Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lion repaint by Anasta

Go down 
+4
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Lion repaint by Anasta Empty
PostSubject: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Hello, dear friends!

After painting a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I felt much more assured about acrylics (I have never worked with any kinds of paints before), and this lion became the second point of this way. I thought it would be easier to paint lion than a german shepherd, but... not, of course XD I had a sudden problem to paint symmetrically.

It isn't an original model, just a cheap copy. Many of collectors don't support them, but this one was used as a blank that is cheaper in 6 times.

I tried to paint something like photo in the catalogue.

Before:
Photo taken on Internet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After:

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Bonus — the same copy painted by my friend Alyona (left) and mine (right).
I love the colors she used I love you

Comparison: Alyona's repaint — original model — mine

Adisa outdoors:

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Looks beautiful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 6:06 pm

I was thinking, wow this looks just like (even better than) the papo roaring lion before I saw it alongside it! Really great job, paints can be hard to work with but this truly looks stunning.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 pm

The lion and German shepherd didn't look so great before you repainted them, but they are absolutely fantastic now!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Now you won't stop. Unless I hope it. It is evident that you should continue repainting and challenging your talent with more and more figures. The repaint is excellent, as well it is Alyona's. The outdoors pictures make it look real even if the surroundings are too green for a savannah. Wink
I don't know if it is too much censurable to acquire a copy when we also get the original. That's a sensitive question but the important here is to enjoy your wonderful work. Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 1:03 pm

widukind wrote:
Looks beautiful

Thank you!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I was thinking, wow this looks just like (even better than) the papo roaring lion before I saw it alongside it! Really great job, paints can be hard to work with but this truly looks stunning.

Thanks! sunny
It's really sad indeed to see how spoils paintjob of comapies from year to year. Sometimes I visit store where I can see animals by several brands standing on the shelves and I'm so dissapointed about some of new Papo and Schleich...

rogerpgvg wrote:
The lion and German shepherd didn't look so great before you repainted them, but they are absolutely fantastic now!

Many thanks!

Roger wrote:
Now you won't stop. Unless I hope it. It is evident that you should continue repainting and challenging your talent with more and more figures. The repaint is excellent, as well it is Alyona's. The outdoors pictures make it look real even if the surroundings are too green for a savannah. Wink
I don't know if it is too much censurable to acquire a copy when we also get the original.  That's a sensitive question but the important here is to enjoy your wonderful work. Very Happy

Thank you, Roger!
We were searching for nice for photos places, but yeah, it's too green for lions XD
About copies: sometimes I buy them (like Mr. Z wolves, but it is a question about interrelation of the quality and price. I have both of original and copies as well, and I'm not really love the original for which I paid in three times higher price. My original is cockeyed). But it seemed to be rarely and I've bought several copies to paint only as blanks. I wasn't sure I'm able to paint not bad. It would be sad destiny to original if I failed :'D

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 pm

fantastic work.

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 pm

It looks really cool! I'm always surprised how much good a nice paintjob does to a model that looks really toy-ish before it is painted:D

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 12:08 pm

All those details... Amazing :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lion repaint by Anasta   Lion repaint by Anasta Empty

Back to top Go down

Lion repaint by Anasta
Page 1 of 1