Hel is very upset, she was promised a husband and how there will be another sister.

Sebastian: Dante is so eager to meet a new friend to make mischief with. I better keep my eyes peeled for this duo in the future.

Glorfindel: Yes, Islanzadi is in love and in luck. This dashingly handsome stud is all hers.

Legolas: So sweet, not only will Isla meet her mr right, but also have a baby with him, we are all so delighted!

Glock’s Voice: Arwen has mixed feelings, but Jaime is very willing to make friends with him. Because he looks very sporty.

Elaine: Horst is happy to meet his wife at long last, especially because their son is moving in all too soon.

Elsa: Shall we first find out if this is an actual mare xD

Molly: Oh how long has Arthur yearned for a wife and finally here she is!

Alice: And a baby for Arthur too, isn’t he a lucky one!

Judy and Grettel: The shetland herd had to get mixed up a little, but now Bilbo is getting a wife and a daughter now

Anna and Hansel: Farbauti will come with wife and son. Malia and Vindur can’t wait to play with Hansel.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You have some of the 2017? Make a walkaround, please. ^^

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:48 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You have some of the 2017? Make a walkaround, please. ^^

How lucky do you think I am

This is all the joy of anticipation. My 2017 models will come to me in december at the earliest!

~
~

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 10:21 am

Interesting topic, I'm curious how will the second opinions and verdicts turn out.
Btw, the horse breeders often braid also the foals mane for shows and parades, so the Hanoverian filly looks ready for one Wink she is probably my favourite from all 2017 horses.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Gwaine wrote:

14754 Asian Elephant bull
First Impression:  The action in this model is wonderful and the detail is striking. The only thing I do not understand is the dots on the ears, what are those?

Those dots are an attempt to show whow Asian Elephants often have motteled skin on their face and ears.
Even if the dots are a bit large, I give Schleich lots of applaud for making this realistic touch.   Applause  Applause

I agree too that the pose is fine, but the proportions !!!!! affraid
To me it looks like a poor elephant with dwarfism trying to act big Laughing

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 1:41 am

I have added some second opinions and verdicts!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 2:45 am

Awesome to read, as usual!
Thank you. Very Happy

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 am

Benga1996 wrote:
Awesome to read, as usual!
Thank you. Very Happy

No Problemo sweetling!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 4:16 am

Second Half Year

42352 Dinghy w/ Ranger
First Impression:  Looks a bit like the old action man stuff my brother used to play with. I do like that it can float

42351 Quad w/ Trailer, Ranger, & Tiger
First Impression:  This does look quite a bit like playmobil. Is that a new tiger?

42353 Ranger with Urang Utan baby
First Impression: And interesting and cute set. It seems schleich gets a bit better at faces.

14793 Sloth [Hoyhoy]
First Impression: Reminds me so much of a dutch commercial! He is very cute and looks so comfortable.   
Second Opinion: He has such a cute dopey expression. It is a very refreshing model and I am glad schleich added a new species to their array!
Verdict: A funny and cute model and still well made

42350 Croco Jungle Research Base Camp
First Impression: Very detailed and with a lot of options. It is not what schliehc used to do but non the less interesting  

42382 Gorilla Family feed set
First Impression: No, not again. Not these sets that offer nothing new!

42388 Wild Life animal mix
First Impression: Fine! But only because it is a discount set. 

42354 Ranger Tools
First Impression: Very Playmobil

42355 Ranger Technics
First Impression:  This could come in handy for my stories at least
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42356 Station guard Equip
First Impression: Not sure about this. Only the quad driver will be able to sit on the chair.  

42357 Boat Supplies
First Impression: A tiny bit interesting

43379 Tractor w/ Trailer
First Impression:  Looks very smooth and not too playmobily, Schleich does have a bit of an own style with this, very good.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42377 Straw Bale Conveyor w/ Farmer
First Impression:The design is quite nice and I like how it easy to combine with other sets.  

42386 Farm World Animal Mix
First Impression: Same as the Wild Life Animal Mix 

41419 Bull Rider
First Impression: I might get this set. The Bull looks rather nice. I am glad the sets came over to Europe now. 
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

41416 Le Bronc Set [Inkheart]
First Impression: I already have this set. I like the tack and the Horse looks nice in Black. 
Second Opinion: Yeah ... f**k schleich for fooling me into getting them from American for pricey as butts. It is a great set and I love the rider and the horse, but darnit schleich, making these USA only and making me get them and then making them world wide when I already got them.
Verdict: The set is very nice, nice tack, a male rider and a very charming horse.

41417 Barrel Racing set [Felix]
First Impression: I already have this set. The horse looks wonderful in palomino. The tack is a bit difficult to apply though.
Second Opinion: Same story as the Le Bronc set. I do love this stallion's color and the tack and gods does he have a lovely story!
Verdict: Handsome horse, nice tack and nice rider.

41418 Team Roping Set [Hestia]
First Impression:  I already have this set. The tack is difficult, like that of the barrel racer, but I am very pleased with the rider and the calf. The mare is a bit bland.
Second Opinion: The same USA story, blabla. I like the rider better than the horse, he is useful in my stories.
Verdict: Lovely set overall, but a bit of a dull horse.

42368 Lusitano Mare Playset [Elsa]
First Impression: By far the best horse since the Tinker. I'm in love with the pink nose and her simple grace. The stables look a bit too simplistic.  
Second Opinion: She is not anatomically correct, but I really like the look of her and she is a very interesting character. She has an air of pride about her and something gentle as well.
Verdict:I am very pleased with her, I hvae her finally after yearning for her for very long.

42369 Arabian Stable Set [Menhit & Daehyun]
First Impression: Mare and foal are made well, only the mare's braid is a little meh. The mare looks better than the regular Arab mare. The foal reminds me of schleich's old simplicity. The accessories and the stablehand are very nice too. 
Second Opinion: Very nice set, the foal is very cute and the mare is very okay. The mare's body is a bit wonkey, but her colors are well done. The set is overall a nice package deal.
Verdict: Yes, nice set, these are good to use as shayga arabians.

42389 Riding School
First Impression: Hey! The old voltige set! Overall a very nice set. I am also sort of happy to see the old lipi mare back. 
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

13840 Pintabian Stallion [Daario Naharis]
First Impression: You all know my weakness for pink noses by now. The extended hind leg is a bit strange. He does look very curious and elegant. 
Second Opinion: He is a bit long of leg, but the spots and his active pose make him a very charming model. And of course the pink nose makes me melt.
Verdict: A very charming stallion and a good addition to my shelf!

13838 Pintabian Mare [Hathor]
First Impression: Looks a bit like a Breyer Stablemate.. Very elegant and the shape of her spots is very nice.
Second Opinion: Her pose looks less wonky in the spots, she is very charming and well made.
Verdict: A pretty mare, that is for sure, I am glad to have her

13839 Pintabian Foal [Jimin]
First Impression:  Sweet and curious, but with a simple grace, he is so adorable <3
Second Opinion: Cute as a button, he is a very nice model event hough I prefer the dun on this mold
Verdict: Cute and sweet, very well done schleich

42364 Vet Utulensils
First Impression: Nice for who doesn't want to get the vetset
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42365 Blanket and Halter
First Impression: I won't buy this one bc I'll get it with the Lusitano, but for those who don;t want to get the whole set it is fine.

Grooming Box
First Impression: Nice enough for those who will buy literally none of the sets

Foal Care Set
First Impression: Nice enough for those who will not buy the actual foal set.

70552 Annabella
First Impression: I get that she has to stay upright, but those tentacles do creep me out.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70555 Michelle [Nautico]
First Impression: I love that little seahorse, it is just so detailed and well made. The mermaid is also nicely made and her face doesn't look too bad.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70557 Isabelle
First Impression: The seahorse looks very interesting, but would have done better with horse front legs instead of those flipper wings.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

70558 Gabriella [Wirnpa]
First Impression: With some Grimm fantasy this horse could pass as a Kelpie. It looks nice enough
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

14583 Kentosaurus
First Impression: Too bad it is a relaunch. I liked the original colors better.

14584 Acrocanthosaurus
First Impression: Quite well made, looks almost like in the movies, espeically the head.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]42348 Skull Adventure set
First Impression: A very nice set, with pack drivers. The models are all very well made.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

42370 Mobile Veterinarian w/ Hannover foal [Simon]
First Impression: I love the hano foal in this color! I'll probably think of the vet truck as more of a regular vet, for the dogs and all. Overall a nice set.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

41460 Royal clam carriage
First Impression: Is that a dude? In the Bayala Range! I am very surprised. I like that the set is also able to use normal horses for the carriage.
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

97433 Wild Life Advent Calendar
First Impression: Overall, but not enough set drivers to get it
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

97448 Farm World Advent Calendar
First Impression: Overall, but not enough set drivers to get it
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

97447 Horse Club Advent Calendar
First Impression: This one I am gona order ASAP, three special horses and a dog, plenty set boosters, I love it!
Second Opinion:
Verdict:

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 5:35 am

The result of 8 months of collecting hehehe. All the 2017 models I have!

~
~

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 6:46 am

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Wow! Looks amazing!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed   The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed Empty

Back to top Go down

The first reveals of Schleich 2017 Reviewed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: