Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Your Amphibians!

Go down 
+25
sunny
sbell
Jill
Bonnie
landrover
QuollMate
bmathison1972
Caracal
Pardofelis
Tarunyada
Kikimalou
A.R.Garcia
Dum_my
widukind
zirkoon
lucky luke
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
halichoeres
75senta75
Roger
NightLioness
Anne from Norway
Masoud
LeeAnn
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat May 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
A.R.Garcia wrote:
Interesting collections, with so many beautiful amphibians!

I managed to finally gather most of my amphibians into pictures, so now I can share them here. Very Happy

The frog on the upper left might be my first frog. The fishing lure frog below I also got when I was very young, from a zoo gift shop. On the right: K&M International southern two-lined salamander, unbranded tiny crested newt, glow-in-the-dark emperor newt

That's all, for now! tongue

Hey @A.R.Garcia, question--who made the emperor newt? I've never seen one as a figure.

Sean, I know you're not asking me but I think you can find the answer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

That's excellent to know. It sounds like it's pretty hard to find in painted form

Actually I think we don't know anything about Great Explorations. The other figure we know is what seems to be a eyed ladybug on Blaine's collection. Another very unusual animal. It seems Walmart sells glow-in-the-dark stars branded Great Explorations, I have no idea if it is the same brand.
Interesting in that picture is also the K&M two-lined salamander, probably the same mould as this fire salamander.

Most of the time, K&M would reuse the same mold for several species, so that's very likely.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat May 15, 2021 11:23 pm

Thanks Sean, I must study which of all these species fits better the mould to join to my team. :)

Time to update my salamanders, both Kitan and the Safari great crested newt are new additions. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat May 15, 2021 11:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Sean, I must study which of all these species fits better the mould to join to my team. :)

Time to update my salamanders, both Kitan and the Safari great crested newt are new additions. Very Happy

I can promise you that the blue salamander does not suit the mould at all!
But it's still pretty unique.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySun May 16, 2021 8:31 am

Roger wrote:

Nice update :) I think the other SUYs wait also of your update Wink Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Sun May 16, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySun May 16, 2021 10:44 am

[quote="widukind"]
Roger wrote:

Nice update :) I think the others SUYs wait also of your update Wink Wink

thanks but most of my collection is still not with me. My salamanders are all with me because I started to collect them recently.
However you are right and besides the SUY topics, I really must update my additions topic. Sleep

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySun May 16, 2021 11:12 am

How exciting, we can now see some of our Roger's additions, and I cannot wait to see your additions topic update! cheers cheers bounce
So many beautiful Salamandors, they all look so realistic- maybe they are alive! affraid Laughing
I love the Kitan one, definitely a Japanese masterpiece! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Bonnie wrote:
How exciting, we can now see some of our Roger's additions, and I cannot wait to see your additions topic update! cheers cheers bounce
So many beautiful Salamandors, they all look so realistic- maybe they are alive! affraid Laughing
I love the Kitan one, definitely a Japanese masterpiece! Very Happy

Yes, Kitan salamanders look like they're alive. I think the Safari from the Tennessee Aquarium are very nice and lifesized models.
Because of you I noticed I forgot one of my salamanders, a Safari, unfortunately not the Tennessee Aquarium but the little mudpuppy from the Great Lakes Toob.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:13 pm

Oh yes- the lovely little Safari one too! cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 9:31 am

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 5:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 6:45 pm

Very beautiful salamanders collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Peterkin

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Lovely Peterkin frogs, and part of a great set too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 7:11 am

Thanks Bonnie

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 4:30 pm

newcomer

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyMon May 23, 2022 6:10 pm

newcomers

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 10:49 am

my frogs:

found on a flea market..

.. and with more little ones arrived in a lot.

Do they realy exist? Shocked
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 9:00 pm

so cute Alain! especially the tiny ones Very Happy it's like they are wearing gloves and socks
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 am

Do you know their brands or can you sort them in sets? I believe almost all of them are identifiable to the species level.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 9:26 am

The little ones are just marqued "made in China" and there is no mark at all on the others.. :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 1:43 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Caracal wrote:
The little ones are just marqued "made in China" and there is no mark at all on the others.. :)

Could you group those of the same set of the Dendrobates leucomelas and take a picture for me?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 11:30 pm

It is the first picture Rogério! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 1:13 am

Caracal wrote:
It is the first picture Rogério! :)

OK, so here are my guesses.
I think this set is identifiable with the usual doubts.
First is hard to tell, maybe Oophaga pumilio “Cauchero” but very doubtfull.
The other models intend likely to represent:
Strawberry dart frog
Panamanian golden frog
Yellow-banded poison dart frog
Blue poison dart frog

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 10:04 am

Very Happy  OK Thank you Rogério!

Embarassed I finaly found they all are marked "poison frog Safari Miami made in China" but it's carved so little!.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Amphibians!    Show Us Your Amphibians!  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Your Amphibians!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next