Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!

Go down 
+44
halichoeres
sealman72
Numa
Kiryuha
Catman
jhudstone
zirkoon
lucky luke
sabulia
mexuss
JamesPanda
Jennypurr
gryphonguy
landrover
Defteros
bmathison1972
arafan
stargatedalek
Sergey
ze_neto
Glyptemys
chestnut
Bongo
robertelephant
skysthelimit
Saien
Kikimalou
PeGe
PhocidPhreak
sbell
pipsxlch
pm64
CathB
terrorchicken
barracudacat
Florian
Stu
LeeAnn
75senta75
widukind
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Roger
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyMon 09 Jan 2017, 04:30

Great news and wonderful for STS ! Thank you SCience and Nature !

My choices will be mix of endangered and least concern , marsupials , marine and reptile !! ( missing out on the feathered friends )
1. Varanus Giganteus (Goanna/ Perentie)
2. Handfish
3. Common spotted Cuscus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Aquatic life needs some representation I chose the Amazing spotted  handfish (anglerfish )of Australia which is now critically endangered Neutral

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyMon 09 Jan 2017, 05:27

Thank you Science & Nature.

1, Bird of Paradise
2, Lyrebird
3, Black-necked stork

Yes, I do prefer birds Cool
Back to top Go down
mexuss

mexuss

Country/State : Verona, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyMon 09 Jan 2017, 11:14

1. Tree kangaroo

2. Common spotted cuscus

3. Long-beaked echidna
Back to top Go down
sabulia

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyMon 09 Jan 2017, 12:21

Rainbow Lorikeet
Quoll
Australian Bustard

All of which I saw in Oz. Ok the Quoll was a skin
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyMon 09 Jan 2017, 21:26

Sergey wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Common spotted cuscus

Perentie

Comb-crested jacana

But we could choose so many great species and I absolutely agree with all your lists cheers

... I,m agree with Kiki! Wink

.. I,m agree with Kiki! bounce cheers Applause monkey Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyMon 09 Jan 2017, 21:57

No lyrebird ? Shocked Sad

zirkoon

zirkoon

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyMon 09 Jan 2017, 23:32

1. Common spotted cuscus
2. Tawny frogmouth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. Black-necked stork
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 00:50

Awesome opportunity!

I would be interested in a:

1. Tree Kangaroo

2. Striped Possum

3. Greater Glider

Back to top Go down
Catman

Country/State : Calif.

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 04:11

Dingos
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 07:54

Catman wrote:
Dingos

S1N made already two dingos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 11:09

Many thanks to Science and Nature for this opportunity!
Cockatoos are definitely my priority. Let's take two of them:
1. Galah the rose-breasted cockatoo - my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with no doubt!
2. Major Mitchell's cockatoo

And let number three be the largest monitor lizard native to Australia:
3. Perentie

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 15:00

My choices based on unusual animals never made before (as far as I am aware):

Reptiles

Perentie

Bird

Top Notch Pigeon OR Austrlian Ibis

Mammal

We need tree kangaroos! My favourite is Goodfellowe's but that is from New Guinea so these are the two Australian ones.  I am surprised no one has ever asked for Tree Kangaroos from any of the brands before.....

Bennetts Tree Kangaroo

Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo
Back to top Go down
sealman72

sealman72

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 17:15

My choice :

Tiger quoll - Dasyurus maculatus

Tree Kangaroo - Dendrolagus sp.- any species

Australian Bustard - Ardeotis australis

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 17:48

This is wonderful cheers
There are many, many fascinating animals in Australia, and here we see a lot of them bounce Applause

halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017, 23:26

Nobody has explicitly said so, but this seems very focused on living animals. I for one would be most excited for some of Australia's interesting extinct animals, especially:

Soederberghia, a Devonian lungfish

Canowindra, an early tetrapod relative

Notochelone or Cratochelone, sea turtles of the Cretaceous

I don't really collect extant animals, but if that's all Science and Nature produces in the future I will still be happy for those who get their wishes! :)
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017, 02:25

So many possibilities, but here goes:
1. Bird of paradise
2. Cane toad
3. Lyrebird
Back to top Go down
hirscheber

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017, 16:13

I would suggest:
Bush-turkey
lyrebird
tree kangaroo
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017, 17:47

hirscheber wrote:
I would suggest:
Bush-turkey
lyrebird
tree kangaroo

Welcome und willkommen aus Dresden :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017, 22:49

Tiger Quoll
Yellow footed rock Wallaby
Tree Kangaroo

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017, 23:18

widukind wrote:
hirscheber wrote:
I would suggest:
Bush-turkey
lyrebird
tree kangaroo

Hello, Hirscheber cheers

I can see that you have been a member for several years, - good to see you come forward Very Happy

hirscheber

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017, 22:51

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:
hirscheber wrote:
I would suggest:
Bush-turkey
lyrebird
tree kangaroo

Hello, Hirscheber cheers

I can see that you have been a member for several years, - good to see you come forward Very Happy

Thanks for the warm welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017, 18:45

Tree Kangaroo
Lyrebird
Zebra Finch

I used to have a small flock of pet zebra finches, they are a great bird. I think the wild version is preferable first, and they could always do repaints of domestic variants later.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017, 00:03

My choices are:
Sugar glider
Perentie
Black flying fox

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017, 00:23

Thanks to all 45 members that voted with a incredibly diversified lot of suggestions.

The first selection of 10 species [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are:

- Australian brushturkey (Alectura lathami)
- Comb-crested jacana (Irediparra gallinacea)
- Common spotted cuscus (Spilocuscus maculatus)
- Greater bird of paradise (Paradisaea apoda)
- Perentie (Varanus giganteus)
- Superb lyrebird (Menura novaehollandiae)
- Tiger quoll (Dasyurus maculatus)
- Ursine tree-kangaroo (Dendrolagus ursinus)
- Western long-beaked echidna (Zaglossus bruijni)
- Zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata)

As some suggestions were not made to the species level, these were validated to the corresponding species with the biggest number of choices.
List is sorted alphabetically and not according with the number of suggestions.

PostSubject: Re: Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!   Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Choose 3 Australian animals to be included in Science and Nature range!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3