Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures

Go down 
+5
sortepletter
barracudacat
SUSANNE
landrover
PhocidPhreak
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PhocidPhreak

PhocidPhreak

Country/State : USA

Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures Empty
PostSubject: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 3:27 am

(Sorry for the delay in getting this posted, my sister's wedding is this weekend and things have been crazy!)

Let's see those figures you've had since you were a wee one!

K+M and AAA. The big AAA dolphin is actually the third one I've owned-I lost two in one summer!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Larami and PlayVisions. All of these were rewards for good behavior Very Happy
Safari Ltd. Monterey Bay Collection. One of the flippers broke off of the adult orca, so I cut a flipper off of another broken figure and melted the pieces together over the stove. Mom and Dad were not happy about that!
Misc. brands

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 3:38 am

My first animals:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 6:19 am

Very interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:35 am

First of all :  Congratulations with your sister's wedding, PP  !! Weddings are such joyful events Very Happy

Great topic , and what a lot of amazing sea mammals cheers

I love the stories you can tell about them Laughing

Fernando, tour childhood animals are quite different, but just as wonderful , - you even have a bird of paradise Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Here are mine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Very nice pictures and stories!  In general, I think this thread is very interesting.  Even though I've posted these pictures elsewhere, I'd like to add some of my childhood figures here.

This is the Monterrey Bay Great White Shark.  I remember saving up a long time to get this model.

The Toy Major Doberman.  While I technically got him as a teenager, he's still my first and favorite 1:12 dog figure

An Angelfish of an unknown brand to me.  He came in a set with several other fish.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:40 pm

WOW ! That shark is awesome cheers
The paintwork was a lot nicer some years ago Very Happy
I can imagine that the Monterey Bay models are very expensive for children, but they are gorgeous drunken

The doberman is beautyful also, - and the fish is nicely sculptured - really cute Very Happy

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:11 am

I dug out my childhood figures as well. When I was about 10 years old my older brother started casting tin soldiers and painted them. I liked that, but not the soldiers. Then I discovered that our local toyshop also had casting forms for 'just horses'. I bought the horse and foal forms and as the little blocks of pewter they offered were to expensive for us, my brother just hacked off a piece of old lead pipe. So these are actually lead-figurines.
The last soldiers that survived - I never finished painting them
The grown horses
I was so creative - even painted a horse blanket on the grey
The foals, about the size of an Euro coin
Ok, at that age I had no clue about horse-colors
But I even tried to remodel them - as they are made of lead they are quite soft

Here are the other survivors of my childhood
This one is a Starlux - of course I didn't know that as a kid. The rider just fitted
Elastolin - once I had lots of Cowboys and Indians but gave them away. Rolling Eyes Only this lonely horse survived
Two little no names
Believe it or not: This thing was my most precious posession
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 10:28 am

THis is very funny haha i like to see what we all had!
mine are allready in other treads (the unknow brand topic and the show your dogs) also my but first horse ever i sold to a little girls who had no toy horses at all, it was the barbie nibbles horse with stable set. her daddy came to my house to pick it up and later he send me a e-mail to tell how happy the girl was with the horse!
My other horses are all in a box because i can not all ceep them on display unfortunally.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:13 pm

So many childhood treasures! very interesting to see what you all have. I like your homemade horse models, Sortepletter. Applause
I have nothing from my own childhood, but I have some cheep Hong Kong animals from my childrens childhood, among them the brown horse without rider. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 pm

I know it's not the first time you see her, but here is my dear old Draggin'Yale (Imperial).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 am

Interesting figurine :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures   Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Yours: Childhood Figures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Show us yours :-
Jump to: