Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds

Go down 
+2
widukind
castlerigg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds Empty
PostSubject: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 7:58 pm

A small group of 1950's large-scale birds from Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple range has just arrived. The seller dropped them into a plastic carrier bag and put it into a box without any padding. Surprisingly, only the Ostrich is damaged.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Vulture (in the Pfeiffer catalogues, he was always sold as a Condor) and the Falcon.

Pfeiffer Owl on the left, with Hausser's Elastolin version on the right.

Pfeiffer Heron on the left, with Hausser's Elastolin version on the right.

Pfeiffer Penguin on the left, with Hausser's Elastolin version on the right. Pfeiffer's bird looks less like a duck!

Pfeiffer Ostrich and Flamingo.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 8:29 pm

That are beautieful birds. I will add on my wishlist now :) Many thanks for the pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Wonderful, fortunately the careless packing of the seller was not dramatic but lack of care with 60 year figures is not good.
I love all of them and comparisons are always very useful. Yes, I remember when you presented that Hausser penguin, Pfeiffer version is less crazy indeed. Vulture was clearly made to be generic, wings work nicely for a male condor but head works better for a female or for a Gyps. Herons and flamingo are also fantastic! Congratulatons and thanks once more for finding time to share with us with great pictures and your always relevant knowledge about these composition figures. Very Happy

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Thank you, Andreas and Roger!

This is the first time we have seen these birds by Pfeiffer, and we are very happy to have them, and to share them with you.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Seing there was a new topic from S&L, I almost couldn't wait to see, - and as always : WOW cheers

They are SO beautyful , I almost get tears in my eyes  Sad  Very Happy  
These old birds are usually in a price range that is completely wild, and it is such a joy to see your pictures !!! Thankyou very much for showing them here  flower

But what a horror-story !! Dumping those fragile, precious, well kept old models into a carrier bag affraid *Shudder!!!*
It is amazing that there was done so little damage, - look at the beak of the heron, so delicate and fine !!

The vulture/condor is very interesting to me, because I have a copy, made from Neo-Form, but this is the first time I see a picture of the original  Laughing

castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 11:31 pm

Thank you, Susanne - it is lovely to see your Neoform Vulture. We have only a few pieces of Neoform, but they are all beautiful. Neoform picked the best models to copy!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 6:10 pm

It is a wonderful addition, I'm happy to know they are in a safe place after a dangerous travel cheers
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 11:07 pm

Wow, they are just....wow!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 11:25 pm

castlerigg wrote:
..... We have only a few pieces of Neoform, but they are all beautiful. Neoform picked the best models to copy!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Ohhh! Please may we see them ? bounce

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds   Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds Empty

Back to top Go down

Pfeiffer/Tipple-Topple: Big Birds
Page 1 of 1