Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) Empty
PostSubject: House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)   House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Walk-around of the house fly, Musca domestica Linnaeus, 1758 by Kaiyodo, Sticky Tack Insect Set (2016). Ah yes, the common house fly. A cosmopolitan species that everyone is familiar with. Yet, surprisingly I am not familiar with a single other figure specifically attributable to this species!

The figure is 20 mm (not including wings nor appendages), making it roughly 4:1 based on the average adult size of 4-6 mm. It is well-constructed solid piece. The bottom has a plastic receptacle designed to hold 'sticky tack' so the figure can be affixed to vertical surfaces such as walls (as were all figures in the series). This receptacle is removable, easily snapping in and out (I took mine out--see the ventral shot below). The paint job is good, and the wing venation is accurate for the Muscidae (although the venation isnt completely painted black so you can't appreciate the venation in my pics)!!!

On to the images! Sorry for the quality of some; had trouble getting this guy in focus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lastly I couldn't resist imaging this figure with a couple friends on dog poop (Flies on Dog Poop, by Discovery Kids-Disgusting Facts Kit) >Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)   House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 6:34 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

House Fly (Kaiyodo - Sticky Tack Insect Set)
Page 1 of 1