Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
+4
Tarunyada
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks to Valérie's recent posts about Toy Major, I am trying to sort these figures at Toy Animal Wiki.
It is not easy at all, we don't have a catalogue and Toy Major has already released a vaste lot of sets with figures of all sizes and sorts.
However, I believe it is possible to group them in a comprehensive way as long as we use some information.
Most Toy Major figures are marked with copyright, year, brand logo (TM in an oval), animal name and a letter, as you can see on the picture below.
I know there are several of these figures among our friends' collections, they are often regarded just as random China figures but you can check easily if they're Toy Major or not.
So, pictures are very important to start grouping these series and see which surprises the brand still has reserved for us.
Adding to what is marked in each figure, it could be good to know if it is hollow or solide and how it compares in size with major companies.

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TM-1998-Wildbeest-D-marked

Thanks!

Last edited by Roger on Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 12:06 pm

There are some in the "Save Wildlife" page, but I have not taken them out of the sealed bags.
Perhaps I should. They aren't worth gold, after all scratch

I have these  also :
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TMBaboon2005
Baboon, 2005, solid

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TMCheetah_Black1998
Cheetah ( Yes it does say chettah !!!), hollow, 1998.

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TMmountain_Goat1997
Mountain goat, solid, 1997

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TMReindeer1997
Reindeer, solid, 1997

I can mail the pictures to you if that is easier for you ?

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Susanne, very efficient as usual! cheers
No, you don't need to remove these Fina figures from their original bags. You got the complete series and in sealed bags and I like that it is presented like that at Toy Animal Wiki.
These molds, as far as I know, are not exclusive to that series so we can later introduce them also on Toy Major Wildlife page using pictures from other members that have them unsealed. Idea
You also don't need to send these great pictures to me, I can save them easily from this topic and I will upload them on TAI as soon as possible. Very Happy Strange cheetah indeed but also a good example why it is good to know what is marked in each figure. Very Happy
Only a little request, what about the greater kudu of the picture I posted on first post? Don't you have it anymore? It may help me with a kudu confusion I have at the moment. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Thankyou for your kind and wise words, Croger drunken

Roger wrote:
Only a little request, what about the greater kudu of the picture I posted on first post? Don't you have it anymore? It may help me with a kudu confusion I have at the moment. Laughing

Ohhh! Roger, how could I forget this little beauty !!! affraid
He was hiding on a shelf together with a flock friends from other brands Very Happy

It seems that you know my collection better than I do cheers

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TKGr_Kudu_Small1998

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TKGr_Kudu_Small1998_Front

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki TKGr_Kudu_Small1998_Tail

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:17 pm

The reindeer looks interesting

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks Susanne, it seems your kudu belongs to an interesting African set. Very Happy

widukind wrote:
The reindeer looks interesting

... and it has what may be one of the rare reindeer calves in toy shape. My apologies to the owner of the picture but I've lost the source. pale
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Animals_Forest_900414

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:29 pm

It looks that Toy Major have some more interesting figurines :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 3:30 pm

I have two pictures of my Toy Major figurines to share, but I'm sure I have some more figurines from this brand! At least one lioness, but I have to check when I'm home again. For now, I have these two:

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki 6149260_orig
Humpback Whale
Solid
About 20-25cm long

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki 41_orig
Wildebeest
1994 (?)
Solid
Smaller than Schleich
Taller than tube-size

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Thanks Julie, actually you already entered the humpback whale on TAI. You even identified the scale as 1:75. I've once found a picture of a 1994 Toy Major manta ray marked with 1:30 scale, so, if the humpback is also marked with scale, it may be from the same series.
The wildebeest is also from 1994? the other figures I know from that year are really big so it may represent a kind of series of African animals in small size. study

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Julie, actually you already entered the humpback whale on TAI. You even identified the scale as 1:75. I've once found a picture of a 1994 Toy Major manta ray marked with 1:30 scale, so, if the humpback is also marked with scale, it may be from the same series.
The wildebeest is also from 1994? the other figures I know from that year are really big so it may represent a kind of series of African animals in small size.  study

Ha, now I see it! I completely missed it Laughing

I'm not sure about the release year of the wildebeest, I can be completely wrong with 1994. I'll check as soon as I'm home again! Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 pm

Today, almost accidentally, I've found a Toy Major figure in a flea market. It is a solide figure, Schleich sized, marked Toy Major Trading Co, 2006, Made in China, 1052-P8.
It feels and weighs like a Schleich figure of its time. Shocked elephant

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Toy-Major-2006-1052-P8-African-Elephant

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 am

A nice elephant. It is crazy how many rare or unknown figures exists.

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Oh! Then, I will add this comment about my own TM collection: ALL MY TOY MAJOR FIGURES ARE HOLLOW. The only "solid" part a TM piece has in my collection, is the manubrium of my Black Sea Nettle. Its bell is hollow. Like all my TM figures.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 12:29 am

Actually I am quite curious about this elephant. It rivals in quality with the Schleich counterpart retired two years before and it is manufactured with a similar material. It weighs 238 g what is a respectable weight for a standard sized elephant figure. Very Happy

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 2:53 am

Hello,
I have also some Toy Major animals. I will take fotos of all of them.
I start here with some TM  from 1994. This TM-Figures are bendable Figures!!!!
TM 1994 Bear and TM 1994 Donkey.
Benno.
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm-19914
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm-19913
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm-19912
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm-19915
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm-19916
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm-19917
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm-19918
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 10:28 am

Beno, what a unusual donkey! Very Happy
I opened a page on TAW for Toy Major Bendable Animals and I uploaded both bear and donkey. I had no idea bendable figures existed from TM but this company seems to have produced every kind of model.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Wonderful models! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 10:14 pm

Here are the Toy Major dogs I have.
American Cocker Spaniel.
Smooth coated Dachshund.
Doberman.
The last one I think is marked Cocker Spaniel but its an English Springer Spaniel,but will need to check.
Hammerhead Shark.
Lioness.
Hippo.
Indian Rhino.

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_ame10
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_dac10
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_dob10
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_eng10
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_ham10
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_lio12
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_hip10
Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Tm_ind10

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 11:01 pm

Those dogs!!! cheers cheers cheers
Dogs by Toy Major are so hard to find now, but they made so many beauties, and here are always new model to discover like AAA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki EmptyMon May 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Taos wrote:
Here are the Toy Major dogs I have.
American Cocker Spaniel.
Smooth coated Dachshund.
Doberman.
The last one I think is marked Cocker Spaniel but its an English Springer Spaniel,but will need to check.
Hammerhead Shark.
Lioness.
Hippo.
Indian Rhino.

Taylor, it is only possible to sort Toy major models knowing what they have marked, namely the year and eventually a letter when it is available.
If you have the chance of checking it, I'd be glad of uploading these pictures on TAW.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki   Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki Empty

Back to top Go down

Asking for Toy Major pictures for Toy Animal Wiki
Page 1 of 1