Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February, time of loves for lynxes?

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
Pardofelis
Tove
Caracal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

February, time of loves for lynxes? Empty
PostSubject: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 11:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The left one is the last from Schleich (repainted) and the other one is the last from Papo..
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 12:21 pm

cheers Lovely photos. The repainted Lynx is very nice. Great job!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 1:08 pm

Wonderful :) I plan to get the four species of lynxes in my next big online buying, maybe for my birthday.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 3:14 pm

This is wonderful , - and even connected to the time of the year Very Happy
I can almost hear them mew-ing and growling or whatever lynxes do, when in heat .  Laughing

Also, we are several people who would like to see a repaint of the new Schleich lynx, and here it is  cheers  
It is a nice sculpt, but the paintwork is horrible...but now we can see it clearly, because your repaint is SO beautyful bounce Applause Applause

Addition : I just found a small Youtube, whith the sound of lynxes in heat bounce cat cat

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Tove wrote:
cheers Lovely photos. The repainted Lynx is very nice. Great job!

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 5:24 pm

thanks Tove, Pardofelis, Susanne and lucky Luke!.. I know now the shout of the common lynx felt in love!.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 5:46 pm

especialy for pardofelis, my repainted iberian lynx from Mojo fun:

I have a lot of common lynxes and only this iberian lynx and I wait for more accurate bobcat and canadian lynx than Safari ones..

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 10:16 pm

Amazing what paint, and an artistic touch can do to a fine model cheers cheers

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Wooooh! Infinitely better than the original! The facial marks of the Papo iberian lynx are meh. But yours are perfect!

Shame of the spots too "ordered in rows". This is more difficult to correct!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 12:38 am

Thank you Andreas, Susanne and Pardofelis!

Pardofelis, this iberian lynx is from Mojo fun not fromp Papo.. now, I dont understand very well what you mean when you write: shame of the spots too "ordered in rows".. many lynxes and servals have spots so ordered!..

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 8:56 am

Oppps, I mean Mojo!
Well, the spots can have the spots arranged more or less in rows as in your last photo, but for sure not as many rows and as perfectly straight as in the Mojo model. But this is how Mojo made the figure, giving it a "too geometric" appareance. You just made it much better turning the plain face into a true Iberian lynx face :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 12:50 am

Ah, great topic and I love lynxes! Susanne is right, someone wanted to see a repaint of the new Schleich lynx and here it is in all its glory! By the way, in factory version, which of the Eurasian lynxes is your favorite, counting with previous Schleichs Bullyland and CollectA?
It is also wonderful to see my beloved Iberian lynxes with such a nice paintwork, I don't know if you ever seen one in my possession that Kosta painted for me... you can see it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cat I have both Safari American lynxes, I don't think they're bad although they could be much better, especially in terms of painting. Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 2:16 am

thank you Roger for your warm words!..

My favourite version of eurasian lynx is the last one from Papo.

CollectA lynx is a little too big for me and I find its head a little strange.. Safari canadian Lynx and bobcat are not so bad but not at the same scale of my feline family (they are bigger)and I find too thick the bobcat nose and the canadian lynx legs..

But I like too, the previous Schleich (even if I had to repaint its facial stripes!) and an old version of Bully (not the last one!)

In spite of its poor painting, the new Schleich is rather good in shape and morphology with its longer back legs and its beautifull face but yet too big, as big as last Schleich leopard or leones for exemple and it's why I can't leave it in my feline family!.. a pity.. two days ago, I received the wonderfull Safari serval but was deceptive because of its size, bigger than the Safari clouded leopard(which is fortunatly at the scale of my collection! Smile )..
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 8:45 am

Ohhh! You got the Safari Serval !!! bounce

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 9:25 am

Caracal wrote:

CollectA lynx is a little too big for me and I find its head a little  strange.. Safari canadian Lynx and bobcat are not so bad but not at the same scale of my feline family (they are bigger)and I find too thick the bobcat nose and the canadian lynx legs..

But I like too, the previous Schleich (even if I had to repaint its facial stripes!) and an old version of Bully (not the last one!)

In spite of its poor painting, the new Schleich is rather good in shape and morphology with its longer back legs and its beautifull face but yet too big, as big as last Schleich leopard or leones for exemple and it's why I can't leave it in my feline family!.. a pity.. two days ago, I received the wonderfull Safari serval but was deceptive because of its size, bigger than the Safari clouded leopard(which is fortunatly at the scale of my collection! Smile )..

That's EXTREMELY helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) Big thanks!!!
I will change now my wishlist. I had choosen CollectA for the boreal lynx, but I will look for change it with Papo. And I will change in my wishlist the Safari serval by Kayiodo serval Very Happy
Glad to see that the dreamed clouded panther (I just fell in love when Safari made it!!!) is finally released!!! Tried to get one for Christmas but was not released yet...
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 10:41 am

Wonderful repaints!
What a shame you find the Safari ltd.'s too big. Now we can never see your repainted versions of them...
Caracal wrote:

CollectA lynx is a little too big for me and I find its head a little  strange..

I totally agree. The head is just weird.
I bought one years ago and even tried to repaint it, but something is just wrong with the CollectA's lynx head.
Somehow it always looks startled, surprised and shocked! Laughing
(Hope you don't mind me posting this in your thread.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]image uploaden

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:46 am

..you realy meliorated him with that beautifull redish and white coat, it so well done it seem its original one, even on the face! congrats Bloodrayne! cheers  Yes colours can be changed but not size and it's why it seems to me that it's important to show pack of the same species from differents brands to be able to compare all the models together. If I had come on that fantastic forum before, I certainy would have avoided to command this CollectA lynx and many others figurines which surprised me by their size..

I am glad to help you in your choices Pardofelis  and you're right to command the Kaiyodo serval yet more accurate than the safari one, and not so tall.. Its only default is its price but it's so great!.. and I think I'll command it like you plan to do!..

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Caracal wrote:

CollectA lynx is a little too big for me and I find its head a little  strange.. Safari canadian Lynx and bobcat are not so bad but not at the same scale of my feline family (they are bigger)and I find too thick the bobcat nose and the canadian lynx legs..

That's EXTREMELY helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) Big thanks!!!
I will change now my wishlist. I had choosen CollectA for the boreal lynx, but I will look for change it with Papo. And I will change in my wishlist the Safari serval by Kayiodo serval Very Happy
Glad to see that the dreamed clouded panther (I just fell in love when Safari made it!!!) is finally released!!! Tried to get one for Christmas but was not released yet...

Thanks for your opinion, when I get a figure of a species that I already have, it is important for me to know that it may be better than the version I own. I had already the old Papo, then the previous Schleich and I didn't liked the CollectA when I saw it. To be fair, I don't like very much these. So I hope to get the new Papo and get more satisfied than with the other figures. Size is not a problem for me although I also suspect the serval is a little big to my taste, however, I will want it anyway. Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 11:33 pm

..and you're right of course because it's great!.. with that piece, the last jaguar and the clouded leopard, Safari arrives at the felines papo level I think..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February, time of loves for lynxes?   February, time of loves for lynxes? Empty

Back to top Go down

February, time of loves for lynxes?
Page 1 of 1