Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+5
Ana
SUSANNE
costicuba
widukind
Roger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Okay it isn't the most recent Southlends replicas model and we already seen good pics of the guy on STS.

Alas I'm getting older so I don't work as quickly as I would like. On the other hand, the older I am the more I do what I want when I want Laughing

So what about the "Marsupial lion"? This animal roamed Australia 1.6 million to 40,000 years ago. This was a Diprotodont marsupial, just like koalas and kangaroos, but it was a fierce and powerful meat eater. Pound for pound, Thylacoleo carnifex had the strongest bite of any mammal species living or extinct; a T. carnifex weighing 101 kg (223 lb) had a bite comparable to that of a 250-kg African lion. It also had extremely strong fore limbs, with retractable, cat-like claws, a trait previously unseen in marsupials. It also possessed enormous hooded claws set on large semiopposable thumbs, which were used to capture and disembowel prey. The long muscular tail was similar to that of a kangaroo. Specialized tail bones called chevrons allowed the animal to tripod itself, and freed the front legs for slashing and grasping.

A lot of fossiles exists so his anatomy is well known and rock paintings show us what the animal looked like.

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Figure1big.jpg_original

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Thylacoleo.jpg_original

Jason made a very good work, his model is very accurate and the pose isn't static Applause

And now a few pics

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_1

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_2

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_3

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_4

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_5

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_6

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_7

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_8

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_9

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_10

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_11

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Southlands_Replicas_00001_Thylacoleo_Carnifex_12

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 4:35 pm

It is really wonderful when you have time to show one of your figures in your walk arounds! Very Happy
It is again a fabulous presentation of one of the most exciting releases of extinct animals in these last times.
Marsupial lions are very curious animals, the way how their hindlimbs look underdeveloped when compared with their forelimbs is quite strange. Mainly when we take kangaroos as a reference. Laughing Evolution was again sublime both in divergent and convergent ways. Very Happy
I have it too thanks to Susanne and I am never tired of saying that Southlands Replicas is one of the most exciting happenings of the recent story of this hobby. I think the panorama is currently very rich, we have lots and lots of good figures being continuously released and it is not easy for a new brand to find some place in this business. Southlands brought a concept with a single continent being represented, recovered the idea of the use of figures at a certain scale , together with a top sculpting quality and a irreprochable manufacturing despite the challenging patterns and poses. I will really try to collect them all as long as this phylosophy is preserved. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 7:17 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Kiki, I love your walkarounds - with information and wonderful photos.
And I also love this model. It is my favorite model of prehistoric mammal ..and it stays close to my computer now ...so I`m watching your photos and I`m watching my model at the same time Very Happy

It has so charming- funny face What a Face ...it is something between Beaver and Cat Laughing
I love it !
And I really like the way Jason and Southlands have done this model.
Great sculpture, great pose, great details, great paint work and colors...
great quality of the plastic material...
Great company !
Great walkaround !!! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 7:24 am

Thank you Rogério, Andreas and Kosta sunny

@Rogério: Yes this Thylacoleo is a very pleasant surprise from Jason, Southlands Replicas is the big great news for 2017 in my collector life. Knowing our friend, I know we will see wonders in our shelves. First time animal toys, great pose and sculpt, great painting and cheap price… What else?
About the beast, of course it is very different from a kangaroo but i think the weirdest is the kangaroo. affraid Koalas and wombats are also diprotodonts. Wink

@Kosta: Funny face indeed for a terrible predator. On thing I especially like on the face are the eyes, they are not catlike and I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 8:43 am

I can certainly secon  ( or third?) what Roger and Kosta writes : it is SO wonderful to see a new walkaround from you , Christope cheers Applause

This model so very, very interesting and so incredibly well made !!!!
And with your comments I now understand it much better cheers study
For instance, now I know what the chevrons are in the animal Idea I thought it was some pattern in the fur Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you Susanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 5:04 pm

This is a really wonderful model. Very expressive, realistic and done with exceptionally good research Very Happy Very impressive! Applause
The photos and walk around are excellent! Thank you for sharing Christophe! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Thank you to be here Anna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
@Rogério: Yes this Thylacoleo is a very pleasant surprise from Jason, Southlands Replicas is the big great news for 2017 in my collector life. Knowing our friend, I know we will see wonders in our shelves. First time animal toys, great pose and sculpt, great painting and cheap price… What else?
About the beast, of course it is very different from a kangaroo but i think the weirdest is the kangaroo. affraid Koalas and wombats are also diprotodonts. Wink

You're right as usual, kangaroos are really the weirdest, while most marsupials have some references to non related animals due to morphological similarities, f.i., this marsupial lion, Tasmanian wolf, koala bear, etc. kangaroos are not similar to anything we know. If we were not as used to them due to media, I am sure we could easily get shocked watching it for the first time. Very Happy

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Ana wrote:
This is a really wonderful model. Very expressive, realistic and done with exceptionally good research Very Happy Very impressive! Applause
The photos and walk around are excellent! Thank you for sharing Christophe! cheers

I agree with you. It certainly was done with a exceptional amount of research, and it shows. I also have this sculpt and it is stunning. So are the walk around photos.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Thank you smilodoncalifornicus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you smilodoncalifornicus Very Happy

Your very welcome Christophe
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Wonderful model Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2019 2:20 pm

I did'nt know this rocky painting ot a T. carnifex, thank you Christophe! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou   Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1