Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2018

Go down 
+55
Benga
landrover
EmmaMary
caitclandestine
Zoodirektor
aschuck
Megaptera
Shanti
PeGe
Bibbies
terrorchicken
barracudacat
Bongo
Drachenherzen
shadoweon
Lionwoman
spielgerg
Tarunyada
JamesPanda
Farm collector
Barti
Ana
dcerdan
SyLoBe
sortepletter
onatello
wezeltje79
Noémi
Roger
widukind
AlienMantis
Loustic
Saarlooswolfhound
dutchschleich14
Tupolew Tu-154
Dum_my
Geospiza fortis
WhiteLightning Wolf
Night Elf
NightLioness
Schleich GingerNinja
bun2013
arafan
DavidCaballos
Gwaine
Kikimalou
Takama
Martin P.
SeanieP
Caspian
AlfaSchleich
Songbird
MartinH
VASILIS
SUSANNE
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

Schleich 2018 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Schleich is not getting worse, but they have, like all brands, good and bad figures. I have the 2018 pictures, i can say that.

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:16 pm

Oh in compare to their former models, Schleich is indeed getting more and worse every year- I have all models from Farm-,forest-,Sea and Wildife and all horses until 2012, I can say that.

But I agree-they still have some nice models, but the count of their poor models is now higher than the good ones

And I like their choice of new models, It bears witness to a great deal of originality and ingenuity Applause

Back to top Go down
Schleich GingerNinja

Schleich GingerNinja

Country/State : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 7:07 pm

They are certainly taking their time putting up pictures! D'you think we'll know by Christmas?

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 am

I think it's ok now. cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 am

VASILIS wrote:
I think it's ok now. cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oke, I trust MPV :)
Only photos of these items!
They are not available yet, but I think they will be within the 1/2 months Schleich states to be allowed to post pictures of.

Gwaine? Do you want to post these pictures in this topic? :)
Again, only the ones on that MPV page please!

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 11:16 am

Bapapa~!

Here are the pictures that are public for now.

Some are different from the catalogue, others are now models rather than drawings, so I even saw something new ^^

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 pm

In my opinion for the horses;
I do not like that tere are now new colors,
a lot of the same old same old. i see a lot of reused parts also!
Still a few horses with ugly braids lucky not al of them haha.
Das the welsh stallion and mare just looked gendre swaped to anyone els? The mare is so muscled Razz
Not one of the bigger breeds looks breed apropriate,, they look al like a type of sport horses?
But overal nice horses not totally wow for me but not very bad.

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 3:14 pm

Orca, Indian Rhino, Koala and Hippo look on the pictures nice ( hopeyfully they do it also in real), the rest seems to be done in very childish and poor style-now typical for this brand.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 7:42 pm

The Tawa looks very nice.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 9:46 pm

The 2018 animal models are now pictured with Modellpferdeversand. The new sets are not in yet, only the panda enclosure Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 12:20 am

Besides the Arctic fox, I keep not very excited with Schleich news. I really need to see something like the pangolin or sloth bear. Meanwhile, I have to thank Tessa for the great work on this topic and Karin for her great moderation. Very Happy

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 3:36 am

Quote :
Das the welsh stallion and mare just looked gendre swaped to anyone els? The mare is so muscled

I haven't noticed it much with the Welsh Ponies(other than the mare seems to have more draft horse-like feathering), but I do see it a little in the Pintabian pair.  If you ignore the colors and the braids, the mare is a lot taller and more proud than the stallion and has a far more arched neck.  Despite this, I still consider them some of the better recent models.

Quote :
Meanwhile, I have to thank Tessa for the great work on this topic and Karin for her great moderation.

I definitely agree.  It's always better to be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 am

Roger wrote:
Besides the Arctic fox, I keep not very excited with Schleich news. I really need to see something like the pangolin or sloth bear. Meanwhile, I have to thank Tessa for the great work on this topic and Karin for her great moderation. Very Happy

Thank you Roger :) This means a lot to me!
And thank you Tessa!! Very Happy

We will be adding more photos if MPV does to.
For now, only these current ones.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:30 am

Thanks all of you for your kind words.

I am personally not too let down. I like a lot of this years range. I only think the orca looks like he is made of play dough clay...
Maybe I am just easily pleased, but I do think in 2018 I can tell a lot of new stories!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Caspian

Caspian

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about the new Schleich. I guess I'll have to see them in person to make a final decision.
Back to top Go down
bun2013

bun2013

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 5:41 am

I'm pretty happy with most of the horses, but there a few I would like to see how they look in person to make a last review of them
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 2:55 am

Quite honestly I'm only vaguely interested in the arctic fox at this point. I will probably get the arctic wolf pup just because well...I have so many wolf figures so why not...but I still don't like it. I will have to see both in person.

As for the rest of the range...I'm afraid Schleich is staying with the toyish look. Personally I'm not fond of it and prefer realistic models but if others still like it...then I guess that's alright.

Schleich was my favorite brand at one time and now it is my least favorite. (And they've redone that lion so many times I've lost count.) Personally I think their best lion models were the ones from 2007-2009? Are those the years I'm thinking of?

What happened to you, Schleich? Sad

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 4:22 am

Nice to finally see pictures! I don't mind the zebras as much as I thought I would (some new poses for my herd) and they're not too different from the previous Schleich zebras; I thought they'd be more sterile- looking without the touches of gray and brown I like in the Schleich zebras. The lion is a definite improvement (though that can't be said for the cub), but the face still seems a little... off. The hippo reminds me of a cheap resin figurine, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Also it's nice to see a new hippo with a closed mouth. The koala looks great. Even though the WS koala is probably more accurate the paint on this one was executed a lot more naturalistically. But it's the rhino I'm looking forward to the most. It's certainly a step up from any rhino Schleich has done in the past.

I'm a bit disappointed (yet not surprised) that we didn't get any more exotic species. It would have been nice to see something less common like a nilgai or takin. Even animals Schleich has done before, like a camel, okapi, or reindeer, would have been nice to see.

Also not a fan of the more cutesy look they're going with, but that's nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 7:32 am

I don't think these are all the items to be released because out of the leaked photos I've seen, there were more than MPV has up, and the banner photo for that is a set to be released I haven't seen before. My bet is that these are all models to be released in January and May, and we might see a handful of figures for July and then if there is more to be revealed I bet its mostly sets and fantasy and dinosaurs might be released late in the year. I don't think all of the models are too bad, there are a few I quite like, but I was hoping for a few new species as well.

As for the wolf pup I have mixed feelings... I think it would look better if it had accurate coloring but the white is something that probably appeals more to children. Next issue I think that is making it look more polar bear like is the fur texture is too smooth and short haired looking, giving it the appearance of a bear and making it look rounder (head especially) than it would be in reality.  The gait/stance is weird, as is its feet, and the eye color is wrong, period. But I think the angle might be giving some appearance issues to its head as well, it looks short and round and bear like paired with the arctic small ears, and I hope its got a longer snout in person. In this case, I think they made the model thicker to give it the appearance of fluffiness and just didn't give it the right texture so the whole thing looks weird.

Otherwise, I think that an animal models faults in toy form is often misconstrued, and are usually due to the safety regulations etc. that a company is forced to comply with (thicker appendages than what they should be, funny stances to help the model stand up etc.) rather than an artists' or company's flagrant disregard for realism. Having said that, a certain style is also upheld for a brand, there is a clear difference in the quality of CollectA's new figures and Schleich's as far as realism goes.

*all of these photos are gray wolf pups, not arctic, which are inherently different morphologically and phenotypically. I couldn't find good photos of arctic wolf pups I liked to get my point across*
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like how its an older pup, like this one:

And the pose isn't too bad, its similar to this one, they just swapped a few feet positions:

Lastly, while googling arctic wolf pup photos (to no great advantage unfortunately) I was a bit disappointed with how many photos of dogs showed up instead (I.e. White GSDs etc.) Rolling Eyes A bit disappointing how gullible or uninformed people are who would fall for that...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 11:47 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
My bet is that these are all models to be released in January and May, and we might see a handful of figures for July and then if there is more to be revealed I bet its mostly sets and fantasy and dinosaurs might be released late in the year.

How much are you willing to bet, I own the handler catalogue for the first half year and schleich has still quite a few surprises in store.

~
~

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Gwaine wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
My bet is that these are all models to be released in January and May, and we might see a handful of figures for July and then if there is more to be revealed I bet its mostly sets and fantasy and dinosaurs might be released late in the year.

How much are you willing to bet, I own the handler catalogue for the first half year and schleich has still quite a few surprises in store.

There is indeed more to come, because these are just the photos that can be placed because of the rules Schleich has set. But for now, these are just the only photos we can show here on STS :)

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 12:19 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

There is indeed more to come, because these are just the photos that can be placed because of the rules Schleich has set. But for now, these are just the only photos we can show here on STS :)

CAN YOU HEAR MY WALLET WEEP

~
~

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 7:48 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Yes, I understand, I just meant that I've seen at least twice as many as is listed here, but also that what all I have seen can't be an exhaustive list given that Schleich seems very obsessed with quantity of items released each year and that each line or category doesn't seem to have fulfilled the "quota" they usually have each year.

And thanks gwaine, I suspected as much. And I realize we need to be discreet until Schleich OKs the forum of sharing information, but are there more releases to be revealed for each line overall, or are they largely restricted to their "other" lines? (Fantasy, dinosaurs, etc.) You don't need to be specific, in fact please don't so we don't jeopardize the forum, but I'm curious about the % that has been leaked thus far from the total.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

And thanks gwaine, I suspected as much. And I realize we need to be discreet until Schleich OKs the forum of sharing information, but are there more releases to be revealed for each line overall, or are they largely restricted to their "other" lines? (Fantasy, dinosaurs, etc.) You don't need to be specific, in fact please don't so we don't jeopardize the forum, but I'm curious about the % that has been leaked thus far from the total.

If you go to the first page, you can see the list of this years Jan-Jun reveals, some have pictures already other don't yet. The one's that have no pics are mostly sets or none animal range.

As for Julf-Dec, I have as much a clue as you!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 10:49 pm

I see, that's about everything I have seen thus far other than a few other sets. Well I look forward to the rest of the reveals before I make my final judgment for the year.... If they EVER reveal them that is.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2018   Schleich 2018 - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2018
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: