Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo Fun Shire Horse

Go down 
+13
codru
75senta75
SyLoBe
Roger
Tove
Takama
onatello
barracudacat
Florian
SUSANNE
NightLioness
widukind
sortepletter
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

Mojo Fun Shire Horse Empty
PostSubject: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyWed May 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Shire Horse gelding, really well made. Paintwork very good but damages quite easily. Even freeing him from his plastic bag left a bad rub on the hindleg. The legs are soft and rubbery as with all new Mojo horses and can be bent in all directions
Mojo Fun Shire Horse I27396bd4lal

Mojo Fun Shire Horse I27397byi6ah

Mojo Fun Shire Horse I27398bdwa7c

Mojo Fun Shire Horse I27399b1g49b
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyWed May 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Congratulations :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:06 pm

Florian already made a video on Facebook and informed Mojo Fun about it. It seems their new plastic is not working good. Such a shame as it is a beautiful horse!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:22 pm

Holy Hamster !!! Are the legs hollow ? affraid

But a fantastic model ! Thankyou very much for sharing cheers

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi, I got mine with exactly the same problem ! I contacted Mojo for this problem ! They replied me they would do something and they would resolve the problem. They also replied me I would get a replacement for my pieces ! I exactly had the same problem with the dinosaurs (T-Rex and Allosaurus). I think they understand it is a big problem because it shows a regression of the plastic's quality.

sortepletter

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 12:48 am

I got the impression it's not really plastic at all but rather some sort of rubber. They are so soft, I can even bend the horse's heads.
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am

sortepletter wrote:
I got the impression it's not really plastic at all but rather some sort of rubber. They are so soft, I can even bend the  horse's heads.

Yes me too, it is exactly the same !

barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Congratulations of acquiring this beautiful figure!  It's such a shame about the plastic quality.  I can't imagine this would stand up to much rough housing or play.  However, if they are able to fix it, this piece looks like a must have.
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 8:59 pm

The sculpt is beautiful, paintjob is nice, but the jelly material is...dissapointing pale
Is there way to fix the bent legs? Mine is on a way, I hope he will be ok...

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Oh, I so hope they will fix the plastic issue, it does look way too soft! Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Ana wrote:
Oh, I so hope they will fix the plastic issue, it does look way too soft! Shocked

My Friese horse is probably the same material, but I would say you need to use force to bend the legs that much scratch
On the other hand, it is amazing that the paint can endure that kind of treatment Laughing

sortepletter

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 3:57 pm

I had some fun with my Shire and taught him new tricks Laughing
Mojo Fun Shire Horse I27432btqnkl
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 7:54 pm

sortepletter wrote:
I had some fun with my Shire and taught him new tricks Laughing
Mojo Fun Shire Horse I27432btqnkl

what a gymnast! lol!

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 10:08 pm

If the legs bend back to the same position after that kind of treatment, I don't really see an issue with the material used.
As long as things don't warp or get deformed and the paint doesn't suffer form it, does it really matter it's not solid plastic but instead this rubbery material?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
If the legs bend back to the same position after that kind of treatment, I don't really see an issue with the material used.
As long as things don't warp or get deformed and the paint doesn't suffer form it, does it really matter it's not solid plastic but instead this rubbery material?

I think so too. And again, it is not easy to bend them so much ( If this one is like the Friesian). Shocked

Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Mojo Stated that they are using a New Plastic Called TPR, instead of PVC
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 12:13 am

I got my Shire horse today and he is beautiful. I love you The new material seems not to be a problem, and you have to use much force to bend the legs as it is shown on the pictures. I was very pleased when I at last hold him in my hands, especially after seeing this terrible bended legs.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 12:44 am

It is all very interesting but I am not sure Mojö made the best decision here. As Takama just informed through Mojö, it is a TPR and not a PVC. Checking how elastic it is, it is evident now that it couldn't be any kind of PVC. The use of TPR in toy animal figures is not new. It turns figures more resistant to stress, thus, much harder to break. I believe also this material is less shocking. It do really not deformes once it recovers easily the original shape. However, this material is not very appreciated among collectors and I know many customers also do not connect it with quality, contrarily with what happens with a dense pvc. Mojö keeps experiencing different materials to their figures, I believe it is not easy to find the best formula and who works directly with these materials, is much more experienced than we are. However, using this material in a mould like this one doesn't seem to be an adjusted idea. It is a draft horse, a very robuste figure without any delicate parts, a conventional pvc would not surely cause any incovenience to this figure. I know that when we watch our figures in a shelf, the result is the same if it is PVC or a kind of TPR. But we also love to touch our figures and our tactile experience is the first that give us a real impression of the quality of the figure. PVC is a material that mimics much better nobble materials than TPR does. It is a fantastic feeling when we touch a heavy figure with a sturdy pvc, instead of a rubberish figure. The horse here sculpted is of a sublime quality and it deserved a more consistent material. Even if we cannot tell that it is a problem once there is no defect, the best suggestion I can give to Mojö is that in the past, some brands dicreased their reputation when they started using more rubber like materials. It may look a paradox once figures tend to live for a longer time but we live in a society where things last short in our lifes and where we are very influenced for the first impression. Not that I agree with it but it is important to be aware of it once I wish a long life to this company. This magnificent Shire horse, should never be a rubbery toy.

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 1:38 pm

I really like the horses by Anna, but I won´t buy them unless they change the material. I can´t stand a plastic so soft.

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:47 am

Roger wrote:
It is all very interesting but I am not sure Mojö made the best decision here. As Takama just informed through Mojö, it is a TPR and not a PVC. Checking how elastic it is, it is evident now that it couldn't be any kind of PVC. The use of TPR in toy animal figures is not new. It turns figures more resistant to stress, thus, much harder to break. I believe also this material is less shocking. It do really not deformes once it recovers easily the original shape. However, this material is not very appreciated among collectors and I know many customers also do not connect it with quality, contrarily with what happens with a dense pvc. Mojö keeps experiencing different materials to their figures, I believe it is not easy to find the best formula and who works directly with these materials, is much more experienced than we are. However, using this material in a mould like this one doesn't seem to be an adjusted idea. It is a draft horse, a very robuste figure without any delicate parts, a conventional pvc would not surely cause any incovenience to this figure. I know that when we watch our figures in a shelf, the result is the same if it is PVC or a kind of TPR. But we also love to touch our figures and our tactile experience is the first that give us a real impression of the quality of the figure. PVC is a material that mimics much better nobble materials than TPR does. It is a fantastic feeling when we touch a heavy figure with a sturdy pvc, instead of a rubberish figure. The horse here sculpted is of a sublime quality and it deserved a more consistent material. Even if we cannot tell that it is a problem once there is no defect, the best suggestion I can give to Mojö is that in the past, some brands dicreased their reputation when they started using more rubber like materials. It may look a paradox once figures tend to live for a longer time but we live in a society where things last short in our lifes and where we are very influenced for the first impression. Not that I agree with it but it is important to be aware of it once I wish a long life to this company. This magnificent Shire horse, should never be a rubbery toy.

Absolutely!
It's a shame, that they turned a sculpture (it really is a sculpture, a piece of art) to a rubber toy.

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 11:42 am

When V&D was still a store (it is bankrupt now), it sold Mojo Fun here in the Netherlands.
Sadly, most of the time, I saw broken parts laying between the animals they sold.
Broken tails and ears from horses, little horns from their giraffes.
Those animals with their broken parts are not sold and where laying there for weeks on end.
Kids grab toys as often as they can, it seems, with no parental sight.
Playing with them, breaking them and not buying them.
It is frustrating to see, and heartbreaking as well.
Maybe Mojo choose to change their material because of the easy breakable animals?

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:12 pm

NightLioness wrote:
When V&D was still a store (it is bankrupt now), it sold Mojo Fun here in the Netherlands.
Sadly, most of the time, I saw broken parts laying between the animals they sold.
Broken tails and ears from horses, little horns from their giraffes.
Those animals with their broken parts are not sold and where laying there for weeks on end.
Kids grab toys as often as they can, it seems, with no parental sight.
Playing with them, breaking them and not buying them.
It is frustrating to see, and heartbreaking as well.
Maybe Mojo choose to change their material because of the easy breakable animals?

It is interesting what you say Karin, I often saw broken Mojo figures in the Vromen Dreesman in Maastricht but has closed now Rolling Eyes

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 4:07 pm

I got these Shire horse in a bad condition. Not because of the legs.
The legs are all right. So my horse is not as sporty as the horse from Simone. Nevertheless, I had to reclaim the horse.
The color peels off. Have a look at the pictures.

Mojo Fun Shire Horse Img_8911

Mojo Fun Shire Horse Img_8814

Mojo Fun Shire Horse Img_8812

Mojo Fun Shire Horse Img_8813

Mojo Fun Shire Horse Img_8912

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 4:21 pm

That's all so sad for me. Sad We've red here lot of people complaining of Mojö scratched and broken figures in local shops. Mainly those in USA. So Karin, maybe you are right and that was the main reason why Mojö changed dramatically their material. I was really convinced that their newer pvc formula was better and close in quality from those we see in other major brands. Apparently they gave up and now they're using that TPR. A new material, newer solutions to the painting need to be found once each material requires an adjusted paint and corresponding products to make it stick propperly. Why don't they use the Portuguese factory of Maia & Borges once they have a cooperation for sea life models? Idea

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Yes, this looks bad. Sad I have shown these photos to James today, Yvette. James said he will send you a replacement, and that those production mistakes happened in an early batch of Shire horse models and that later batches have updated paint and plastic. Please, contact James of Mojo fun with your address and he'll send you a new model.  Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun Shire Horse   Mojo Fun Shire Horse Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo Fun Shire Horse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next