Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!

Go down 
+44
halichoeres
sealman72
Numa
Kiryuha
Catman
jhudstone
zirkoon
lucky luke
sabulia
mexuss
JamesPanda
Jennypurr
gryphonguy
landrover
Defteros
bmathison1972
arafan
stargatedalek
Sergey
ze_neto
Glyptemys
chestnut
Bongo
robertelephant
skysthelimit
Saien
Kikimalou
PeGe
PhocidPhreak
sbell
pipsxlch
pm64
CathB
terrorchicken
barracudacat
Florian
Stu
LeeAnn
75senta75
widukind
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Roger
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Zebra finch, I would suggest some other mutation(not the wild color),.....

Then there are suggested two kinds of Zebra Finch, - the wild one and the cage bird Very Happy

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 9:58 pm

But all colors came from the wild color, it is natural mutation, not a mix with other specie

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 10:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Zebra finch, I would suggest some other mutation(not the wild color),.....

Then there are suggested two kinds of Zebra Finch, - the wild one and the cage bird Very Happy

I'll count all of them as votes to zebra finch., so, if nobody changes it, it has 4 votes until now. The same for generic choices, as all of these in Varanus, it will go to the most voted Varanus species as it is happening with the Perentie. bounce bounce More votes please and thanks to all that voted already. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Roger wrote:
... More votes please and thanks to all that voted already. Very Happy

You mean Suggestions, - or have we begun to vote ? scratch

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

That's what I was trying to figure out--are suggestions counted as votes?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 11:05 pm

sbell wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

That's what I was trying to figure out--are suggestions counted as votes?

Now we are just suggesting, I should use this word instead of voting. In this stage, we will determine which animals have more suggestions.
Those more suggested, will later enter in a poll, in another topic, starting from zero. That poll will determine the winner and that animal will be released by Science and Nature. Obviously, Science and Nature may take some of the ideas here presented to some of future releases or not. I recall that when in 2011 we did something similar with Mojö Fun, the company ended releasing half of the figures that entered the top 10: giant sable, gaur, clouded leopard, honey badger and sunbear. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Those more suggested, will later enter in a poll, in another topic, starting from zero. That poll will determine the winner and that animal will be released by Science and Nature. Obviously, Science and Nature may take some of the ideas here presented to some of future releases or not. I recall that when in 2011 we did something similar with Mojö Fun, the company ended releasing half of the figures that entered the top 10: giant sable, gaur, clouded leopard, honey badger and sunbear. Very Happy

cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers Applause

robertelephant

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Cape Barren Goose - aka Cereopsis. a goose with luminous lime beak and purple legs, formerley very endangered
a displaying Brolga or Australia Crane,
and no one said it HAD to be native did they? one of the biggest most impresive feral wild  animals down under ,
Asian water buffalo
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 11:26 am

robertelephant wrote:
and no one said it HAD to be native did they? one of the biggest most impresive feral wild  animals down under ,
Asian water buffalo

The only preference that was mentioned is that it should be an animal of Australia. I don't know if it has to be native or not so your suggestion for a water buffalo will be considered. :)
Interesting, 3 of the top 5 until now are birds! study :)

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 3:18 pm

1.Bilby (Macrotis lagotis)

Coming to europe this year-to germany! The first one outside of australia since 1902! Very Happy

2.Numbat (Myrmecobius fasciatus)

3.Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo (Dendrolagus lumholtzi)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Bongo wrote:
1.Bilby (Macrotis lagotis)

Coming to europe this year-to germany! The first one outside of australia since 1902! Very Happy

2.Numbat (Myrmecobius fasciatus)

3.Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo (Dendrolagus lumholtzi)

Thanks bongo but Science and Nature already released a bilby and a numbat. You can see both here! Feel free to edit your post or just give different suggestions. Very Happy

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

My choices are: Zebra Finch
Brumby
Kiwi
Back to top Go down
Glyptemys

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:07 pm

One suggestion:
Velvet worm, Onychophoran, (Euperipatoides rowelli)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:42 pm

I'll vote with some friends!
1. Lyre bird, definetely a lyre bird[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2. A velvet worm should be wonderful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
3. Last but not least, a paradise bird! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Common spotted cuscus

Perentie

Comb-crested jacana

But we could choose so many great species and I absolutely agree with all your lists cheers

... I,m agree with Kiki! Wink

stargatedalek

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:33 am

Jacana and Zebra finch are both good choices, very underrepresented.

But I have to say that a zebra mantis shrimp would be my first choice.

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:06 am

That's nice! I don't own any S&N figurines, but I like that they are open for our suggestions. But do I understand it right, we can choose Australian AND New Guinean species? If so my list would be:

A Tree kangaroo, I know that Southlands will release one very soon but I want an other species, my favourite would be a Hunon:

Any of the Long-beaked echidna species:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (In this photograph a Western)

And an Black-necked stork:

And if we just can choose Australian species:
(With the stork)
A Lemuroid ringtail possum:

And a lyrebird Very Happy

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:11 am

Julodimorpha bakewelli (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julodimorpha_bakewelli).

This beetle's mating behavior forced a beer company to change the shape of its bottles! :)
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:13 am

1.- Perentie
2.-Tiger quoll
3.-Ghost bat
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:19 am

I would like, have in my hands many PVC figures

Similar to these pictures.

Thanks for this information .

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:22 am

Well, I would like a Bornean banteng (Bos javanicus lowi), a giant toad (Rhinella marina) and a powerful boobook owl (Ninox strenua). Hope the Bornean banteng and the other two animals could be released this year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:34 am

Here are some photos:
Bornean banteng
Cane toad
Powerful boobook owl

I want those animals for Science and Nature figures, please...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:35 am

Don't worry, the Bornean banteng was introduced to Australia, like the cane toad, and the boobook owl is endemic. Don't worry.
Back to top Go down
gryphonguy

Country/State : USA, Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:22 am

1. Victorian crowned pigeon, 2. Greater bird of paradise, 3. Grey-headed flying fox.
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian Animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 4:06 am

jocolor

My choices are Spotted Quoll, the dugong, and the Bird of Paradise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next