Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
VexVamp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:40 am

Amur leopard figures are few and far between, so I was beyond ecstatic to find such a beautiful one in this new Colorata set.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 8:39 am

A beautyful kitty !!! I love you

And great pictures, thankyou for sharing Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Thanks for the pics, it is a nice leopard

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 pm

More great photos! The Amur leopard is very rare, not just as a figure, but sadly also in the wild; only 40-70 are left Sad. Some rare footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXAmEDFFero
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 12:44 am

SUSANNE wrote:
A beautyful kitty !!! I love you

And great pictures, thankyou for sharing Applause

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 12:46 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
More great photos! The Amur leopard is very rare, not just as a figure, but sadly also in the wild; only 40-70 are left Sad. Some rare footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXAmEDFFero

It's so heartbreaking that there are so few left. I've been lucky enough to visit a few zoos working to save them, including the San Diego zoo, which had cubs when I was there. This is the same zoo that brought California condors back from the brink of extinction, and I hope they can do the same for these beautiful cats.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 am

widukind wrote:
Thanks for the pics, it is a nice leopard

Thanks, I think so too.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 11:47 pm

The shape in winter coat, the walking attitude, the head of this model are very good!.. the only little defaut is the grey colour inside the spots, they did the same mistake wit the clouded leopard.. maybe Colorata has no light reddish brown?! Very Happy  

But, it's so easy to change to obtain a true Amur leopard! cheers

congratulations for your pictures! Applause

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 12:29 am

I missed also this topic. Sleep I find the figure very good, especially in terms of proportions and pose. The walk around is also perfect, maybe just missing a comparison picture with the CollectA counterpart. Very Happy

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 6:54 pm

nice pose and proportions. But still that typical colorata porcelain appearance issue

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 5:46 am

PeGe wrote:
nice pose and proportions. But still that typical colorata porcelain appearance issue

It is pretty smooth and a bit shiny, though it's not as glaringly obvious in real life due to not always being under a camera flash. I do prefer the way Kaiyodo does the texturing on their small figures, though.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 5:46 am

Caracal wrote:
The shape in winter coat, the walking attitude, the head of this model are very good!.. the only little defaut is the grey colour inside the spots, they did the same mistake wit the clouded leopard.. maybe Colorata has no light reddish brown?! Very Happy  

But, it's so easy to change to obtain a true Amur leopard! cheers

congratulations for your pictures! Applause

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 5:47 am

Roger wrote:
I missed also this topic. Sleep I find the figure very good, especially in terms of proportions and pose. The walk around is also perfect, maybe just missing a comparison picture with the CollectA counterpart. Very Happy

I actually don't have the Collecta Amur leopard, surprisingly enough. But thanks, I'm glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 pm

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

I actually don't have the Collecta Amur leopard, surprisingly enough. But thanks, I'm glad you like it!

It explains everything. If you had it, much probably you would include a comparison picture. I have the CollectA figure but the company didn't make their best with it.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 pm

The CollectA is about 2.5 times larger than the Colorata, I think, but that's all the comparison I can do, because I only have the Colorata.

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Amur Leopard Walkaround
Page 1 of 1