Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D

Go down 
+12
costicuba
Taos
Kikimalou
Caspian
zirkoon
SeanieP
donny ong
arafan
landrover
widukind
Gwaine
SUSANNE
16 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D Empty
PostSubject: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 10:16 pm

The bongo antelope is so beautyful, that is seems almost unearthly  drunken
And the model from CollectA is absolutely stunning  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I am very, very happy to be the first one to make a walkaround of this incredible model  Very Happy

I really do not know what to say, but look very much forward to read you comments  sunny

The only slightly negative point is that the legs are so widely posed, but it is probably the only way the model can stand, when the legs are realistically thin.

Together with the Eland antelope for size comparison Wink

Thanks for watching ! No photo can relly show how wonderful this model is, but I hope it gave you an idea Wink

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 pm

I CAN WAIT TO HAVE HIM, BUT MPV STILL NEEDS TO SEND HIM HOME.

I have been stoked for the handsome boy since last years December. He is so handsome and good looking and Bongo's are my favorite antelopes and I will call him Maeglin and I want to have him on my shelves already!!!

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 11:18 pm

A beautieful antelope:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Marvellous photos Susanne. Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

I am waiting,that arrive my new bongo too.

other extraordinary creation of CollectA.

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 2:13 am

Thank you for this walkaround, was really looking forward to see this model, it looks much better tzan in the catalogue pictures, but I'm still unsure if I should get him, the face shape and painting looks so wrong, and it's very big, compared to the eland. But it has an awesome paintjob on the orher parts of the body and such great details on the fur.
CollrctA isn't making it easy for me Razz

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 2:22 am

Congrats Susanne. Amazing figure. Amazing photos as well.

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 2:54 am

I love my Bongo. He is great. I think he is a good size as they are really large in real life. I used to think the CollectA Waterbuck was too big but then I saw a male in the wild and they are a huge antelope as well. I am not sure why the bongo is bow-legged? His legs are very spread/far apart. I also may make the side of the face more of the yellowish tint that it is naturally instead of just white. Great photos Susanne.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 8:38 am

Thankyou for your comments, friends cheers

SeanieP wrote:
I love my Bongo. He is great. I think he is a good size as they are really large in real life. I used to think the CollectA Waterbuck was too big but then I saw a male in the wild and they are a huge antelope as well. I am not sure why the bongo is bow-legged? His legs are very spread/far apart. I also may make the side of the face more of the yellowish tint that it is naturally instead of just white. Great photos Susanne.

Yes. I was also surprise that bongos are so large ! But they are actually a large as an old fashioned Icelandic horse, - almost 130 cm over the shoulder Shocked Laughing
Thanks to CollectA I often learn something new drunken

zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 10:49 am

I love the Bongo too, it's such a Beauty.
For me the Bongo and the Saiga a the big points in 2017.
And thank you, for the great photos Susanne.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 11:15 am

Thankyou, Zirk Very Happy

Caspian

Caspian

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Congrats! It is a lovely bongo cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Nice antelope Susanne, i'm always very very pleased to watch another Bongo figure. Thank you for this walkaround Very Happy

i agree Bongos are large antelopes but not as big as the elands. Nevertheless CollectA provides us with great antelopes every year, something we even not dream about a few years ago. We are lucky people sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Lovely pics and a must have!! Smile Smile Smile

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Nevertheless CollectA provides us with great antelopes every year, something we even not dream about a few years ago. We are lucky people sunny

Oh yes, we are lucky people.  cheers
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 12:30 am

Bongo is so beautiful animal and this Collecta model is a wonderful replica.
Also a very wanted gift from Collecta to us cheers
Thank you Susanne, for this great presentation with wonderful and very useful photos Applause

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 11:16 pm

I know long journeys at STS and TAI are to come but while back, I couldn't resist to watch first some expected walk around topics on forum! cheers
Naturally, this bongo is one of them! Very Happy I am really happy, 10 years ago, when member wish lists were full of dreams, waiting for a few new species on major brand releases, the bongo was a common wish. A very long time passed, some, myself included, were lucky of getting the fabulous homemade Ana's bongo, but the animal was never available as mass produced in this large scale.
Some years ago, some rumors appeared that Mojö was releasing a bongo... but nothing. CollectA, opportunely, introduced a bongo antelope and gave us what we all expected and wished for such a long time.
The result is brilliant, the number of positive points is far superior when compared with the negative. I am particularly surprised with the correct way they designed the back of the animal, this kind of ridge and the assymetry of the strips is not always easy to spot. Figure has also a very massive, almost barrel like as it is supposed. That's perhaps the reason why legs are so far apart, I agree.
Though, that's such a minor unelegant detail when compared with what we have in front of our eys. It doesn't seem to have the level of excellence of the eland but it is such a fabulous piece! cheers

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 5:49 am

Excellent photos, thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 7:35 am

Human me: looks nice
Bear me: what do bongo's take like?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Barti

Barti

Country/State : Polish

PostSubject: Antelope Bongo 2017   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:08 am

Big Congrats!

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:25 am

Congratulations, beacause this is one of the best figure of 2017.

flower flower

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 8:12 am

A beautie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D   The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D Empty

Back to top Go down

The wonderful bongo antelope from CollectA :D
Page 1 of 1