Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us yours SNAKES ;)

Go down 
+21
RtasVadumee
Bonnie
Advicot
halichoeres
Steve170
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
widukind
1claire
Caracal
Megaptera
Roger
Bowhead Whale
Dum_my
75senta75
landrover
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Saien
SUSANNE
costicuba
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Thank you Roger :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Great collection of snakes Andreas Very Happy Applause Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:00 pm

new snakes by Schleich and K&M

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Nice snakes, Andreas Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:25 am

Thanks Susanne :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:43 pm

K&M Aruba rattle snake

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Extremely interesting species, and beautyful model !!! cheers I never heard of it before Shocked

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Very nice, Andreas!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Thank you Susanne and Yvette :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 8:23 pm

As far as I remember, you owned one of these rattlesnakes before and later you regreted to sell it because you didn't know it was a different species, isn't it? Wink
I also remember a friendly discussion with Christophe about the species being represented. These simple figures are not actually easy to identify to the species or subspecies level.
I am only not sure where did we get the info that it is an Aruba rattlesnake, maybe it was directly from the AZA tube leaflet or it is just marked like that. scratch
ADW has a very interesting description of the animal and curiously one of the sources is an AZA fact sheet.

ADW reads:
"As with most other rattlesnakes, Aruba Island rattlesnakes are heavy bodied, with a triangular head and a rattle-tipped tail. Dorsal scales are triangular and overlapping, with a slight keel. Diamond-shaped markings are present in a variety of colors ranging from a scarcely discernable white or rust color to an obvious dark brown or blue-gray. These markings blend into a pair of dark lines on either side of the spine which terminate at the head. The body color is also variable from light pink to dark tan, occasionally leaving the markings indistinguishable save for a small band along the spine. There are few markings on the head of this species; at most paired stripes extend from the eye toward the ventral boarder of the jaw. Conspicuous heat-sensing pits are visible below and slightly posterior to the nostrils, one on each side."
Sources: ("AZA - Aruba Island Rattlesnake Fact Sheet", 2000; ...

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 5:26 am

Roger wrote:
As far as I remember, you owned one of these rattlesnakes before and later you regreted to sell it because you didn't know it was a different species, isn't it? Wink
I also remember a friendly discussion with Christophe about the species being represented. These simple figures are not actually easy to identify to the species or subspecies level.
I am only not sure where did we get the info that it is an Aruba rattlesnake, maybe it was directly from the AZA tube leaflet or it is just marked like that. scratch
ADW has a very interesting description of the animal and curiously one of the sources is an AZA fact sheet.

ADW reads:
"As with most other rattlesnakes, Aruba Island rattlesnakes are heavy bodied, with a triangular head and a rattle-tipped tail. Dorsal scales are triangular and overlapping, with a slight keel. Diamond-shaped markings are present in a variety of colors ranging from a scarcely discernable white or rust color to an obvious dark brown or blue-gray. These markings blend into a pair of dark lines on either side of the spine which terminate at the head. The body color is also variable from light pink to dark tan, occasionally leaving the markings indistinguishable save for a small band along the spine. There are few markings on the head of this species; at most paired stripes extend from the eye toward the ventral boarder of the jaw. Conspicuous heat-sensing pits are visible below and slightly posterior to the nostrils, one on each side."

Thank you Roger, the thing what you mean was with the AAA/ Bullyland pelican that i traded with Kiki. In the past i saw that AZA tubecfor sale ( i think it was Philipp) but i was wrong to thinking there is no special specie inside. Short time later i heard there is a Aruba rattle snake in that tube, but it was toooooo late :)
I know that snake isnt perfect but it is good enough Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 10:57 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

ADW reads:

Thank you Roger, the thing what you mean was with the AAA/ Bullyland pelican that i traded with Kiki. In the past i saw that AZA tubecfor sale ( i think it was Philipp) but i was wrong to thinking there is no special specie inside. Short time later i heard there is a Aruba rattle snake in that tube, but it was toooooo late :)
I know that snake isnt perfect but it is good enough Wink

The snake is not perfect but it is more than good. It is also much probably the only replica of that species that you will see during your collecting hobby. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Made in china

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 7:07 pm

What species are they?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
What species are they?

Good question, i have only one small book for snakes :)

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Plastic snake by Elastolin from the 70s.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Nice addition Yvette :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:56 pm

A very nice oldies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 4:39 am

Wonderful model Yvette :)

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Did somebody say snakes?
I really do think that most models do not capture the beauty of real snakes.
Almost every time the colors are off ore very in acurate!
Also what schleich is doing with his newest snakes ...
with those deeper layers ... real snakes DO NOT have that .. not one! I think its a shame ...
Kids should be learning from those? make them smooth and even like the real ones Very Happy
I will thake pictures of my snakes (i do have a few soon)
But for know;
This is me with SPOCK a female from 2.40 and 12 kilo boa constrictor
and KEY a male red rainbow boa around 1.70 (don't know his wight)
I work with a lot of contrictor type snakes and (yes we really are)
give birtday party's for kids with them hahaha.
So maybe if you are in the Neterlands came pet one of my snakes they are great!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 6:38 pm

K&M eyelash viper

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Here are my two Honduras Milk Snakes: Wild Republic and an unknown company. Could it be Chap Mei?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Yes, Valérie, that's a Chap Mei. study Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 8:42 am

Applause

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, Valérie, that's a Chap Mei. study Very Happy

I should put it on TAI, then.

OK, it's in my Contributions. But where exactly do I put it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours SNAKES ;)   Show us yours SNAKES ;) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us yours SNAKES ;)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next