Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic

Go down 
+6
Roger
christinavanderschouw
SUSANNE
scot(t)
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic Empty
PostSubject: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:32 am

The models, Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now some real ones

As I mentioned in my thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm leaning towards the Bullyland one.  This is just my opinion below, I'm not a not expert this is just what I see:

First of all both figurines have a cuteness to them and inaccuracies which I will identify in a minute.  So neither are a completely realistic representation of the breed.
Schleich: the head is too big and the shape wrong, forehead is not vertical enough from side view.  Legs are too short.  Paintwork, which I think is the main reason for me liking the Bullyland one best, is dull.  The real dog has a beautiful rich tan colour and the white is bright not grey.
Bullyland: Overall sculpting ok, although his back left leg is maybe too long and his bum could have 1/2 a cm added to it.  Face is more accurate, the forehead is vertical although I think it could've been slightly more so.  Head is still too big but more in proportion to the body than the Schleich.  Tummy could maybe be more rounded.  Paintwork vibrant and accurate colours.
All in all, the Bullyland in my eyes is more realistic than the Schleich, but the Schleich is still a great model.
Bullyland even got the colour of the tongue correct tongue

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:44 am

Bullyland's better for me, although they could work more on dog's teeth Surprised

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:18 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Bullyland's better for me, although they could work more on dog's teeth Surprised
Yes, the teeth aren't very well done I agree.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:56 am

Really nice post Harriet! The pictures are great and make comparing them easier to do and a pleasure. I can't tell which one I like better, but I'm swayed by the considerations you discuss and think the bullyland it really great!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Wonderful comparison, Harriet cheers

I have always been rather indifferent to the Schleich one, he looks so goofy geek
Bullyland has made some great dog models over time, perhaps because Mr. Klaus is so fond of dogs ? Very Happy

But let me comment on the real dogs in the pictures, - I am rather shocked to see how the breed has changed since my youth !
My English fails me, but I hope you understand scratch The head has been made to look almost like the shape of a dwarf, with large, round bulk top and small pointed nose/jaws . Especially the first one is like a caricature Rolling Eyes
So when it come to that I like the models better than the real ones in the pictures Laughing

christinavanderschouw

christinavanderschouw

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 pm

I think both of the bernese mountain dogs are not that good. I love those dogs for many years, so I know something about them. (I'm mad about dogs, so I know things about other dogbreeds to) I think the Bullyland one has better hips, but the only thing I think is perfect, is good at both dogs: the color. I think both dogs can look a bit smarter. They look so stupid now...

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Glad everyone liked the comparison photos.
SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful comparison, Harriet cheers

I have always been rather indifferent to the Schleich one, he looks so goofy geek
Bullyland has made some great dog models over time, perhaps because Mr. Klaus is so fond of dogs ? Very Happy

But let me comment on the real dogs in the pictures, - I am rather shocked to see how the breed has changed since my youth !
My English fails me, but I hope you understand scratch The head has been made to look almost like the shape of a dwarf, with large, round bulk top and small pointed nose/jaws . Especially the first one is like a caricature Rolling Eyes
So when it come to that I like the models better than the real ones in the pictures Laughing
I'm no dog expert, so it's good to know the Bullyland one is more realistic than I originally thought! I'd be interested to see what a Bernese mountain dog looked like when you were growing up - I suppose the Bullyland one was based on modern day dogs though?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:37 pm

I love comparison topics! Thanks Harriet! As I don't understand of dogs I'll only talk about the general design. Both figures are clearly made to please children and not to depict a real dog. That's a wrong strategy once children like dogs as they are, no need of extra cute factor.
We can see it mainly in the face that is obviously where the buyer concentrates its atention. :)
Anyway, I think both figures are pretty and interesting! Very Happy

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers
Beautifuls Very Happy but I like very much the Schleich version What a Face

Last edited by Álvaro/schleich on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:42 pm

I like the Schleich the best. My very favorite is the Schleich sitting Bernese. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Very cute dogs!! Congratulations Harriet!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:37 am

Kristie wrote:
I like the Schleich the best. My very favorite is the Schleich sitting Bernese. :)

-Kristie

I agree with Kristie here: I really like that sitting Bernese (it's the only Bernese I have). I was surprised to discover that it appears to be a very old model (for Schleich). It came out in 1996, along with the Hippopotamus everyone seems to think should be retired. I can understand why they are still making it (the sitting Bernese): it's nice.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 am

Glad you liked the photos everyone.
Kristie wrote:
My very favorite is the Schleich sitting Bernese. :)

-Kristie
I love her too!

I love the other Schleich Bernese as well, that's why I bought him Very Happy

Back to top Go down
googie212

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 5:21 pm

The Schleich Female Bernese Mountain Dog is my fave, and the real Bernese dogs are gorgeous!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic   Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich and Bullyland Bernese Mountain dogs comparison topic
Page 1 of 1