Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?

Go down 
+3
Bloodrayne
Roger
diegomouracampos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

Country/State : Brazil/São Paulo

Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptyMon 09 Jul 2018, 23:01

Hey! I collect south american animals and my next goal is to find a good golden lion tamarin! I've seen this one from Papo, but I don't know if its size will match the rest of my collection (mainly Schleich, Papo and Safari), can anyone show me a picture of it with a cup, ruler or other figures so I know if it's worth buying it?

I have a big pet peeve with animals not matching sizes and the golden lion tamarin are supposed to be small lol
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptyTue 10 Jul 2018, 00:36

Jean-Luc got it as you can [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I only don't know if he will see your request. Not many people got it yet but I am sure a lot of us will acquire that figure and you'll have the chance of seeing its size. monkey

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptyTue 10 Jul 2018, 21:22

Maybe this helps?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]images upload

(Picture taken by smallscaleworld.blogspot.com )

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptyTue 10 Jul 2018, 22:51

Here is my Papo lion tamarin on my ungulate shelf and on my feline shelf.
As you can see, it is pretty big in comparison.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

posted image

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018, 00:03

It might be a 'smaller' figure, but there is no way you will find one 1:1 with typical animals. That would just be too tiny I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018, 00:47

bmathison1972 wrote:
It might be a 'smaller' figure, but there is no way you will find one 1:1 with typical animals. That would just be too tiny I'm afraid.

I think you mean in scale with typical animal figures. a golden lion tamarin in 1:1 scale would be huge! monkey
Having animals in scale is often an illusion, it is rarely possible, maybe we can keep only a certain illusion where a smaller animal is slightly smaller than a larger animal even when the difference in size can be dramatic. It was exaustively discussed on forum already. The Papo is probably the closest option to match with figures from other major brands but there are several smaller ones that could be seen on Toy Animal Wiki. I have the Nayab figure and it is really small.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptyWed 11 Jul 2018, 12:39

Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I think you mean in scale with typical animal figures. a golden lion tamarin in 1:1 scale would be huge! monkey
Having animals in scale is often an illusion, it is rarely possible, maybe we can keep only a certain illusion where a smaller animal is slightly smaller than a larger animal even when the difference in size can be dramatic. It was exaustively discussed on forum already. The Papo is probably the closest option to match with figures from other major brands but there are several smaller ones that could be seen on Toy Animal Wiki. I have the Nayab figure and it is really small.

yes, in scale with other animals, thanks.
Back to top Go down
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

Country/State : Brazil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptySat 14 Dec 2019, 06:46

That is awesome! Thank you all for all your answers!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptySat 14 Dec 2019, 07:57

diegomouracampos wrote:
Hey! I collect south american animals and my next goal is to find a good golden lion tamarin! I've seen this one from Papo, but I don't know if its size will match the rest of my collection (mainly Schleich, Papo and Safari), can anyone show me a picture of it with a cup, ruler or other figures so I know if it's worth buying it?

I have a big pet peeve with animals not matching sizes and the golden lion tamarin are supposed to be small lol

Welcome to the club of collectors that wanted to have a well scaled collection of animals fitting together, but that can't do it because brands do every species in a different scale! I think that finally we all end relaxing our scale acceptance, at least a bit. If I would put my CollectA fennec fox with my Papo elephant seal together, I would have a pig-sized fennec or a sheep-sized elephant seal, depending of which one you choose for compare Very Happy

Certainly, the Papo golden lion tamarin is the size of a big male howler monkey. Too strikingly ginormous for accept it in my collection.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Golden marmoset   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? EmptySat 14 Dec 2019, 20:33

This is the slightly smaller model by Kaiyodo.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?   Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone got Golden Lion Tamarin from Papo?
Page 1 of 1