Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases

Go down 
+26
arafan
jtoddthree@gmail.com
endogenylove
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
halichoeres
burton70
NightLioness
LukaLeon085
Taos
Tove
costicuba
SUSANNE
Caracal
Deanmo19
pipsxlch
Roger
Advicot
Bowhead Whale
bmathison1972
CWGross
Ravonium
Tupolew Tu-154
Pardofelis
Megaptera
aschuck
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Sep 2020 - 4:34

Toobs i want:

- Tetrapod from water to land evolution
- Cetaceans (Whales) evolution, from land to water

- Silurian Toob
- Devonian Toob
- Carboniferous Toob
- Permian Toob

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Sep 2020 - 17:00

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Toobs i want:

- Tetrapod from water to land evolution
- Cetaceans (Whales) evolution, from land to water

- Silurian Toob
- Devonian Toob
- Carboniferous Toob
- Permian Toob

Great ideas. We haven't had a prehistoric Toob since 2013; any of these would be most welcome.

shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 16:41

I'd really like a full size Canadian Goose! Mule deer and/or female Elk would be cool too. Maybe a ringtail as well?

QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 1:37

Any news on 2021 sneak peeks?

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 12:27

QuollMate wrote:

I think we had last year the first news in september. But wasn´t there a news, that Safari has really trouble due to corona? If that´s still the case, I could imagine that we have longer to wait for any news...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 19:03

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
QuollMate wrote:

I think we had last year the first news in september. But wasn´t there a news, that Safari has really trouble due to corona? If that´s still the case, I could imagine that we have longer to wait for any news...

Makes sence - unfortunately Sad

I cross my fingers for Safari !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:00

I know they just moved from Miami to Jacksonville FL- at the other end of the state! Seems they might not be updating much until they settle in.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:13

I inquired about catalogues recently and they said they will not be printing them any longer. A shame...No news of new things yet.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 8:33

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I inquired about catalogues recently and they said they will not be printing them any longer. A shame...No news of new things yet.

Ohhhh, NO affraid
Sad Sad

aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: No News yet for me either.   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 9:52

Dear Sts Friends:

Yes, Safari has relocated to a new warehouse thingy, and no, there's no news of anything new. I've been doing some research, but still no luck. At this point, nobody knows, well okay, let's just say, your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what we know about the 2021 releases from Safari. I am curious though, but hopefully it will be soon. I mean the releases coming out. Anyway, I recently called safari, and suggested the following Toobs to them:

Rocks and Minerals, and instruments of the orchestra toob.

I've also suggested a European foods toob, featuring a baguette loaf of bread, among other things.

For that matter, they could do a world or international foods toob. I've also suggested a fennec fox for the wildlife wonders range. Maybe a bat-eared fox would be a good fit as well. Anyway, they are listening to us collectors, so that's good. At this point, we can suggest all we want, but we still won't know what exactly is planned for 2021. Well, in the meantime, we can always fill this topic with suggestions, and maybe someday, we'll see them made by Safari.

So, while we're waiting, what other dreams/wishes/hopes do we have? Here are some ideas:

Prehistoric: Dodo Arsinotherium re-release and more prehistoric mammals.

Wildlife wonders: Kangaroo, Koala, Platypus, Ostrich, Bat-eared Fox, Fennec Fox, Ring-tailed Lemur, Sloth, Peacock, and Arctic Wolf.

Toobs: Mermaids, Instruments of the orchestra, European Foods, International foods.

Dragons: Iceberg Dragon. (I've made my own version of this figure. There's an entry about it in my fictional Creatures document.)

Mythical Realms: New Jersey Devil, and more Cryptozoology stuff.

Wings of the world: Spotted Owl, new condor, preferably perched. I never liked the old flying one.

Sealife: Finless Porpoise, beluga whale re-release, Beluga whale Calf, Elephant Seal, Elephant seal Pup, Walrus Calf, Gray Seal, Angelfish, Seahorse, Clownfish, Butterflyfish, Blue Tang, Moorish Idol, Sailfish re-release, Sea anemone.

Incredible Creatures: Triton Trumpet Snail, Seahorse Trio, mounted on coral base, Clownfish, mounted on coral base, Parrotfish Angelfish, Butterflyfish, Moorish Idol, and stork. The Stork could also be a choice for either wings of the world, or wildlife wonders.

Also, dodo bird chicks in a nest would be a nice touch for prehistoric. A moa would be good for this too.

Well, those are my suggestions for the moment, so if there's any more news, then I'll write again. In the meantime, we'll just wait and see what's happening about the 2021 stuff.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 14:27

Many good suggestions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !
Dodo and moa gives me an idea : extinct birds TOOB Very Happy

angtyson97

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 16:30

why did safari move to jacksonville?but it won't fail right??why should they fail if they sold their figures online??however they cashed also during the pandemic or am i wrong?

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 16:57

angtyson97 wrote:
why did safari move to jacksonville?but it won't fail right??why should they fail if they sold their figures online??however they cashed also during the pandemic or am i wrong?

The probably moved to Jacksonville so they can go to Safe Harbour fish restaurant for lunch! Best seafood ever! Sorry...I just finished a 12.7 mile/17.2 km run and am starving lol!
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 19:04

I don’t recall who brought it up or if it was here or on the animal toy forum, but I am really holding out hope for a small mammals Toob from Safari, because I feel like that would provide an amazing opportunity for collectors to get a large amount of new species at a good size for a decent price!

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 19:21

Isn't Jacksonville one of the more exotic places, where Deadpool once was? scratch
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 19:25

Since safari seemed to struggle this year, I would expect 1 of 2 things. Many of their new figures this year will likely be revived/reused moulds, OR it will be new models (since development and production was likely so far along before the pandemic hit) and reused models will come in following years to cheapen costs.

I know we dont generally like reused moulds but I wouldnt mind if they brought some back, their big horn ram, rattlesnake, etc... even repainted for novel species (dall sheep, an actual rattler species) would be great options in my opinion.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 19:54

I totally agree Paige with your thoughts about the years to come. I'd love some re-released figures, my personal ones would be: Bighorn ram, opossum, Angolan lion, Golden eagle

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 21:00

Jacksonville is a pretty big port city, but I would never term it exotic lol. However, it is only 3 hours from me as opposed to 5 like Miami- field trip! (I know not happening) I would imagine cost is the biggest reason- real estate and wages are cheaper up there by the Georgia border. It's also more in line with the land transport routes. Peninsula Florida is off the map to anything but stuff headed to it itself and the Caribbean/South/Central America via the big ports of Miami and Tampa.

That would make sense, Paige. What's already in the pipeline they might as well try to recoup their costs. After that, a couple slack years recycling retired molds could help with expenses. I've been wanting a Scutosaurus...

My husband is allergic to seafood, but maybe sometime I can try that restaurant out, Blaine. Jacksonville is a convenient day trip from here.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 23:50

I asked Safari on Instagram about when we can expect to see previews of the 2021 goods. They gave me a vague “soon” and that was it.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Sep 2020 - 0:47

All this speculation it pointless. And never ask Safari when or what they are going to release. They will release on their terms and you'll know it when they do.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Sep 2020 - 1:27

bmathison1972 wrote:
All this speculation it pointless. And never ask Safari when or what they are going to release. They will release on their terms and you'll know it when they do.

I asked because Safari has historically shared their new catalogs in September.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Sep 2020 - 2:12

QuollMate wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I asked because Safari has historically shared their new catalogs in September.

Last year it was first week in October and they didn't give us any heads-up.
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

Country/State : Round Rock Texas

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Oct 2020 - 4:58

My ideas

Prehistoric
Baryonx
Cryolophosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Centrosaurus
Saltasaurus
Albertosaurus
Miragia
Plateosaurus
Maiasaura
Corythosaurus
Protoceratops
Therzinosaurus
Alamosaurus
Argentinosaurus
Columbian mammoth
Paraceratheirum
Basilosaurus
Ambeulocetus

Wings of the world
African crowned crane
Golden eagle
Andean condor
Rhea
Crowned eagle
Black kite

Incredible creatures
Tenrec
Aye aye
Tariser

Wildlife
Fossa
Baboon
Indri
Ruffed lemur
Impala
Gemsbok
Gaur
Gray kangaroo
Giant anteater
Black wildebeest

North American
Bison calf
Mule deer
New mountain lion
Roaring grizzly bear
Polar bear rearing up

Sealife
Elephant seal
Grey whale
Steller's sea lion
Fin whale

Wildlife wonders
Red kangaroo
Ostrich
Snow leopard

Toobs
Serengeti toob
Mangrove animals toob
Indonesian animals toob
Migratory animals toob
Madagascar toob
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Oct 2020 - 15:30

When you are searching for ''Safari Ltd new 2021'', you will find a new website from Safari. They say, that the news are coming soon.
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

Country/State : Round Rock Texas

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Oct 2020 - 15:41

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases   Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Safari LTD 2021 releases
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next