Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!

Go down 
+6
Roger
ken yeo
smilodoncalifornicus
SUSANNE
arafan
Palustris
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Palustris

Palustris

Country/State : Canada

NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! Empty
PostSubject: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you all a very happy New Year with many, many happy new years to come.

Now, I just came across this and if anyone has already posted this then I apologize. I looked, but did not see any posts about the new Schleich Jaguar. I didn't know how to post right into the "jaguar" subject forum so I simply posted under "New Post".

Anyway, without further ado.......here is the NEW SCHLEICH JAGUAR FOR 2017!! I am very excited and cannot wait to purchase this guy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can only find this image, so I cannot see it from other angles to really gauge what it looks like, but so far it looks very good. The only thing I can criticize is perhaps that this jaguar looks a little "light" in build like a=leopard and not the blocky, heavy-set build like a jaguar. But, lets wait to see more photos. Either way.....I'm still BUYING IT! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 12:24 am

Hi Palustris, normally all new figures for the new year are in a list with the official catalogue pictures. In the section Schleich you will find a toppic called "Schleich 2017 list" (or something simmilar) there you will find everything that will be released till June by Schleich, you also will find this Jaguar but also an black version of it. If you keep checking the secion "Walkarounds and reviews" in the next weeks you may even find some pictures made by members.

I'm also very exhited to see that figurine. Very Happy

Edit: Looks, I've seen that our dear Susanne has taken some pictures of the Black jaguar:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Palustris

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 am

Obrigado Bryan! There, you see, I learned something new.

But, I really wanted to showcase the jaguar for obvious reasons. Very Happy

I didn't know about the Black Jaguar though. Thanks for that. I will be purchasing that one too.

I guess being from Brazil you love the Onca too.
Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 3:31 am

Thanks for the info. I just checked out Susanne's Black Jaguar photos. Looks good. I can't wait to buy them and see them up close.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 8:35 am

I look very much forwardto see this beautyful model, too cheers
As Arafan wries, the beautyful black variation is alreay available , and if the paintwork of this one is as nicely painted, we surely see two great, new models from Schleich this year Very Happy

I move your topic to : Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews ,  and hope you will soon be able to take pictures of it and show them here cat bounce

Palustris

Palustris

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 2:43 pm

That's very nice of you Susanne, thank you.

The websites say "TBA", so I am unsure when they will be available. I'm sure it's VERY soon. I usually purchase them off of E-Bay because some websites do not use PayPal.

Either way, I will let you know when I have them and I will post a photo of them together. But hey, one of you may get them first.

Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 10:20 pm

Although I have looked at the photo of this jaguar, I really didn't LOOK at it. On closer inspection, the coat pattern is probably the best I have seen to date. The rosettes and colour are excellent! With the great paint job of the Black Jaguar and this jaguar they may very well be my best so far. But, until I have them in my hands to inspect, I can only speculate.

I had to mention that. I got pretty excited when I noticed this detail, so I had to share it with all of you.

Get the feeling that I REALLY like jaguars??......lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 8:58 am

Palustris wrote:
I had to mention that. I got pretty excited when I noticed this detail, so I had to share it with all of you.
Get the feeling that I REALLY like jaguars??......lol Very Happy

That is the wonderful REAL collector's feeling cheers bounce Applause

smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 pm

I am a fan of the older Schleich Jaguar.  To myself that one captures the shape of El Tigre much better
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 3:09 pm

I got mine and disappointed with the paint job as it look completely different from the schleich catalog.

Palustris

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:05 pm

smilodoncalifornicus, I too love the last Scheich Jaguar. Not so much the very first one, but the last one. You are right, the build on that one is correct. I haven't held the new one yet, so I can't compare. The paint job looks fantastic, but the body looks a little "light". I'm still pretty excited to get it though. I'll give my opinion when that time comes.

Ken yeo, that worries me! lol I HOPE the paint job is the same because that part really WOW'd me. All I can say is that I will have to wait until I get mine to comment further.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Yes, I agree ! It is sort of messy, isn't it ? Rolling Eyes

But still a nice Kitty, I think Very Happy

ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:28 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, I agree ! It is sort of messy, isn't it ? Rolling Eyes

But still a nice Kitty, I think Very Happy

You are right is still a nice Kitty!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 10:59 pm

As I was taking pictures of him, and thought Icould share, - I hope it is ok to mingle in your topic, Palustris ?

I even borrow your picture for comparison  Embarassed
Palustris wrote:

Here he is, the spangeled guy   cat  Very Happy

smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 pm

It looks much more Leopard like than Jaguar..even the rossetts look Leopard like
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 11:04 pm

smilodoncalifornicus wrote:
It looks much more Leopard like than Jaguar..even the rossetts look Leopard like

Yes ! What a shame that they din't stick to the good intentions of the prototype painting Suspect

Palustris

Palustris

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 11:33 pm

By all means Susanne, anyone can feel free to add to this topic. No need to ask. :)

I must say, I am a little disappointed. I have to agree once again, the last jaguar has a much better design. Not to sound like a broken record, but the old jaguar captures the thick bodied, big head, short sturdy limbs of the jaguar. For me that is very important because that is the structure that made me fall in love with this great cat. This jaguar does indeed have more of a "leopard-like" build.

But, the paint job is still good. I think it is the best so far of all commercial jaguar figures outside of private re-paints. And I like the paws. They are well done.

I'm still going to buy this one and the black version for my collection of jaguars. I must see it in my hand to make the final determination.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 am

I have mixed feelings about the painting, while it is clearly intricated with rosets and spots nicely distributed, it also looks more based in leopard rosets. Frontal view makes it also look like a juvenile. I think I'll keep the previous Schleich jaguar as my representative of the species but this one is much better than the first jaguar Schleich did. Laughing

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Here's a picture for comparing the old Jaguar

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Personally, I think I like Schleich's old jaguar better. scratch The head and face structure really bothers me on the new one. Still a nice model though. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks for the picture, Ken Very Happy

Good to know what we are talking about Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Very useful picture, Ken! Very Happy Although I like better the older version, there is no doubts that there is an interesting effort on painting to make it look more intricated. The jaguar distinctive appearance is more faithful on old figure however. Nevertheless, both look great enough! Very Happy

Palustris

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Great comparison photo Ken. The old one is better, I can clearly see that now. But, the new one is third behind the Safari jaguar figure. That's how I would rate all the jaguar figures on the market (not including any resin models of course ). Old Scheich, Safari Ltd, New Schleich.

How did you get one?? They still haven't made them available to us in Canada yet. I check online and I can't find any for sale yet.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 8:48 am

Palustris wrote:
How did you get one?? They still haven't made them available to us in Canada yet. I check online and I can't find any for sale yet.

It is for sale many places in Europe. Must soon come to Canada cat

Barti

Barti

Country/State : Polish

PostSubject: Schleich 2017 Jaguar   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!   NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!! Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW Schleich Jaguar 2017!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next