Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 6:32 am

Two color variations of the same marten figure, one being a standard Japanese marten, and the other the Tsushima Island subspecies. The Tsushima Island variant was sold as part of the Choco Egg Be-Pal Special Collection [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (not my photo). Despite the fact that the poses on these two aren't nearly as exciting as Kaiyodo's other martens, I still really enjoy them. Martens are my favorite mustelids and one of my favorite animals, and Kaiyodo is one of the few companies to make figures of them. Kaiyodo's tendency to represent more obscure species is one of the reasons I love the company so much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 8:09 am

I love Japanese brands for the same reasons, obscure species, very well done and painted despite the lines. drunken cheers

It is interresting to see how a simple painting can change a figurine.

Again, TAW missed these two models, can I use your pics ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 7:16 pm

That are interesting figures. So now i have seen that i need the japanese marten

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I love Japanese brands for the same reasons, obscure species, very well done and painted despite the lines. drunken cheers

It is interresting to see how a simple painting can change a figurine.

Again, TAW missed these two models, can I use your pics ?

Agreed! And yes, any of my turnarounds can be used for TAW.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 pm

widukind wrote:
That are interesting figures. So now i have seen that i need the japanese marten

Agreed! And a seller currently has that figure for sale on Ebay if you want it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 9:50 pm

For this species, I have the Natural Monuments of Japan figure (I'll showcase it next month!)
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 10:04 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
For this species, I have the Natural Monuments of Japan figure (I'll showcase it next month!)

I have that one as well. Come to think of it, I think I have all of the Kaiyodo martens, unless there are some I don't know about. Anyway, the Natural Monuments figure is probably my favorite of those. I love the detail and the unique pose.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 11:44 pm

I also love the Japanese figures concept and their painting and sculpting quality. Despite all good points, I never got used with the assembling parts and my experience with these figures is not always pleasant. That's a personal thing once actually I think they are beautiful, I miss the traditional robustness of the most common western figures. It limits me a lot from getting many species, like the Japanese marten, but I continue favouring a less realistic figure like a Schleich marten to a figure in pieces. That's weird, I know. Well, foxes is another subject and I love all my Kaiyodo foxes. Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 12:06 am

bmathison1972 wrote:

The NT is the Tsushima Island subspecies,more common in the Toy world than the Japanese martens

Roger wrote:
I also love the Japanese figures concept and their painting and sculpting quality. Despite all good points, I never got used with the assembling parts and my experience with these figures is not always pleasant. That's a personal thing once actually I think they are beautiful, I miss the traditional robustness  of the most common western figures. It limits me a lot from getting many species, like the Japanese marten, but I continue favouring a less realistic figure like a Schleich marten to a figure in pieces. That's weird, I know. Well, foxes is another subject and I love all my Kaiyodo foxes. Wink

Very very strange indeed monkey Laughing
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 3:13 am

Roger wrote:
I also love the Japanese figures concept and their painting and sculpting quality. Despite all good points, I never got used with the assembling parts and my experience with these figures is not always pleasant. That's a personal thing once actually I think they are beautiful, I miss the traditional robustness  of the most common western figures. It limits me a lot from getting many species, like the Japanese marten, but I continue favouring a less realistic figure like a Schleich marten to a figure in pieces. That's weird, I know. Well, foxes is another subject and I love all my Kaiyodo foxes. Wink

That's understandable. I guess because I collect such a wide range of things, from resin figures to cards to stickers and magnets, that it doesn't bother me that much. I've never been inclined to one type of figure, and am more focused on a select number of species. Currently I collect wild canines (with a strong emphasis on wolves), wild felines (cheetahs, lions, and snow leopards are my personal favorites), and mustelids. I'll also occasionally get the odd feathered dinosaur, dragon, gryphon, bird of prey, striped hyena, Siberian husky, or German shepherd thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds   Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Japanese and Tsushima Island Marten Walkarounds
Page 1 of 1