Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models

Go down 
+8
K907
Andre
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
Numa
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andre

Country/State : Sweden

SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:13 am

SUSANNE wrote:

WOW! I did not know that Shocked

But it sounds very strange, Safari were made in USA and Schleich in West Germany scratch
Or did Safari also get stuff from Schleich in Germany ?
Or was it just the packaging your friend talked about ?

Susanne,

you are probably correct!

It seems some of the animals were made before Schleich started with the Vanishing Wild. For example Schleich started selling these in 1993. But it seems the gorillas Safari had made already in 1990.???

So probably Schleich only sold these in new nice boxes. :) He probably meant that the same factory made these and that the factory sent to both companies. Like this:"- Today we make animals for Safari instead( meaning to be sent to Safari ltd)!" And next time they made them they sent them to Schleich instead to be sold by them! :)

But the Carnegiecollection Schleich already had in their catalogue since 1990. So they probably worked together already then.

I guess that after Schleich had their financial problems in 1986, after the failure with the S-point toys and the dramatic fell in sales for the smurfs worldwide, they had to find new toys to sell and also new ways to sell them. They also used many of their smurfmolds for the Alfred Kwak figurine and also the farmlife accessories, like the 40144 wagon which was made 10 years before for the smurfs! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:16 am

Gosh, you know a lot about Schleich Very Happy
So they were in trouble in 1986 ?
What a shame about the S-toys, I would have loved to have some, but have never seen the on auction Crying or Very sad
Yes, it is tough to enter a new part of the market. I just heard that Lego is having bad problems after they tried to make a sort of game on the net. They should have asked some experts first Rolling Eyes

About the cart...I do not have the set 40144 or 40145, but I have the 13404, and it is a lot larger than the Smurf-cart scratch
Or perhaps it is another Smurf-cart ? I have almost no Smurfs, I just got this one for fun, to put on the shelf together with the larger one Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry for the bad photo. I have these packed away, and cut this out from a photo of my shelf taken some while ago Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Andre

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:47 am

Yes it was made out of the same mold as the smurfcart.

This is the green one you have sold 1991 with articlenumber 13404. As you see they changed to new wheels though. Both with cavitynumber 1, just so you can see they are identical. cheers
Back to top Go down
Andre

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:52 am

This is the marking on the 40145 darkbrown cart. Same here. They used a smurfcartmold for this one.

I have never seen the lightbrown cart in the 40144 accessorie-set for the farmlife. I am not sure it exists??

Cavity 2 on both carts!! :)

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Nice stuff to see!
By the way, Safari is still producing some of those smaller Authentic animals today, only under their own name, and with different colours.

Left the later Safari version, right the Schleich/Safari Autentics version

Here the same, left the later Safari, right the earlier Schleich/Safari Authentics model

By the way, Rogerio, i think you did oversee this fox in the catalogue, as it is really there when you look good! Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:30 am

Are you sure they still produce the sets of authentics Shocked

Arrrhgh, I would so much love to have the sets of butterflies, farm animals and jungle bounce bounce bounce Shocked

If you find them on the net, please, please, let me know cheers
(Not safari.eu, they have closed the shop Sad )
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:34 am

Andre wrote:
Yes it was made out of the same mold as the smurfcart.

This is the green one you have sold 1991 with articlenumber 13404. As you see they changed to new wheels though. Both with cavitynumber 1, just so you can see they are identical. cheers

WOW! You have a most amazin collection Shocked

Thankyou for sharing these interesting facts flower sunny

Do you have a home page with your collection ? bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Surprising of seeing some Safari product line is still running till today for example the gray whale & Carnegie Dimetrodon. A nice share!!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks again!! cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models   SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SCHLEICH 1993 Catalogue with Safari Ltd models
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2