Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround

Go down 
+2
widukind
VexVamp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 am

I noticed there wasn't a lot of documentation for these figures online, so I figured I might as well make a turnaround with mine. There's also a male lion from this company  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (not my photo) but I don't yet have him. If someone has one for sale or trade, let me know.

Anyway, I really like both of these figures, and particularly the pose on the cub, since it's so unique. Anyone who knows me knows I am all about those unique poses. At first I thought that the lioness had some pretty significant paint rubbing, but after doing further research it seems like it's just fur detail, and that all of them have it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 am

Oha, very beautiful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Blip Toys figures are really nice. They are an off-shoot of (or same?) brand that makes/made CollectA. I have at least six of their insects and they are really nice (I think I am missing a monarch butterfly, I can't remember)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 8:14 pm

This is a nice lioness,Blip toys are uneasy to find nowadays. Congratulation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 11:10 pm

Not comparable with a Papo lioness but nicer than many lionesses from other famous companies. I love the movement of the body and the unusual way they placed the tail.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 11:29 pm

nice models with original poses! :)
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:01 am

widukind wrote:
Oha, very beautiful

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:02 am

Caracal wrote:
nice models with original poses! :)

Yes, I agree!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:03 am

Roger wrote:
Not comparable with a Papo lioness but nicer than many lionesses from other famous companies. I love the movement of the body and the unusual way they placed the tail.

Yes, I think the level of detail is better than most other lionesses you commonly see. I agree about the poses, and think it was particularly clever of them to place the tail where they did, as it would make it easier to mold and less likely to break.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:04 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Blip Toys figures are really nice. They are an off-shoot of (or same?) brand that makes/made CollectA. I have at least six of their insects and they are really nice (I think I am missing a monarch butterfly, I can't remember)

That would make sense, since they do vaguely resemble Collecta figures.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:05 am

Kikimalou wrote:
This is a nice lioness,Blip toys are uneasy to find nowadays. Congratulation Very Happy

Thanks, I got both of them from lots on Ebay. I actually had three of the cub figure at one time. I sold one, and kept an extra, which I eventually plan to turn into a white lion.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:34 am

VexVamp wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

As far as I know, only the first batch of Procon/CollectA figures were sold by Blip Toys in their Nature Wonders HD line. Figures are the exact same you find in first CollectA catalogue. The corresponding butterfly may be the monarch we know from CollectA. Though, there is another butterfly, in a set called bug friends but it is another species, an eighty eight butterfly or something like htat.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 1:18 am

Roger wrote:
VexVamp wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

As far as I know, only the first batch of Procon/CollectA figures were sold by Blip Toys in their Nature Wonders HD line. Figures are the exact same you find in first CollectA catalogue. The corresponding butterfly may be the monarch we know from CollectA. Though, there is another butterfly, in a set called bug friends but it is another species, an eighty eight butterfly or something like htat.

There are two butterflies (not including the potential monarch): blue mother-of-pearl and an eighty-eight, plus a paper wasp, seven-spotted ladybug, green darner, and red-kneed tarantula, that I know of. I bought mine at Target prior to 2007 and I think I remember seeing a monarch too...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 1:44 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
VexVamp wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

There are two butterflies (not including the potential monarch): blue mother-of-pearl and an eighty-eight, plus a paper wasp, seven-spotted ladybug, green darner, and red-kneed tarantula, that I know of. I bought mine at Target prior to 2007 and I think I remember seeing a monarch too...

It is possible once these sets were sold with different combinations of figures. The 88 I was sure but I have no idea about other butterfly species.

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround   Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Blip Toys Lioness and Lion Cub Walkaround
Page 1 of 1