Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Insect World (Battat Terra)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Insect World (Battat Terra) Empty
PostSubject: Insect World (Battat Terra)   Insect World (Battat Terra) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 am

Review of the set, Insect World by Battat Terra, new for 2017. So, I stumbled upon this set on Amazon.com while searching for something else. I did not have any interest in it, as I assumed it would contain the usual generic Toy Major-style figures (I was proven correct). However, at work we were given $10 gift cards for Amazon. So, I figured since I could get the set for half-off, might as well take a look to see what it's like.

Like all of the Terra 'bucket' sets, it consists of 60 figures, 5 each of 12 different sculpts. I knew this ahead of time and was not expecting 60 different figures (that would have been nice LOL). When I saw them, my hunch was confirmed, these are all the generic 'chinabug' style popularized by Toy Major and its knock-offs. They are made of a stronger, firmer plastic, and the paint seems darker, but the sculpts are essentially the same (the smaller of the two spiders does seem different however).

The undersides are not labeled with creature name, company name, nor any series numbers or letters, so if these got mixed up with other chinabugs, you might not remember what belongs to this set ;-)

Since there is nothing really exciting here, I took two pics of 6 each. I didn't feel it was worth the time to take individual pics for each item (I might down the road someday).

I'll probably throw in sets of 12 as extras during exchanges, etc...

1. the bucket:

Insect World (Battat Terra) 20180110_173052

2. cicada, bee, ant, fly, dragonfly, ladybug:

Insect World (Battat Terra) 20180110_173733

3: scorpion, spider (two styles), grasshopper, mantis, cricket:

Insect World (Battat Terra) 20180110_173800
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Insect World (Battat Terra)   Insect World (Battat Terra) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 8:25 am

Nice catch :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Insect World (Battat Terra)   Insect World (Battat Terra) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 am

Thankyou for showing them, and telling about them ! Very Happy

This can be very useful, as you say, if one has some Chinabugs, and doesn't know that they are really from Terra study

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Insect World (Battat Terra)   Insect World (Battat Terra) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Your comparison with Toy Major is intringuing. Actually, their Terra mamals , in terms of concept, looks like a slight upgrade of the large solide Toy Major figures. These bugs, are also quite generic as some TM as you mentioned. They also suffer from similar problems like the 6-legged scorpions, etc. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Insect World (Battat Terra)   Insect World (Battat Terra) Empty

Back to top Go down

Insect World (Battat Terra)
Page 1 of 1