Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my newcomers

Go down 
+58
FluffySlipers
Tove
Saien
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
lucky luke
Ana
NightLioness
Tarunyada
Kikimalou
Carola
widukind
LeeAnn
Roger
MartinH
ulinuk
NandO
pm64
TheLastStardust
Bonobo
SpiralStrix
stecal
persefone
Florian
jarda
JonasV
orcagirl26
arafan
resti
Fisva
Bloodrayne
Pony
Saarlooswolfhound
remowshake
scot(t)
animalluvr6
Cyhyraeth
xfoxx
PeGe
STORMnl
Arnaud
75senta75
Tiermann
dlfrogman
Vivien
Gabe
Wildheart
MD1985
Mastiffcat
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Sumo
skysthelimit
aandmkw
SyLoBe
ken yeo
Kristie
HKHollinstone
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

my newcomers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Sorry Roger I disagree... For me, they are the best now (with Papo). Yes they are cute but not in the toyish way you say. Not for me. I think they are really good replica of a real animal Wink
And just so you know... Schleich is not no.1 for me Suspect

STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:53 pm

very very nice figures you have there

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:09 pm

MartinH wrote:
Sorry Roger I disagree... For me, they are the best now (with Papo). Yes they are cute but not in the toyish way you say. Not for me. I think they are really good replica of a real animal Wink

OK Martin, if you has that opinion seeing in the realistic point of view of a figure it makes me happy. So you expressed yourself in the correct way. :)
I've read somewhere that your favourite brand is CollectA, wasn't it? Suspect
New giraffes and okapis! Laughing
There's nothing wrong in having Schleich as a favourite brand. I commented in another topic how nice are Schleich snowy owl and arctic fox, It is good to recognise a good figure even when it is not made by our favourite brands. Have you ever noticed how well sculpted is the Nayab tiger? ... and I'm sure it is a brand without big enthusiasts! Laughing

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:30 am

I like Schleich as a brand. Most of their products are masterpieces and true rarity in my collection and I admire their work. But brands like Collecta or Papo are closer to my heart :) But this year Mojo moves forward a lot. Last year Mojo wasn´t so attractive to me because some of their figures were like a copy of the Collecta, but this year I am excited about this brand and I´m so excited about their new stuff bounce
But it is true that I´m more focusing on individual animals than tags ... if they hit my taste I don´t care about the brand elephant That's why I also like a lot of Nayab. It's a brand that is not as publicized as the other and yet there are true gems in their products :)

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:11 am

I absolutely dislike the new SCHLEICH elephants What a Face , except the calves but... Congratulation Martin cheers
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:48 am

What a Face Very Happy Very Happy thank you :)))

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:03 pm

My pleasure cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Congratulations Martin good addition! cheers
and sumptuous layout of your picture sunny study
For my part I'll wait for the acquisition of elephants, there are not a prioriité 2012 .... scratch Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:13 pm

MartinH wrote:
I like Schleich as a brand. Most of their products are masterpieces and true rarity in my collection and I admire their work. But brands like Collecta or Papo are closer to my heart :) But this year Mojo moves forward a lot. Last year Mojo wasn´t so attractive to me because some of their figures were like a copy of the Collecta, but this year I am excited about this brand and I´m so excited about their new stuff bounce
But it is true that I´m more focusing on individual animals than tags ... if they hit my taste I don´t care about the brand elephant That's why I also like a lot of Nayab. It's a brand that is not as publicized as the other and yet there are true gems in their products :)

That's really great! I also love some Schleich figures in my collection and some of them are irreplaceable like the musk ox, mountain goat or wisent. These last years we are seeing good figures like the snowy owl, kudu, but none of them is as remarkable like these old ones. Maybe the grazing zebra is the real masterpiece of newer Schleich figures.
I really enjoy a lot when you take your outside pictures, being careful with any detail, everything is perfect , a engenious work of realism sometimes only broken by the toyish look of a Schleich figure. So it is good when you use other brands in your photos. :)
Yes, Mojo started with a CollectA style what is natural in a brand of a ex-CollectA worker. It was visible in zebras, for example, as tigers have a little Papo style or giraffes a little Schleich style. We have always references when we start a project. If I wanted to be a good photographer I surely would use in a first time your pictures and from other STS friends as inspiration and later to work my own style.
That's the reason why I concentrated my atention in hyena, absolutly new in the market, and lion, is not easy to see a lion that is not inspired in a previous figure. And the Mojo lion, with or without chin is absolutly unique!
This year Mojo has already clearly its own design as also CollectA is working in a very different way from previous years and we are taking advantages of it! Curiously those are the two brands that work closer to our forum. It would not surprise me if the new brilliant CollectA giraffe had a Martin's touch! Laughing

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Roger wrote:
MartinH wrote:

That's really great! I also love some Schleich figures in my collection and some of them are irreplaceable like the musk ox, mountain goat or wisent. These last years we are seeing good figures like the snowy owl, kudu, but none of them is as remarkable like these old ones. Maybe the grazing zebra is the real masterpiece of newer Schleich figures.
I really enjoy a lot when you take your outside pictures, being careful with any detail, everything is perfect , a engenious work of realism sometimes only broken by the toyish look of a Schleich figure. So it is good when you use other brands in your photos. :)
Yes, Mojo started with a CollectA style what is natural in a brand of a ex-CollectA worker. It was visible in zebras, for example, as tigers have a little Papo style or giraffes a little Schleich style. We have always references when we start a project. If I wanted to be a good photographer I surely would use in a first time your pictures and from other STS friends as inspiration and later to work my own style.
That's the reason why I concentrated my atention in hyena, absolutly new in the market, and lion, is not easy to see a lion that is not inspired in a previous figure. And the Mojo lion, with or without chin is absolutly unique!
This year Mojo has already clearly its own design as also CollectA is working in a very different way from previous years and we are taking advantages of it! Curiously those are the two brands that work closer to our forum. It would not surprise me if the new brilliant CollectA giraffe had a Martin's touch! Laughing
Oh, I would love that... Thank you bounce

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Roger wrote:
MartinH wrote:

OK Martin, if you has that opinion seeing in the realistic point of view of a figure it makes me happy. So you expressed yourself in the correct way. :)
There's nothing wrong in having Schleich as a favourite brand. I commented in another topic how nice are Schleich snowy owl and arctic fox, It is good to recognise a good figure even when it is not made by our favourite brands. Have you ever noticed how well sculpted is the Nayab tiger? ... and I'm sure it is a brand without big enthusiasts! Laughing

I don't like at least 80% of the Schleich animals because of what roger already wrote.
Those elephants are better, but they still have their main problem:
wrong proportions,....
But: now i really like to see a picture of the Nayab tiger, although it's off-topic.
Do you find one, roger?
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:14 pm

MartinH wrote:

...My favorite brand is Papo... But... I,m agree with Martin and desagree with opinion by Rogerio and Christophe. scratch scratch My friends your opinion about Schleich as brand and Schleich,s elephants in part is angry and terrorist-radical! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 am

PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:
MartinH wrote:

I don't like at least 80% of the Schleich animals because of what roger already wrote.
Those elephants are better, but they still have their main problem:
wrong proportions,....
But: now i really like to see a picture of the Nayab tiger, although it's off-topic.
Do you find one, roger?

Here is the only one I've found and send to Willy!
So that's the picture of his collection.
The painting is really poor, mainly this Atosa version and not Del Prado as Willy calls it. But the sculpting is very nice. Maybe someone has a picture from above and you see what I mean. Remember those are cheap figures. If someone is interested I can try to find another one. :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Thank you roger!
Nice sculpt, both proportions and move.
If you could get me one please, i'd try to paint it a malayan or a south chinese tiger.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:39 am

PeGe wrote:
Thank you roger!
Nice sculpt, both proportions and move.
If you could get me one please, i'd try to paint it a malayan or a south chinese tiger.

That's a good idea! Idea I'll try and if I find it I'll let you know! :)

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:18 pm

My brand new island pony... I didn´t want him but he was for free so...

And amazing gift from Yvette :)

xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

congrats! those Bullylands look really cute!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 am

Congratulations Martin! :)

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 2:02 am

ooohhhhhh Martin! What is that Papo horse?????? He is beautiful!!! I love you

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 3:49 am

Kristie wrote:

-Kristie

I think it is a Barb mare! Unless the mane remembers me a horse that is in a topic of a nice lady saying that she will never collect horses! scratch cat flower
Anyway the Barb is an African horse and Martin is showing it as an European horse and I'm not very good with it! Laughing geek study Being or not is also my favourite of this group! Very Happy

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:21 am

Well I neeeeeeeed it.

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 am

Congrats Martin! Nice additions! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 am

Roger wrote:
Kristie wrote:

-Kristie

I think it is a Barb mare! Unless the mane remembers me a horse that is in a topic of a nice lady saying that she will never collect horses! scratch cat flower
Anyway the Barb is an African horse and Martin is showing it as an European horse and I'm not very good with it! Laughing geek study Being or not is also my favourite of this group! Very Happy
Oh you´re right Roger... my mistake. I´ll fix this!

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:19 am

Congratulations Martin!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 pm

MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:
Kristie wrote:

-Kristie

Oh you´re right Roger... my mistake. I´ll fix this!

No problem at all. They are more used in Europe than in Africa. :) I was only able of remembering it not because I'm able of recognise a breed but some horse figures are unforgetable! :) cheers I also adore the old Schleich Icey for example! :)

PostSubject: Re: my newcomers   my newcomers - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

my newcomers
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next