Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)

Go down 
+10
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
Kristie
Roger
skysthelimit
Ana
weaselfan93
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
SUSANNE
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) Empty
PostSubject: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Earlier this week I got two wonderful parcels from two of our young friends Very Happy
One was from Lance : The Safari mountain goat and a kind, kind letter. Both made me very happy cheers
Thankyou ever so much, Lance sunny sunny flower

I have been searching for this goat for ages, also because I heard she is similar to the one from Schleich, which I love very much.

And they ARE similar ! This is SO exiting Very Happy
So I decided to show some pictures of them together.
Perhaps others find it interesting, even if it may be old news for the Safari.collectors Wink

Here she is : The beautyful, long-sought Safari mountian goat cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look, almost the same mould. Now, my Schleich goat was made in Germany and the Safari one in China. This may account for the slight difference in the moulds, - or ? scratch
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lance, I am thrilled with my new goat, and I will save your kind letter just as carefully flower

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Very wonderful!! Big congrats for you Susanne and hurray for Lance!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

But i think it is a little question that they looks like twins geek geek

But it is good for your variations collection Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 pm

I have the safari goat, still looking for the schleich one though. Great additions! And I knew they were nearly identical but wow, they really are almost the same!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:51 pm

great addition Susanne. i have both safari and schleich mountain goats too and they are very similar. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Congratulations Susanne!!! Lovely new variation! Very Happy cheers Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Congrats cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks for showing Susanne! Very Happy
I have the Schleich version and I love them. :)
There are painting variations, little mold variants and brand variations too. The same happens with Safari and Colorata Chinstrap penguins. Very Happy

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:16 am

Congrats Susanne! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:02 am

Congrats Susanne!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 am

They are very alike! Hurray for Lance cheers cheers

Is the Safari one retired now?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 am

Congrats Susanne :) I have Safari one from Lance too and I was always impressed with the fact that Safari and Schleich used the same mold... this is really unusual and rare! I love your topic with compares :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 am

Thankyou very much, Friends Very Happy

Yes, HURRAY for Lance cheers

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 pm

They are difinately the same model. I have the schleich mountain goat, but not the safari one.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks for the pics - the 2013 Safari Budgie is also similar to the Schleich one. What I want to know is how comes two different brands have exactly the same model? Have they used the same mould? Why would Schleich allow this without any problems? I am confused but it would be really interesting to know.

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 pm

The biggest difference is apparently on their heads - Safari's head texture looks really flat, like the mold is too old

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:40 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
The biggest difference is apparently on their heads - Safari's head texture looks really flat, like the mold is too old

Yes, it probably explains everything. After a certain number of replicas, molds start getting old and it is noticed when the figures start loosing their texture and details. Sometimes these molds are sold to other companies that sell cheaper quality figures. Schleich mountain goat was only 2 years in catalogue so maybe Safari bought the mold once it was still in usable condition. In this case the same mold could be used by 2 similar quality companies. study Idea Very Happy

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:29 am

Roger wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:

Yes, it probably explains everything. After a certain number of replicas, molds start getting old and it is noticed when the figures start loosing their texture and details. Sometimes these molds are sold to other companies that sell cheaper quality figures. Schleich mountain goat was only 2 years in catalogue so maybe Safari bought the mold once it was still in usable condition. In this case the same mold could be used by 2 similar quality companies. study Idea Very Happy

^^ This. It would likely be much cheaper for Safari to buy the molds from Schleich than to create ones from scratch, especially on a figure like a Mountain Goat, which is not likely to be a huge seller for either company. The same is true for Schleich's Giant Tortoise, which Safari sells as the Desert Tortoise. Both companies win in this situation. Besides, Schleich's Mountain Goat is a really great looking figure - why would Safari want to shell out the money to create a competing figure when they could buy Schleich's molds? Schleich gets paid, Safari gets a new figure to add to their lineup for less than it costs to cast new molds. Both walk away happy. As do the collectors, since those who missed Schleich's Mountain Goat figure can still get it from Safari. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:52 am

Ohhh! The giant turtoise is also the same  Shocked 

I'll have to find them both  bounce bounce 

About getting the Safari model, - here in Europe it is MUCH more difficult than to find the one from Schleich  Laughing 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)   The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The mountain goat , -comparison between Safari and Schleich :-)
Page 1 of 1