Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them

Go down 
+24
Gecko08
Gwaine
ze_neto
ghostme9
Saarlooswolfhound
donny ong
arafan
NightLioness
Tarunyada
stargatedalek
pokeyanyway
Takama
Roger
JamesPanda
robinhoodfan
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Numa
Benga
sbell
widukind
Ana
Defteros
Kikimalou
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:04 pm

First of all thank you for sharing that and of trying to talk to them. 

And really don't know what to say, I'm really sorry that I shared the pictures, I didn't know that I shouldn't have done that. And I'll promise that I won't share any more pictures of Schleich, to be honest I won't even share any picture made by Schleich. And it's so sad that they're making all these problems now, I think that these "problems" exist since the beginning of the forum and they never said anything. I was really excited to see the colaboration, I don't think they really were interessted in that, and that's a shame!

Country/State : indonesia

Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:09 am

Thank you Christophe, Yvette, Roger and LeeAnn.

It doesn't make sense. Absurd.

Back to top Go down
stargatedalek

stargatedalek

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Takama wrote:
Im almost reluctant to remove those photos.   They brainwash small buisness into thinking there the best toys out there, and forge reviews on Amazon so why do they deserv our respect? This is almost ludacriss     they should know that this is the internet, and stuff will get out if it enters the internet. Hell Safari has a better time hideing stuff then they ever could. ITs almost like there blameing us for there Screw up.
Just add your own watermark, problem solved.

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 12:07 am

stargatedalek wrote:
Takama wrote:
Im almost reluctant to remove those photos.   They brainwash small buisness into thinking there the best toys out there, and forge reviews on Amazon so why do they deserv our respect? This is almost ludacriss     they should know that this is the internet, and stuff will get out if it enters the internet. Hell Safari has a better time hideing stuff then they ever could. ITs almost like there blameing us for there Screw up.
Just add your own watermark, problem solved.

IF i knew how to do that, i would.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 1:18 am

Takama wrote:

It's not hard Very Happy Download GIMP (free software, it's basically a free Photoshop), and you can easily add a watermark from there. If you need assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. Just as an example this what I use currently - I've had issues with my photos stolen in the past and since I added a watermark I've had no problems Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Something that goes across the model is the best, so people can't easily crop the watermark off. I know it's obnoxious but at least it's semi-transparent so it's not so "in your face." Of course someone good enough in Photoshop can remove it (and honestly it's not difficult if you know what you're doing, could be a bit time consuming but that's it) but they would have to be bound determined to steal photos to do that. And of course it doesn't have to be this large.

I know [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  has an option to add a watermark, I believe Flickr does as well? Though I believe both of those are simply black text in the corner of the photo, not covering the model which is ideal.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 5:37 am

Thanks to everyone who helped get this issue cleared up and clarified a little more.

I can understand the issue since stores were asked not to share and did anyways, and if I had to guess a lot of this is because of pressure from other companies they have legal contracts with (Marvel, Smurfs, etc.) for advertising etc. and from other businesses as the reply describes. As a forum we are merely excited for the work they are doing and trying to support them, so maybe in the future the rules might be lighter for their other product lines not connected to other contracted use companies...? I guess the best thing is to just respect what has been asked for now, and maybe in the future there will be a better relationship.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
ghostme9

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 pm

One day Schleich will realise that we are Loyal Customers.  We are what will keep their company afloat. We will promote their products and unlike general consumers, we will catch and forgive them if they make a mistake. The problem is, they will realise this too late.  Clearly associates from Schleich are viewing this forum.  Instead of reading and sending legal emails - why not contribute, grow the community, promote well being and excitement.  Don't be just a business, be a business that relates, responds and communicates with your customers.  Without this, you will fail.  

I think its time to start the revolution - lets make a different brand more popular, lets  cheers  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  cheers  and give it to a brand who cares about us, and our hard earned cash!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thanks to everyone who helped get this issue cleared up and clarified a little more.

I can understand the issue since stores were asked not to share and did anyways, and if I had to guess a lot of this is because of pressure from other companies they have legal contracts with (Marvel, Smurfs, etc.) for advertising etc. and from other businesses as the reply describes. As a forum we are merely excited for the work they are doing and trying to support them, so maybe in the future the rules might be lighter for their other product lines not connected to other contracted use companies...? I guess the best thing is to just respect what has been asked for now, and maybe in the future there will be a better relationship.

Paige, you are the most understandig, positive person I have the pleasure to know cheers
You are right, - the animal models and the contract busines are two different things , and we are generally not interested in the licence products.

It is a question if a compagny can hold cards close, if first pictures are out,  in these days of the internet. It is like keeping water in a sieve  Suspect

An extreme and rather funny example : My son says that some computer-game compagny still thinks they can launch a new game in one country and keep it secret in other countries Laughing

Others participate in the game, and make cometitions of who can guess what is comming up   Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:21 pm

ghostme9 wrote:
One day Schleich will realise that we are Loyal Customers.  We are what will keep their company afloat. We will promote their products and unlike general consumers, we will catch and forgive them if they make a mistake. The problem is, they will realise this too late.  Clearly associates from Schleich are viewing this forum.  Instead of reading and sending legal emails - why not contribute, grow the community, promote well being and excitement.  Don't be just a business, be a business that relates, responds and communicates with your customers.  Without this, you will fail.  

I think its time to start the revolution - lets make a different brand more popular, lets  cheers  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  cheers  and give it to a brand who cares about us, and our hard earned cash!

Hmmm. I think that we, the collectors, are really a tiny little fraction of a percentage of their customers.
For example here in Denmark, - I gues they sell hundreds of thousands of models each year, and as far as I know, we are only two faithful collectors...who by the way buy our models from German e-stores Laughing
The rest are children or buy them for children.

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Takama wrote:

It's not hard Very Happy Download GIMP (free software, it's basically a free Photoshop), and you can easily add a watermark from there. If you need assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. Just as an example this what I use currently - I've had issues with my photos stolen in the past and since I added a watermark I've had no problems Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Something that goes across the model is the best, so people can't easily crop the watermark off. I know it's obnoxious but at least it's semi-transparent so it's not so "in your face." Of course someone good enough in Photoshop can remove it (and honestly it's not difficult if you know what you're doing, could be a bit time consuming but that's it) but they would have to be bound determined to steal photos to do that. And of course it doesn't have to be this large.

I know [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  has an option to add a watermark, I believe Flickr does as well? Though I believe both of those are simply black text in the corner of the photo, not covering the model which is ideal.

Thank you for that. However i dont think i will be trying it anytime soon. At least i have the Images saved to my computer.

Back to top Go down
robinhoodfan

robinhoodfan

Country/State : USA, NY

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Resurrecting this thread because I came across this article today. This is a prime example of people not following the rules companies give them and how it can effect business. While in this case, the poster of the picture did nothing wrong because they took it in a public setting of an item they could buy, Target is the one that would take the heat here and that did the wrong thing by putting them out too early. (Unless a box slipped the factory unknowingly, there's no other excuse--however I have the feeling Target was not supposed to put them out yet and did). It really can put a damper on company tactics and could definitely hurt business. THIS is what I believe schleich is trying to avoid when they ask to please refrain from posting insider secrets pre-their info release dates.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway..just thought it was a good comparison to this situation and thought I'd share

http://artbycriley.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Oh wow that's interesting! I didn't hear that part of the story, I just heard it was announced early. Kinda cool because this is a local company, I live about a half hour from the factory Very Happy

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Why don't we send emails to Schleich telling them how upset we are? I think we can arrange e common mesage, with similar terms. I'd suggest that in face of such mistreatment, not only we w'ont post their photos anymore (we don't have much option, that's a fact) but also we won't be announcing their new models anymore. I myself do not intend to buy any other Schleich miniature.

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 4:49 pm

ze_neto wrote:
Why don't we send emails to Schleich telling them how upset we are? I think we can arrange e common mesage, with similar terms. I'd suggest that in face of such mistreatment, not only we w'ont post their photos anymore (we don't have much option, that's a fact) but also we won't be announcing their new models anymore. I myself do not intend to buy any other Schleich miniature.

Not to rain on your parade, but as SUSANNE said, we as collectors are not their main consumers and there are plenty of people on this forum that do enjoy this brand.
I am in no way pleased with their current policy of releasing photo's at a snailpace and keeping half of it a secret until late may at it's earliest, but I do enjoy the brand for the most part.

Writing emails is likely the most we can do and I doubt that will be very effective. Maybe a group email, signed by all the members interested might make them frown a little, but I don't think there is much more to it.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Schleich Defined should not have done this. This is the most cynical thing I have ever seen from any of these toy companies. While some of the Schleich figures are good and accurate (see 2019 Spinosaurus), a good majority are inaccurate or outright sad looking. They shouldn’t be trying to limit the way people promote their figures.

Back to top Go down
Loustic

Loustic

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm

3 months before. So it means that in early October we can show them publicly? (on the forum, on YouTube, ...)

Back to top Go down
https://messchleich.jimdo.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 7:42 pm

I think the best rule is when SCHLEICH themselves post the photos on social media and their website, then we can share.

Believe me, we all the feel the same on this topic. But in order to keep this online collecting space safe we need to follow this request.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Sugarrosestudios

Sugarrosestudios

Country/State : Saratoga Springs

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 8:23 pm

I’m not sure this really makes sense if someone online stores have already posted pictures 🌝
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Loustic wrote:
3 months before. So it means that in early October we can show them publicly? (on the forum, on YouTube, ...)

1 or 2 months before the products hit the stores.
So if the items are for December, then early October but early November to be more safe.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 8:41 pm

Sugarrosestudios wrote:
I’m not sure this really makes sense if someone online stores have already posted pictures 🌝

The stores aren't supposed to share the photos early, that is the main issue of this controversy with this brand. But Karin knows more than I on this subject, so early November is what I would go with.

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Sugarrosestudios wrote:

The stores aren't supposed to share the photos early, that is the main issue of this controversy with this brand. But Karin knows more than I on this subject, so early November is what I would go with.

Trust me, I don't like it either.
However, Schleich has contacted STS (even called with one of the admins) that it is against their policy to share pictures early. And, they have the right to say this as it is copyright material (that's why pictures taken by us of the new figures on a toy fair, are allowed, because the photos are property of the photographer).

1 or 2 months before the items are in store.
I respect Schleich and therefore their voice on this forum.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Yes, no one here likes the situation but it is what it is... and to avoid trouble with them it is best to respect their request.

Back to top Go down
Loustic

Loustic

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 pm

Thank you for the additional information. :)

Back to top Go down
https://messchleich.jimdo.com/
stargatedalek

stargatedalek

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 9:45 pm

What rubs me the wrong way is the disallowing of links to see images posted elsewhere. Linking to things like other forum sites or social media pages that have the images hosted is an action taken by an individual member and not representative of the site or its staff. Preventing members from doing that feels more than a little gross, like you might be playing into the unreasonable demands of a large company just a little too much...

Buzzcocks

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 7:03 pm

Defteros wrote:
Schleich has the worst quality in sculpting, painting and accuracy amongst the animal figures producers, and they complain about free publicity? Fine for me.

So maybe they aren't good but they probably one of the best sculpting ever for this your wrong the worst quality in sculpting is collectA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them   Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Copyrights of Schleich official pictures and the way we can use them
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next