Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018) Empty
PostSubject: Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018)   Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 10:15 am

Walkaround of the migratory locust, Locusta migratoria (Linnaeus, 1758) by Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, No. 5, new for 2018. For most of the last several years, T-TARTS' annual 'B.I.G. Insects' set has included four scarabaeoid beetles and one non-scarabaeoid. Recent examples include the Japanese carpenter ant, the giant Asian hornet, a couple mantids, and a crayfish.

The figure is stunning. Definitely above par for T-TARTS insect figures! The four beetles that were released along side this figure are nice but simple: very smooth and monochromatic. The locust is anything but. Extreme detail went into the texture, and it has a nice matte-like finish. The colors are very nice, and depict the usual scheme of the species' solitary phase.

The figure measures 8.0 cm (not including antennae nor legs), making it slightly larger than 1:1 for the normal range of 4.0-6.0 cm. Like most figures in these series, assembly is required. This one comes in 9 pieces: wings; abdomen and meso- + metathorax; upper portion of prothorax; head; the middle and hind legs are individual, but the front pair of legs are part of the underside of the prothorax.

The figure is a real gem! Let the pics speak for themselves:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018)   Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 10:31 am

A nice modell :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018)   Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018) EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 10:54 am

Really marvelous, him color is fantastic. flower flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018)   Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018) Empty

Back to top Go down

Migratory Locust (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - B.I.G. Insects, 2018)
Page 1 of 1