Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Maia & Borges mares

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

My Maia & Borges mares Empty
PostSubject: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 4:00 am

I'm not sure when or how I realized Maia & Borges released good old Schleich molds again, probably it was thanks to Susanne's topic with these horses. And when I saw them on MPV I appreciated the chance to get them. So in September with Breyer Nazruddin I have ordered two of them.
The grey one, supposed to be a Lipizzaner:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well the colour fits to a Lipizzaner, but not the conformation, as it was formerly released as a Schleich Holsteiner mare. It sure is a sport warmblood rather than baroque horse.
Only her overfilled eyes are bothering me a bit...

Here is a comparison with the Schleich Holsteiner mares: light brown from covered vagon from Indian world (she has the champion wreath cause she is kinda champion as she won all Schleich rounds on last year show in my region) and with original Holsteiner mare that Yvette sent me in December (she was my grail by Schleich).
They're all in good conditions, even though the Scheich ones are second hand models and I can't decide which one I like the most.
(sorry the dark bay Holsteiner is too dark, but when I lightened the photo, the grey one was too light)

The second mare I have chosen is the "Arabian" horse on former Trakehner mare.
Well this could maybe be an Arabian, she has high neck and tail carriage. I wonder what colour is she, her mane is almost black, but the tail is chestnut.
So I supposed she is dark liver chestnut, tail or mane of liver chestnuts sometimes appears to be black. I really like this mold, very good representant of elegant Trakehner, far better than the current Schleich Trakehners.

Here is a comparison with the original Schleich Trakehner.
The Schleich one is from second hand and has some scratches, and the shading of the MB one is very nice...
...so I probably like the new MB mare more.

I keep both MB mares as Trakehners and bought them to be dams for my Schleich foals from magazine:
The grey one for the Black Trakehner filly, their pose is very similar and black foals usually turn grey over time, so I guess this is great mother-daughter duo.
The chestnut Trakehner is mother of Knabstrupper foal (the Danish Knabstrupper Studbook allows to mares of some other warmblood breeds deliver a Knabstrupper foal and Trakehner mares are the most appreciated).
Their pose is also similar, I got this idea with the orginial Trakehner, but this chestnut fits more to the foal with her colour - the foal has the same dark chestnut mane, tail and legs. I showed them and they won Schleich/rubber mare and foal class and 3rd place of all mares and foals.

I'm really happy Maia & Borges released them, cause they're really among Schleich best molds. The quality is (except overfilled eyes of the grey mare) very good, both of material and paintwork.
I'm definitely going to add the Buckskin mare to the herd, she is already on her way. So I will have the complete conga Wink and later maybe the black Trakehner as well...

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta

Last edited by onatello on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 4:27 am

I am glad these can be found now on MPV. They're turning rare locally and the buckskin is impossible to find now. For a dedicated collector of Schleich horses, I think htese are as unmissable as the special editions. It is a fact that they are not marked Schleich once they are Maia & Borges models but, they are the same molds. The manufacturing quality is also far superior when compared with most specials. I was told that it is just an experimental reissue and these may turn rare eventually. I don't like the breeds chosen, though, as they're not marked, a collector could ignore them easily. I love your topic with the congas, foals and comparison. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 5:30 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 am

Thank you, Roger and Andreas.
I agree they are must have for Schleich collectors, at least for that collectors focused on golden era of Schleich. And they're like the special edition with different painting, they're not easy to get. I didn't know they were experimental reissue and they could become even rarer. I'm happy I got them and that I decided also for the buckskin - she will be Kinsky horse, local Czech breed typical for buckskins and palominos.
Happy you like my photos, I'm not very pleased with them as light conditions on our flat aren't ideal, but the conga and foal thing was fun for me.

Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:21 am

Congrats with these beautiful additions!
Totally agree they are a Schleich collectors must have.

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:33 am

Benga1996 wrote:
Congrats with these beautiful additions!
Totally agree they are a Schleich collectors must have.
Thank you!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 2:41 pm

They are wonderful cheers
I always loved the ild Holsteiner and Trakhener, and the new colours look great on them Very Happy

Thankyou for the beautyful pictures, which I enjoy very much sunny

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Hello there,
as I promised, I enlarge my Maia & Borges herd with the buckskin horse on Hoslteiner mold.
I do love buckskins, this one is bit orange for me, she has nice shading and undertones though.
Her tag says just "buckskin horse", not specific breed, and she is very nice example of a warmblood/sporthorse, I keep (and show) her as Kinsky horse (or Equus Kinsky), it is quite rare Czech breed typical with dilute horses.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Happy that I can have another of our national breeds in my herd. And happy that thanks to Yvette who has sent me the original dark bay Holsteiner I can have the complete conga on this mold:
Photo is too dark, it is complicated to take photo of white grey horse among (much) darker ones...

Now the task is to complete also the conga on Trakehner mold Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 12:56 am

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 4:13 am

widukind wrote:
Congrats
Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 am

That's great! Locally, the buckskin is by far the hardest to find so I assume it is the rarer of the Maia & Borges horses. I do believe that a Schleich conga is not complete if there's no M&B version on it. Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Roger wrote:
That's great! Locally, the buckskin is by far the hardest to find so I assume it is the rarer of the Maia & Borges horses. I do believe that a Schleich conga is not complete if there's no M&B version on it. Very Happy

Thank you Roger, good to know the buckskin one is the rarest.
I hope I will be able to complete also the Trakehner conga, the pinto mare from covered vagon is on the way. And then I have to get the black one by M&B and then the one Mojö from this year. It would be nice to see more of good old Schleich moulds in new colours. Be it produced by M&B or by Mojö.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Maia & Borges mares   My Maia & Borges mares Empty

Back to top Go down

My Maia & Borges mares
Page 1 of 1