Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which killer whale is this?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DT2017

Country/State : Germany

Which killer whale is this? Empty
PostSubject: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 am

Here is a foto of a killer whale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It says its from Safari Ltd. 1996.
Its about 14 cm long.
But I cannot find it on toyanimal.info

Any idea which katalog # it has?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 3:40 pm

I think it may be the Wild Safari Sealife Killer Whale no 275129 from 1997 - 2007  !!!! cheers
We marked it 255129a, because the next one also had that item no. A very irritating habit of Safari's for many years  Laughing
So it seems the model was made in 1996, but launched in 1997.

If you scroll a bit more then halfway down here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , you can see that it is marked with red, which means that we know almost nothing about it .

So you got a true rarity there cheers Applause cheers

Ohhh, please, please, can I ask you to make a photo for TAI , with a lego block, standard battery, bic-pern or such standard item , to show the size ???  bounce  drunken  sunny  flower  bounce  Very Happy
I

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Yes !!! It IS that one !!! I just checked my catalogue from 2003, and can see that it is the one you have cheers

DT2017

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:43 pm

I can make a photo.
Give me some days.
I can give you also one for the Safari 422129 Whale Shark & 202229 Tiger Shark which are also marked as red.

Which resolution do you need?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Welcome here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Welcome on forum and I think you asked it on perfect place. If you ever ask Safari Ltd about one of their long retired figures, they will likely tell you to ask on STS. Laughing
Yes, we are the first community that created a comprehensive source about Safari, it was quite impossible to find information about the brand before. Considering how extensive are Safari's collections, we have it, obviously, not finished although the most part is already at the wiki. It is a big joy that you will help us to fill some gaps up. Thanks in advance. Very Happy
Susanne turned in a real expert with Safari and I doubt there is in this planet a bigger Safari collection than hers. Safari should prise her in any way. There's only a little note, I can't find the figure on 2006 catalogue but it may be my fault or it was retired before. scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 am

DT2017 wrote:
I can make a photo.
Give me some days.
I can give you also one for the Safari 422129 Whale Shark & 202229 Tiger Shark which are also marked as red.

Which resolution do you need?

Ohh! Thankyou cheers cheers cheers cheers
It is always a joy to remove more of the "red" Safaris Very Happy

Hmm, I don't know about resolution. I use the standard of my rather dummy-camera Embarassed
But for TAI I downsize them to 800 pixel wide and 600 pixels high ( app), so the resolution does not need to be extremely high Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 am

Roger wrote:
Welcome on forum and I think you asked it on perfect place. If you ever ask Safari Ltd about one of their long retired figures, they will likely tell you to ask on STS. Laughing
Yes, we are the first community that created a comprehensive source about Safari, it was quite impossible to find information about the brand before. Considering how extensive are Safari's collections, we have it, obviously, not finished although the most part is already at the wiki. It is a big joy that you will help us to fill some gaps up. Thanks in advance. Very Happy
Susanne turned in a real expert with Safari and I doubt there is in this planet a bigger Safari collection than hers. Safari should prise her in any way. There's only a little note, I can't find the figure on 2006 catalogue but it may be my fault or it was retired before. scratch

Yes ! Isn't it strange ?
You can find hundreds of Schleich-pages, but untill we made TAI, there was nowhere to find info of their older models Shocked

About this orca not being in the 2006-catalogue ...
I do not have that catalogue. I have the dealer's catalogue from 1990, 1994,  2003, and then the little consumer ones from 2007 and on .
As far as I remember, the gaps were filled out by Safari, but there may well be the well known ( esp from Bullyland) confusion between dealer-info and consumer-info scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 11:07 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes ! Isn't it strange ?
You can find hundreds of Schleich-pages, but untill we made TAI, there was nowhere to find info of their older models Shocked

About this orca not being in the 2006-catalogue ...
I do not have that catalogue. I have the dealer's catalogue from 1990, 1994,  2003, and then the little consumer ones from 2007 and on .
As far as I remember, the gaps were filled out by Safari, but there may well be the well known ( esp from Bullyland) confusion between dealer-info and consumer-info scratch

I was wrong as it seems usual recently. Sad On catalogue posted on forum, I've found these orcas. It is identifyied as a 2006 catalogue. Sorry for my mistake.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 6:33 pm

How do I contribute pictures?
By PM or is there another way?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 7:59 pm

DT2017 wrote:
How do I contribute pictures?
By PM or is there another way?

You can PM, or just send an e-mail to me : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which killer whale is this?   Which killer whale is this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which killer whale is this?
Page 1 of 1