Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There are some new tubes by Wild Republic

Go down 
+7
PhocidPhreak
bmathison1972
WhiteLightning Wolf
SUSANNE
Roger
NightLioness
widukind
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2018 1:22 pm

sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Interesting; a tiger salamander

According to the website it is a giant salamander, so probably a Pacific Giant salamander!

that makes more sense. It didn't strike me for a tiger salamander, but I couldn't think of a better option in North America (since it was in a NA-centric set)
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2018 12:40 pm

sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

According to the website it is a giant salamander, so probably a Pacific Giant salamander!

I'll have to look at mine again but I'm fairly certain it is NOT labeled as a Pacific Giant Salamander OR Tiger Salamander. scratch

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2018 8:15 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I'll have to look at mine again but I'm fairly certain it is NOT labeled as a Pacific Giant Salamander OR Tiger Salamander. scratch

I'm just going by what it says in the web description.

Remember when K&M/Wild Republic would identify figures to species level? Good times...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 11:31 am

Very nice figures! Wouldn't a Hellbender make the most sense for North America? Either way, it could work as any of those species. I'm really impressed with their selection and pricing so far.

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 12:11 pm

sbell wrote:
sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Remember when K&M/Wild Republic would identify figures to species level? Good times...

I wish they still did. Sad I remembered to look at mine today and it is labeled as a "Hellbender".

barracudacat wrote:
Very nice figures!  Wouldn't a Hellbender make the most sense for North America?  Either way, it could work as any of those species.  I'm really impressed with their selection and pricing so far.  

They are very nice for the prices, especially the ones that are solid plastic (and some are) from the new polybag sets. The salamander is one of them that is solid. Very Happy

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Wow that's a nice one, and it's the first hellbender figure?

I have the Insect Adventure Bucket Set en route to me!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:16 pm

I think that may be indeed the first Hellbender figure! So that's exciting. Now to find one!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 1:23 am

A very interesting salamander

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2018 11:20 am

I got the new dolphins and whales toob, pets toob and African Family toob Very Happy
Found them in a shop in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Shall share pictures today or tomorrow! Very Happy

Last edited by NightLioness on Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2018 11:44 am

NightLioness wrote:
I got the new dolphins and whales toob, pets toob and African Family toob Very Happy Found them in a shop in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Shall share pictures today or tomorrow! Very Happy

Congrats, i have the dolphins/whales and the penguins now. For the other i am curious to see the pics.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2018 12:59 pm

NightLioness wrote:
I got the new dolphins and whales toob, pets toob and African Family toob Very Happy
Found them in a shop in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Shall share pictures today or tomorrow! Very Happy

Nice, if you are willing to part with the hermit crab from the Pets Tube, let me know (only thing of interest in there for me)
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2018 1:08 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Nice, if you are willing to part with the hermit crab from the Pets Tube, let me know (only thing of interest in there for me)

I might if you have something interesting to trade :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Wonderful that there is an Hellbender in that polybag! Anotehr good news is that it is solide. An Hellbender is a giant salamander anyway, good to see a different species from the Japanese one. Are there Chinese giant salamanders around? Wink

sbell

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Roger wrote:
Wonderful that there is an Hellbender in that polybag! Anotehr good news is that it is solide. An Hellbender  is a giant salamander anyway, good to see a different species from the Japanese one. Are there Chinese giant salamanders around? Wink

I think that Hellbender is the first Wild Republic figure I've wanted in a long time! Now I just have to find one...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Wonderful that there is an Hellbender in that polybag! Anotehr good news is that it is solide. An Hellbender  is a giant salamander anyway, good to see a different species from the Japanese one. Are there Chinese giant salamanders around? Wink

I think that Hellbender is the first Wild Republic figure I've wanted in a long time! Now I just have to find one...

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Interesting; a tiger salamander!

I am in the US and can order these but nothing really of interest. There appears to be a hermit crab in the Pets Tube; I am willing to get that if someone wants all of the remaining figures after the hermit crab.

I feel like there is a new renaissance starting in toy animal figures based on companies' releases recently...

No, i guess it's a Hellbender, a Cryptobranchus.
Who can get me this Polybag? Must-have now, pleeease Very Happy

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Roger wrote:

there is a figurine showing a hybrid A.japonicus * A.davidianus, made by Kaiyodo. The same mould as the japonicus, just different paintjob,...

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 3:19 pm

PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:

there is a figurine showing a hybrid A.japonicus * A.davidianus, made by Kaiyodo. The same mould as the japonicus, just different paintjob,...

It is interesting although it was more desirable a dedicated sculpt. Which version is that? Is it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sbell

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 12:30 am

Roger wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:

It is interesting although it was more desirable a dedicated sculpt. Which version is that? Is it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No, they're from a Kyoto capsule-aquarium series. They are quite rare and always very expensive...it's why I don't have any of them

The set can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oddly, getting the non-salamander figures was easy and relatively inexpensive at the time; the whole set is pretty high priced now.

But to answer the original question, I am not aware of a Chinese giant salamander figure.

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks!
Yes, confused the companies. Burt figurines are in my collection, except for the white larva.

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:

No, they're from a Kyoto capsule-aquarium series. They are quite rare and always very expensive...it's why I don't have any of them

The set can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oddly, getting the non-salamander figures was easy and relatively inexpensive at the time; the whole set is pretty high priced now.

But to answer the original question, I am not aware of a Chinese giant salamander figure.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 pm

PeGe wrote:
Thanks!
Yes, confused the companies. Burt figurines are in my collection, except for the white larva.

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:

You're lucky. I've never seen one for a low enough price to make it worth it...I have other Japanese giant salamanders after all.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Thanks Sirs for all your informations about these giant salamanders and I hope we all find the American one. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 pm

sbell wrote:
sbell wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I wish they still did. Sad I remembered to look at mine today and it is labeled as a "Hellbender".

barracudacat wrote:
Very nice figures!  Wouldn't a Hellbender make the most sense for North America?  Either way, it could work as any of those species.  I'm really impressed with their selection and pricing so far.  

They are very nice for the prices, especially the ones that are solid plastic (and some are) from the new polybag sets. The salamander is one of them that is solid. Very Happy

So question to all--is this a new set? The site is out of stock, and I can't find them anywhere online--although they were obviously for sale at one point!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 1:58 am

How did I miss this fantastic topic affraid

What wonderful news cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 11:34 am

new whales tube(beluga whale, blue whale, sperm whale, orca, narwhal, humpback whale, spotted dolphin, common dolphin, Atlantic dolphin, dusky dolphin, and bottlenose dolphin)

new penguin tube (Yellow-eyed, Erect-crested, Macaroni, Humboldt, Emperor, Gentoo, Chinstrap, Rockhopper, King, Adelie, and Little Penguin)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There are some new tubes by Wild Republic   There are some new tubes by Wild Republic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

There are some new tubes by Wild Republic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next