Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
VexVamp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:57 am

Another great figure from this set. Though I will say it reminds me a bit more of a Eurasian lynx than a bobcat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:32 am

WOW! What a beautyful model cheers
I truely love it, - and your pictures are great Applause

Thankyou for the walkaround sunny

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 10:20 am

Great too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:48 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW! What a beautyful model cheers
I truely love it, - and your pictures are great Applause

Thankyou for the walkaround sunny

Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:48 pm

widukind wrote:
Great too :)

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 pm

nice figure! I think it's a bobcat since its back-legs aren't longer than the fore-ones! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Yes, and I think a bobcat has a striped tail, but a European lynx doesn't.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 4:52 pm

With these traditional vibrant colors of Colorata, I understand why it looks an Eurasian lynx to you. It is a nice bobcat and their range of colors is relatively variable for a lynx species.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Very Happy sure this brand deserves its name very well!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Roger wrote:
With these traditional vibrant colors of Colorata, I understand why it looks an Eurasian lynx to you. It is a nice bobcat and their range of colors is relatively variable for a lynx species.

Yes, I was more referencing its colors than its anatomy. The red hue and larger, more distinct spots remind me of a Eurasian lynx. Where I live bobcats tend to be very gray-toned as opposed to red.

Last edited by VexVamp on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Caracal wrote:
nice figure! I think it's a bobcat since its back-legs aren't longer than the fore-ones! :)

That's true, though I was more making a reference to its coloration. The red hue and more distinct spots reminds me of a Eurasian lynx, especially since where I live bobcats are very gray-toned as opposed to red.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 5:37 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Yes, and I think a bobcat has a striped tail, but a European lynx doesn't.

Yeah, the Eurasian lynx vibes I'm getting are coming more from the reddish coloration and very distinct spots. Where I live bobcats tend to be more gray-toned and have blurrier, less distinct markings. The only one I've seen clearly in the wild looked a bit like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 5:21 am

The colour of the Coloratas is usually a bit exaggerated (but that makes them look good). I read somewhere that, apart from colour variations between regions, bobcats are redder in the summer than in the winter. Interestingly, rufus in their latin name Lynx Rufus means red.

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround
Page 1 of 1