Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Century of Lynxes

Go down 
+5
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
landrover
castlerigg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

A Century of Lynxes Empty
PostSubject: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 5:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Different sculptors' interpretations of Lynxes over almost 100 years.

Top Row, left to right -

:: Hausser Elastolin composition Lynx. The master-sculpt for this mould was probably made in the 1920s - certainly while Hausser was still based at Ludwigsburg. This Lynx is in 1930s paint.
:: Another Hausser Elastolin composition Lynx, in 1950s paint.
:: Composition Lynx by Durolin, produced in the 1950s using a Lineol 1930s mould.
:: Schleich 14232 Lynx 1994-2001.

Middle Row, left to right -

:: Schelich 14628 Lynx Cub, 2010-2014.
:: Schleich 14627 Female Lynx 2010-2014.
:: Safari 297029 Bobcat 2011.
:: CollectA 88565 Lynx 2012.
:: Mojo 387064 Iberian Lynx 2012.

Bottom Row, left to right -

:: Safari 181829 Lynx 2016.
:: Papo 50241 Lynx 2018.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Marvelous review of the lynxes.

Vintage companies and new brands here in your photos, with interesting information study study

Thanks for sharing.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 6:07 pm

A phantastic overview :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 10:03 pm

Such a wonderful picture cheers
I can look at this picture for ever , - all are great Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 11:26 pm

I could easily have turned into a lynxes collector instead of a foxes collector. Though, I was so ignorant at the time that I thought only 3 or 4 lynx figures existed. I am a proud collector of foxes and obviously I don't regret it. It also doesn't make it impossible that I start collecting lynxes too. Wink However, I am really happy you are presenting a picture of a centurywith some remarkable models roughly at the same scale. It starts with which is probably the most famous composition lynx model and ends with the reference among modern figures. Wonderful to see other species also, as it is the bobcat, Canada lynx and especially the Mojö Iberian lynx, a very dear figure to me and to our forum. I'd love to see more Century pictures! bounce

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 11:58 pm

Thank you Sue & Lesley for this very interesting travel in the story of lynxes replicas! cheers Applause

To compare with other big cats, lynxes are not so commonly edited, even by modern brands and it remained rare a long time among the vintage brands.

I remember my joy discovering the lynx from Starlux in 1972, it was like a dream because this cat was not well known at this epoch and I was not expecting such a miracle!

I am always happy to discover new editions of this so beautiful cat!
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 10:50 pm

Thanks, everyone! It's nice to see such interest in these animals, and how differently they have been treated by the individual sculptors.

Don't worry, Roger, the Pumas are still to come!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 11:54 pm

Thank you for this wonderful overview of the lynxes. It is great to see them from many eras all together.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 1:44 am

castlerigg wrote:
Thanks, everyone! It's nice to see such interest in these animals, and how differently they have been treated by the individual sculptors.

Don't worry, Roger, the Pumas are still to come!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Surprising and exciting choice. I don't think pumas were continuously released so I am curious to see which figures you will show. Likely Hausser will open it again. Wink

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 am

I love Lynxes so much. And love your collection Sue & Lesley cheers
But I love also Pumas very much... so I am waiting impatiently to see your collection of them bounce

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Great array of lynxes over the years, it seems they have looked similar in presentation of the species since the very beginning

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Century of Lynxes   A Century of Lynxes Empty

Back to top Go down

A Century of Lynxes
Page 1 of 1