Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) Empty
PostSubject: Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)   Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 7:36 am

Walk-around of Adanson's house spider, Hasarius adansoni (Audouin, 1826) by Kaiyodo, Sticky Tack Insect Set (2016). Hasarius adansoni is circumtropical in distribution, occurring throughout much of the world in warmer climates, including Japan (hence its appearance in a Capsule Q Museum collection). It is an anthropophilic species and often occurs in and around human habitations. The species is sexually-dimorphic and this figure is a male!

This is a unique figure to date (only figure of the species made) and only the third jumping spider (Salticidae) I am familiar with. The others are a large figure by Safari LTD. (Hidden Kingdom Insects) and Cadbury (Yowies-Australian release), neither of which where sold or marketed to represent a specific species.

The figure is 24 mm (without appendages), making it nearly 5:1 for an adult male. It is a solid, well-constructed plastic. The bottom has a plastic receptacle designed to hold 'sticky tack' so the figure can be affixed to vertical surfaces such as walls (as were all figures in the series). This receptacle is removable, easily snapping in and out (I took mine out--see the ventral shot below). The paint job is good, and as previously mentioned, clearly represents a male (females are more solid drab gray-brown, without contrasting abdominal markings). The eye arrangement seems accurate and even the book lungs are sculpted on the bottom.

A must for all animal collectors; spiders are common as generic toys but realistic figures attributable to exact species are not quite as common as one might expect. On to the images:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)   Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 5:36 am

Nice figurine :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)   Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Very nice walkaround. I have only one spider in my collection (the Papo one) and I really like to watch "non generic" spider models. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)   Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 11:29 am

I find this figure extremely good! I like it a lot and I agree it is a positive point to have a figure of a spider marketed to the level species.

PostSubject: Re: Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)   Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) Empty

Back to top Go down

Adanson's House Spider (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)
Page 1 of 1