Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arctic hare figures sizes

Go down 
+6
bmathison1972
Megaptera
landrover
Ana
SUSANNE
terrorchicken
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
terrorchicken

terrorchicken

Country/State : USA

Arctic hare figures sizes Empty
PostSubject: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 am

hi,i could anyone tell me if the arctic hare figures from Schleich, Papo and Safari ltd are roughly the same size? I'd like to get an arctic hare for my collection but the Schleich one is the hardest to find and most expensive, but its the size Im looking for. If the other two are around the same size it would be easier for me to get one of those. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 am

The Safari Arctic hare is larger than the other two, but in my opinion it is an outstanding model Very Happy

Actually the Schleich one is not an Arctic hare, but a mountain hare rabbit

Right now I can't find the Papo one , but here are Schleich and Safari :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Papo hare is a wonderful model too .
See him Here

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Ha, ha, the lovely Papo hare was standing right in front of my nose all the time geek

Here they are together :

And now the "i" has disappeared from Safari...there must be trolls in my house today Laughing

terrorchicken

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 6:32 pm

oh these are great pics, thanks Susanne! I still prefer the Schleich but the Papo is a good alternative. I didn't know the Schleich one was a mountain hare, or that mountain hares are a different species. Learn something new here everyday!

I love the Safari one too, reminds me of the rabbits from Watership Down, very alert and ready for a fight, lol!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Great that you can use the picture Very Happy

Ohh, yes. Watership Down ! I never dared to read it. It is very sad, isn't it ? Shocked

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Thank you for comparison pictures! I like the Safari one a lot, it reminds the Snowshoe hare (Lepus americanus), isn't it? Smile

SUSANNE wrote:
Great that you can use the picture Very Happy

Ohh, yes. Watership Down ! I never dared to read it. It is very sad, isn't it ? Shocked

"Watership Down" has a few sad moments but it's a good read, it's not overly pessimistic Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Interesting topic and great comparison.

Thanks Terrorchicken and Susanne. cheers

terrorchicken

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 pm

I never read Watership Down but have seen the film. It will make you see rabbits in a whole new way! Shocked

btw I thought the snowshoe hare and arctic hare were the same animal. All these white bunnies look alike! scratch
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 am

terrorchicken wrote:
I never read Watership Down but have seen the film. It will make you see rabbits in a whole new way! Shocked

btw I thought the snowshoe hare and arctic hare were the same animal. All these white bunnies look alike! scratch

The snowshoe hare has even bigger feet than the Arctic hare. But the model can be any of the two I think? the ears are more like of an Arctic species (shorter ears) and feet more like of the snowshoe hare, at least that's my impression Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 2:16 pm

The one from Schleich is a Mountain Hare, which you can find in alpine regions for example.
The ones from Safari and Papo are real Arctic Hares.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 pm

In terms of being realistic, I think Safari is the best (which is why it is in my Synoptic Collection :).

I think the larger feel are probably just for figure stability, but the ears and color definitely favor the Arctic hare!
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Yes, the one from Safari is the best one. The Hare from Papo is a Hare, which has surpassed the winter and is waiting for spring.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 6:39 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
In terms of being realistic, I think Safari is the best (which is why it is in my Synoptic Collection :).

I think the larger feel are probably just for figure stability, but the ears and color definitely favor the Arctic hare!

Thats true :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Yes, the one from Safari is the best one. The Hare from Papo is a Hare, which has surpassed the winter and is waiting for spring.

And Schleich is a domestic rabbit painted white! LOL
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:59 pm

I think because Schleich is a company located in the southern part of Germany, they used the so called Alpine Mountain Hare as a template:

I've seen some of them, when we were wandering in German part of the alps. And the model from Schleich has the same body shape
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Here are some other examples:

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 pm

That makes sense! Good reason to pick it up as a new species LOL
Back to top Go down
Nasreddin

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 7:37 pm

What is the difference between Safari & Papo subspecies ? They look quite different 🤔

I think arctic fox close arctic hare is more sensible. but I haven't seen a good comparison. especially schleich arctic fox and safari arctic hare.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 10:13 am

No subspecies differences, just brand interpretation I think.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 10:36 pm

I think you are right Christophe. Actually I have the Papo Arctic hare and it looks somewhat like a generic rabbit figure painted in white but it looks nice anyway. Safari's is defintely an Arctic hare but I don't have it.
What's the question about the Arctic foxes, is it something I can help?

Nasreddin

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 11:46 pm

Roger wrote:

What's the question about the Arctic foxes, is it something I can help?

Some photos that show arctic fox & arctic hare together can be interesting. As safari arctic hare is big, do we have a good arctic fox with logical dimension? 🤔

I know that Papo & Schleich arctic fox are small in comparison with arctic hare that made
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 1:10 am

I don't have the Safari Arctic hare to compare. Maybe the fox which have a good size is the McDonald's Arctic fox. Here is a picture together with the Schleich mountain hare.

However, I have the Papo arctic hare and all Arctic foxes from major brands except the last Safari. Let me know which specific comparisons do you want.

Nasreddin

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 2:21 am

Roger wrote:
I don't have the Safari Arctic hare to compare. Maybe the fox which have a good size is the McDonald's Arctic fox. Here is a picture together with the Schleich mountain hare.

However, I have the Papo arctic hare and all Arctic foxes from major brands except the last Safari. Let me know which specific comparisons do you want.

Thanks 🌹
Scheich arctic fox vs papo arctic hare
Papo arctic fox vs papo artic hare
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 9:24 am

OK, here are the requested pictures, let me know if you need more.
I'm glad I photographed the Papo Arctic hare and it is actually a decent Arctic hare figure and not a generic rabbit figure as I mentioned earlier. We can see that the shape of the body is more "keel" shaped than what we see on domestic rabbit figures.
I'm providing a picture from the top where you can see a different perspective to compare sizes.

Schleich Arctic Fox and Papo Arctic hare

Papo Arctic fox and Arctic hare

Nasreddin

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 10:50 am

Roger wrote:

Nice shots 😍👏
So as I guessed we can't set these Arctic fox with Arctic hares together. they have same height 😵💫

Also safari arctic hare is bigger than Arctic fox
Maybe new Safari arctic fox is a better choise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes Empty

Back to top Go down

Arctic hare figures sizes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next