Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
Wildheart
skysthelimit
Kristie
Roger
HKHollinstone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi Empty
PostSubject: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Well, they're not the first Safari models as I have some from when I was little, but these are the first lot that I've bought myself. Very Happy and I'm very please with them cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mountain Goat
African Wild Dog
Okapi

I don't like the Okapi's paint work, but I bought it specially for repainting - I also want to do something about it's legs are they are really far apart.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Congratulations Harriet, the wild dog is in the top of my wish list too! The mountain goat looks also interesting!
I agree with you about the okapi, it looks like Papo okapi is really and clearly the best!:)
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Those are fantastic, Harriet! I really love the Mountain Goat. He's NICE!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Congrats Harriet, I have to get that wild dog cheers

Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Congratulations!The mountain goat is very nice! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Great first ones, Harriet ! Very Happy sunny

I adore the Hyena-dog she is unusually fine, - hurry to get the pup, it is not made anymore, as far as I have heard Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
hurry to get the pup, it is not made anymore, as far as I have heard Crying or Very sad
But it's not so good, pup don't look like a grown-ups...

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Usually brands make cubs like cute adults, you can see it in a lot of figures! Maybe the brands think that it would be not recognizable! Which brand has a baby cheetah that looks like a real baby cheetah???Sad
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Papo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Wildheart wrote:
Papo! Very Happy

OK, I agree is the best... but.... Suspect

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Thanks for your pictures Torben and to help me remembering my name, but not Eggbert surely! :)
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Papo cub has head like a light bulb, they haven't succeeded to deal with cub's mane

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks all!
Yes Papo Okapi is by far the BEST cheers I love the Mountain Goat, Kirill mentioned it's being retired so I quickly bought one, it was only £1.89!
skysthelimit wrote:
Papo cub has head like a light bulb, they haven't succeeded to deal with cub's mane
lol!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 pm

The picture of the cheeta kitten is a very young one, maybe 4 weeks ?

skysthelimit wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
hurry to get the pup, it is not made anymore, as far as I have heard Crying or Very sad
But it's not so good, pup don't look like a grown-ups...

You are right Robertbert, the Wild dog pup should have larger paws and head, - and one of the hind legs looks VERY funny.
But the body is that of a young puppy. All in all I like it Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 pm

[quote="SUSANNE"]The picture of the cheeta kitten is a very young one, maybe 4 weeks ?

Yes, is very young, less than 4 weeks! but notice that some Papo cubs come even with the umbilical cord!
Your wild dogs are very nice Susanne! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Great Additions to your collection Susanne, I really like to Wild Dog. Hope some day I can buy some Safari.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks, Roger and Alejandro flower

Harriet, you see how cute the wild puppy is ? It is almost stealing your string Embarassed lol!

Roger, what papo cubs are they ? The only baby-Papo that I have (yet Very Happy ) is the cheeta kitten, it is SO cute cat I love you

Alejandro,We do not have them in Denmark either. But the wild dogs I just HAD to have, so I got them online from England Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Congratulations Harriet! If you put the mountain goat together with Schleich retired mountain goat & you will find that both look identical.

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:42 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Congratulations Harriet! If you put the mountain goat together with Schleich retired mountain goat & you will find that both look identical.
Thanks Ken, yes they do look exactly the same! I wanted to have the Schleich one, but it was so hard to get hold of - I'm really pleased with the Safari one.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:12 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Roger, what papo cubs are they ? The only baby-Papo that I have (yet Very Happy ) is the cheeta kitten, it is SO cute cat I love you

Those in the mouth of the tigress and lioness are really small and new borns!
You se that the Safari lioness with cub is some bigger than the Papo but the cub is twice the size of the Papo cub, seeing pictures of mothers carrying their cubs you see that the Safari baby is too large to be carried in this way! Even the cheetah baby of Papo looks younger than the Schleich one! And is really cute! cat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 am

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Those in the mouth of the tigress and lioness are really small and new borns!
You se that the Safari lioness with cub is some bigger than the Papo but the cub is twice the size of the Papo cub, seeing pictures of mothers carrying their cubs you see that the Safari baby is too large to be carried in this way! Even the cheetah baby of Papo looks younger than the Schleich one! And is really cute! cat Very Happy
The ones in the mouths of the Papo lioness and tigress are really realistic.

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:41 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

The ones in the mouths of the Papo lioness and tigress are really realistic.

I also think so :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi   Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountain goat, African wild dog and okapi
Page 1 of 1