Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo   Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 12:29 pm

I got these Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo figures and wanted to put them onto TAW, but aren't quite sure where.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Currently, there are 5 sets of Asahiyama Zoo figures listed on TAW, but not these. They look quite old, so I wonder whether they preceded set 1 on TAW. Does anyone know more about them?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo   Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 8:31 am

A interesting set

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo   Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 2:34 pm

I think there were multiple releases of the Asahiyama Zoo set. You can see more here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo   Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Very, very interesting and unusual models !!!! cheers

Thankyou very much for sharing sunny

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo   Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Thanks. Yes, they are good, even though I prefer my animals without cages. Quite small, even for Kaiyodo standards. They can still be found quite cheaply on the Japanese auction sites.

There were indeed several Asahiyama Zoo releases. TAW lists them very nicely as 1-5, but where do these fit in? My feeling is that they preceded number 1 and that the other sets should be renumbered, but it's just a guess.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo   Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 12:44 pm

I am now thinking these were not produced by Kaiyodo at all but by Yuijn. Look at this Asahiyama set by Yujin: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A lot of similarities.

I got these figures in their bags, but they don't help much in identifying the brand. They show "FamilyMart", but this is a Japanese convenience store chain, unlikely to be the maker.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo   Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Asahiyama Zoo
Page 1 of 1