Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround - Akhal Teke

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

Walkaround - Akhal Teke Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Last month I bought a group of horses to Recur. Today they have arrived at home! Applause Applause Applause

I'll open one topic per model because I want to make walkarounds for all of them, but first of all I want to say something.

I know that is always hard buy a new brand for us, as a collectors. Specially if, as me, you use to buy "known" brands (as Schleich, Papo, CollectA...) that make the animals in a very similar way. I mean, our collector brain is formed to recognize and like one specific type of model and it makes it harder for other brands.

But I highly recommend to everyone to buy, at least, one figurine from Recur. Don't be afraid about the materials or the size. I'll talk about it later. First, talking with James (the person who writes in the name of Recur) is a totally pleasure. He looked for two models I saw here in the forum but there weren't available at this moment. He was very very attentive to the package. Unfortunately, sending companys aren't always as fast as we want and the horses have needed more than a month to arrive at home. They have ben stopped twice. But James was always helpful, asking to the companies and also to Aliexpress where the package is. So if you have any doubt about the brand, do not hesitate to talk to him!

Well, let's see the animals. As we talked here in the forum, Recur animals are made with a very special type of plastic. They are softer than other brands. But don't think the animals are soft as "bad" models. The consistency of the models is the same as other brands. The only difference is the touch, which is more comfortable for Recur ones. In some areas of the animals, this type of plastic makes that, if you push it a bit hard, the animal loose a bit its form (as you can see in the pictures), but nothing worrying.

As we also know, Recur models are quite bigger than others. I think the size is similar as Breyer Classics (sorry, I only have one classic and it is in a box, so I couldn't take pictures of both together) so isn't as big as you can't handle them. Horse collectors have Breyer Traditionals, which are still bigger - so I think the size isn't a problem.

The animals arrived in perfect conditions because Recur put all their efforts on it. You can see in the pictures how "padded" they have travelled!. Also each animal has a little guide with information about it. Here you can see the picture of the guide of the TB model. This document has a QR code. Unfortunately, the website is in Chinese, so I didn't understand anything!

First, let's see some pictures about how they have travelled, the guide and also the little problem I talked about when you push them

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A picture with Schleich Akhal-Teke mare (one of my favourite Schleich models) and a Traditional breyer (sorry I don't have an Akhal Teke from Breyer)

I have written a lot, it's time to see the fantastic Akhal Teke!

HIGHLIGHTS

+ Amazing breed that isn't very usual in major brands

+ Good colour. Maybe pictures didn't take it perfect but the coat is like golden with some "pink-yellow" shadows

+ Good anatomy

+ Good position. Not very usual (which is always a risk, and I love it) that gives to the horse some good angles

+ Beautiful face and expression

COULD BE BETTER...

- Although the model has shadows, the colour is the same for all the animal, including hooves

- Braids and tail have also the same colour!

- The tail is pasted to the legs
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Nice too

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 10:22 pm

How wonderful to see pictures of these new horses cheers

You are so right : We always rear ( to stay in horse terminology Laughing ) at new ways to make model animals.
My first thought was that this horse has a giraffe neck, and that we can see the plaves it is glued together.
But Schleich horses have horrible giraffe necks, and Papos are also often glued together.
About the soft material, - many objected to the material of the new Mojo horses Wink

But still, this horse surely has a "something". Unlike Schleich's present horses, there is no doubt that this is an Akhal Teké Very Happy
Slender body, and enormously long legs !
And the golden colour, of course Very Happy

All in all I like the model, and I want to thank you for the fine presentation Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 am

I also want to thank your presentation. For the first time I read about a Recur as feeling it in my hands.
The figure looks good. I think it is evident they are featuring the announced breed and not just making a horse and assigning it to a breed. It is also good to know that James gives all support needed to help us obtaining Recur figures. Very Happy

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Thank you for these warm words!

This model isn't as ugly as you can think. When I saw Recur horses at the very first time I also thought they were horrible. Now, I find the Akhal-Teke beautiful. As I wrote, I think our brains are quite constricted to a very specific type of models and you have to see twice to catch all the beautiful these models have. I think it is the same with papo horses, for example.

Legs aren't as soft to be blended as Mojo horses. Today, I have tried to blend them and it was impossible. For me, the only problem with this material is the belly (which is like this toys with music inside, you can push it) but the horse, in general, is quite robust and there is no difference with normal plastic models.

I think they are making a great effort. Maybe this is the first Chinese model which is betting for quality and I think they deserve our support!

I'll try to get other 4 horses I don't have (freisian, quarter, arabian and hannoverian). I think the quarter is also a bit ugly, but the other three seems amazing.
Back to top Go down
Recur

Recur

Country/State : China

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 11:45 am

Your walkarounds is great.

you have found the most difference between Recur models and other model:

1.the materail is not plain soft plastic or hard PVC, as you said: " if you push it a bit hard, the animal loose a bit its form."

2. for the code bar you scan:

the horse send to you is the last one we find from our exhibition room, it's made on 2015, at that time , we have not built our english website, so it's on Chinese.

our english website is : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3.for the tail:
to keep the shipping safety , we choose to stick the tail to it's backside.

4. all of the models are self-design, our designer has whatched many videos to catch the best gesture and facial expression of animals.

And all buyers from STS forum, pls tell us your STS ID when place an order on aliexpress store, we would be happy to offer you guys special discount.

James
Recur Toys Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile

Amazon: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Email:sales@ankly.com.cn
Back to top Go down
http://www.recurtoys.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 3:36 am

Recur wrote:
And all buyers from STS forum, pls tell us your STS ID when place an order on aliexpress store, we would be happy to offer you guys special discount.

James
Recur Toys Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile

Thank you! I confess I like some of them, namely the Aldabra giant tortoise, the green iguana and king cobra. Some others are equally nice but the large size works better for these three I mentioned. I think a pangolin could work perfectly with the material you use and if you do it, I will surely use your special discount. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Akhal Teke   Walkaround - Akhal Teke Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround - Akhal Teke
Page 1 of 1