Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many AAA figures in your collection?

Go down 
+10
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Roger
jarda
widukind
landrover
halichoeres
Kikimalou
bmathison1972
aschuck
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

How many AAA figures in your collection? Empty
PostSubject: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 3:28

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi, and welcome back to those of you who've missed any of the ongoing story of the AAA portion of my collection. That being said, I think it's time to start a sort of comparison topic, just to see who among our members has the most AAA figures. Not to make anyone jealous or something. Far From it. This is only for fun, as usual, so please feel free to tell me how many figures of AAA each one of you has. Anyway, in my collection, the number is currently 140, but that might change after a while. Of course, it's always like that, right? I mean where would we be without our collections? Well, let me know what your thoughts are on all this, and I'll keep you posted as to how my collection is going.

Aschuck

P.S. Roger, the pictures that you've been waiting for should be coming this week, I hope. It all depends on how fast my photographer can send them. I'll be sure to tell her that you think her work is awesome.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Just some clarification for you   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 3:37

Dear Sts Friends,

Okay, if anyone didn't get around to reading the last post yet, here is some clarification for you all to understand what I mean:

First: This topic is mainly to compare and contrast who has what as far as figures go in their collections. This is for AAA figures only, just so you know.

Second: This topic is designed so that members can see what others have. I don't know, I just thought it would be fun sort of compiling a list of who has what, and comparing the numbers of figures that everyone has, that's all. Anyway, if anyone wanted to contribute to this topic, then write me.

Just remember, this is just for fun. I mean, what do we do here on this forum but have fun, right? I mean, it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't have figures to share and all that, right? Well, I think you get my point, so if anyone has anything else to post about their AAA figures, then write me. At least we know one thing: I have so much fun posting about this stuff. As some one pointed out earlier, AAA is my specialty, as far as figures go.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 5:11

It would take me a while to get the numbers together, but it is not much. I don't like AAA wildlife, farm animals, birds (something about their style just never appealed to me), but I have crustaceans, insects, arachnids, and some mollusks (as arthropods and invertebrates are my focus groups).

I would say I have between 10 and 20 figures.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 10:22

I think I have only five AAA animals: Red panda, warthog, Wildebeest cow, Humbolt's penguin, porcupine and a small lion.
Most of them will leave my shleves (except the small lion).
Maybe one day I will add the walking mongoose, the two flying squirrels, the Tiger salamander and the Otter.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 17:32

I have only one, the Gallimimus:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's not very good, but it's the only Gallimimus toy with feathers. Most Gallimimus toys look like the ones in Jurassic Park.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 18:00

Congrats Halichoeres, your gallimimus is really nice. Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 18:33

More than 50

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 19:38

landrover wrote:

Congrats Halichoeres, your gallimimus is really nice. Applause Applause

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 19:40

About 30 pcs, I am not big AAA fan, shape of some figures (esp. mammals) is weird. I have large hen, rooster and chicks, peacock, ducks, macaw and sulfur-crested cockatoo, toucans, robin, from the small size figures I have hippo, elephant, camel female, turkey, grazing zebra...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 23:58

I have 21 If I am not missing anything. AAA is a company with figures for all tastes. Several sizes, several materials, themes, rich in diversity and very variable in quality. In AAA you can find figures with a very poor level of realism and some incredibly realistic. Namely, their large lizards look real. I continue thinking it is the best selection for your collecting tastes. Figures are often large and detailed, good to be handled and with so many lifesized figures, it will give you a very realistic impression of how some animals are in fact. There are a few I'd love to add to my collection.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 8:27

jarda wrote:
About 30 pcs, I am not big AAA fan, shape of some figures (esp. mammals) is weird. I have large hen, rooster and chicks, peacock, ducks, macaw and sulfur-crested cockatoo, toucans, robin, from the small size figures I have hippo, elephant, camel female, turkey, grazing zebra...

Can you please share a pic of the small size figures? Especially of the toucans and the robin. Thanks :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 12:11

widukind wrote:
jarda wrote:

Can you please share a pic of the small size figures? Especially of the toucans and the robin. Thanks :)

Sorry, Andreas, these ones mentioned by you are the large figures, very common ones:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 17:49

jarda wrote:
widukind wrote:
jarda wrote:

Sorry, Andreas, these ones mentioned by you are the large figures, very common ones:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks. I was thinking you have these figurines in small size. Becuase i hope for such animals :)

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 21:17

I have approx 150 AAA models-wildlife,farm,dogs and dinos.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 6:39

I have many, but no time to count them now. Wink if I ever get the time this week I will try to post here, but I have probably at least as many as Taylor, I find them charming.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 9:55

Just one, actually by accident.. It's this creamy-white horse. I've seen 3 colour variations on TAW, but not this one:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 13:56

spacelab wrote:
Just one, actually by accident.. It's this creamy-white horse. I've seen 3 colour variations on TAW, but not this one:

Actually, I added your picture at the wiki, it was accidentally once I thought it was Paige's picture. That's the reason why I haven't asked your permission. If you have any objection, I can remove it easily.
This seems to be the most popular AAA horse mould, that's already the fourth color listed there and yors is surely the most beautiful.

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 14:24

Roger wrote:
spacelab wrote:

Actually, I added your picture at the wiki

My pleasure Roger! Very Happy I just saw it, the color in the description says "grey"
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 14:36

spacelab wrote:
Roger wrote:
spacelab wrote:

Actually, I added your picture at the wiki

My pleasure Roger! Very Happy I just saw it, the color in the description says "grey"

I am glad you agree. Very Happy Seriously, I am not so good with horses. The labeled color is the equine color. As yours is creamy, I am not sure it intends to be a grey horse or if there is any other better equine color to describe it. I learned on forum that white horses are rare, we have the announced CollectA Camarillo that is a rare pure white horse but normally white horses are called grey once they are born with a certain color and they start greying with age. Eventually they get white when older. That's the reason why its page is called white horse while the description tells it is grey. Though, even the page name may be not appropriate once I believe there is a really white version of this figure and yours is creamy with dark ahiry parts. Wink What do you suggest?

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 16:17

Hmm.. It's not snow-white (like the zebra white) but I thought it was supposed to be a white horse. Anyway, I'm completely crappy with horses so I cannot suggest. I just showed the horse to three persons asking "what colour is this horse?" and everyone replied "white"..
You know better!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 18:27

spacelab wrote:
Hmm.. It's not snow-white (like the zebra white) but I thought it was supposed to be a white horse. Anyway, I'm completely crappy with horses so I cannot suggest. I just showed the horse to three persons asking "what colour is this horse?" and everyone replied "white"..
You know better!

Laughing I understand you perfectly. As a product it is white, Using equestrian terminology it is grey. Important is that one more AAA horse is listed on TAW.

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyFri 27 Dec 2019 - 11:53

About 50
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 21:33

At least 20 of them: Zebra, Allosaurus, Hatching Dimetrodon, Hatching Stegosaurus, Hatching Apatosaurus (actually Brachiosaurus but wrongly identified), American Toad, Bowhead Whale, Dutchman Monkey, Male Orang-utan, Young Orang-utan, Large Blue-Tonged Lizard, Flying Fish, large Jack-Knife Clam, two other shells, one frog I don't remember the name of, Dugong, African Elephant, Abyssal Fish... huh... I'll have to look to see if I have more.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 21:45

halichoeres wrote:
I have only one, the Gallimimus:

It's not very good, but it's the only Gallimimus toy with feathers. Most Gallimimus toys look like the ones in Jurassic Park.

This may not be the best Gallimimus indeed, but the fact that it is represented with feathers makes it extraordinarily modern. The fact that some dinosaurs had feathers has been discovered as recently as in the 2000's. A very unique piece, you have.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 21:46

jarda wrote:
You have the Ducks? I need a photo of the Ducks, to see if they are interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many AAA figures in your collection?   How many AAA figures in your collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many AAA figures in your collection?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next