Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.) Empty
PostSubject: Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)   Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.) EmptySun 02 Sep 2018, 15:32

Review of a set of crickets and katydids called Sound of Autumn by Dreams Come True, LTD, originally released in 2004. At the time of the initial writing, I have only five of the eight figures in the set. I hope to complete this set for sure! The theme is singing orthopteroids, and features eight crickets and katydids. Each figure comes permanently attached in a plastic cage (see first image). You can push a button on the side of the cage and it plays the sound the animal makes! The batteries in mine must have been dead as none made sound (or maybe batteries were not included - I did not feel like unscrewing the bottom to find out).

I do not like to display figures in captivity, so I physically removed them, which meant irreparably damaging the cages. The insects are attached by a rubber extension which was easy to cut off. The individual insects are small, including appendages they are roughly 3.4-4.0 cm long (to put things in perspective, the cages are 5.5 cm x 4.0 cm x 3.5 cm. They are a solid piece relatively soft plastic. Nice detail given their size.

Each figure also comes with a card with the scientific name and a piece of candy. I am so grateful Latin names were included. And of the first five I have, not only are they all new species, they are all new genera! Orthopteroids are not often marketed at the species level, so this is a nice treat!

First an individual box, figure still in the cage, and the accompanying paper:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next the liberated crickets:

On to the figures, in the order they are labeled as on the packaging:

3. Mecopoda nipponensis.

4. Velarifictorus aspersus.

5. Dianemobius nigrofasciatus [marketed as Pteronemobius nigrofasciatus).

7. Xenogryllus marmoratus. I love the raised wings on this one!!!

8. Loxoblemmus doenitzi.

Now...to get the remaining three!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)   Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.) EmptySun 02 Sep 2018, 16:53

cheers I agree with you, beautiful raised wings on Xenogryllus marmoratus.

Congrats.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)   Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.) EmptySun 02 Sep 2018, 17:25

Very very interesting again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)   Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.) EmptySun 02 Sep 2018, 17:55

WOW !!! This is surely exceptionel !
Both models and the culture it shows cheers

Thankyou very much for sharing Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)   Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.) EmptyMon 03 Sep 2018, 00:03

I'd surely love to watch a video where we could listen to them singing. It is a pity they were not working or you could make the video to perpetuate it before liberating the figures. I like the concept. I am not sure they promote that we should use these insects in cages or if it is exactly the opposite giving us a funny alternative to the real ones. I hope you can find the remaining ones, keep your ears tuned. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)   Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sound of Autumn (Dreams Come True, LTD.)
Page 1 of 1